• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Broncos defense is sick of their garbage offense

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great? Vikings yes or no? I already agreed they have a very good D.

Off the top of my head, the Vikings defense stopped playing well for a while now

looking at Denvers' results, the only 2 games you could really say the Defense lost, were the Chiefs and Raiders

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They tried to replicate the gameplan from LY and the DEF lost some pieces that some of their fans thought were easily replaceable. They're not as good against the run and as you said the OL is not great at pass blocking...not good when you're playing inexperienced QBs.

IMO, on every team the window of opportunity is either closing or it's opening. When you've won a title it always seems to be closing. DEN could go after Romo and chase one more title, but it largely depend on what they have to give up.

Ultimately for long term success, they need Lynch to develop into a starting caliber QB...they can replace Ware and other pieces of the team, but they gotta fix the QB spot to sustain it.

Man people really like to throw that word "easily" out there. None of us said they were "easily" replaceable. We thought the talent around those positions could help cover up some of the loss. Heck I was pushing hard for us to keep Trevathan because I consider him the heart of last year's defense. And while yes the run game has struggled this year the pass defense has actually improved. So still very talented defense just not quite to the level of last year.

And yes you are right the development of Lynch but I will add or Siemian will be huge for the long-term success of the Broncos. This is not our season and I didn't see many Bronco fans saying that we would win a 2nd Super Bowl this year. We considered our team playoff caliber and we are with 2 weeks left still right in the heat of the playoff battle. Not sure if we make it or not at this point but the team has fought to the end.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe i disagreed with you.

Sorry I guess I misunderstood your post then as you made it sound like I should expect regression by our QB's. Not saying that can't happen but I do think the other way can be just as plausible.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I guess I misunderstood your post then as you made it sound like I should expect regression by our QB's. Not saying that can't happen but I do think the other way can be just as plausible.

Will you guys be settling this with a fist fight?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off the top of my head, the Vikings defense stopped playing well for a while now

looking at Denvers' results, the only 2 games you could really say the Defense lost, were the Chiefs and Raiders
So your answer is no. Thanks that's all you had to say.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will you guys be settling this with a fist fight?

Who knows. I'm guessing these next couple of weeks will not be as fun in the locker room. Going to be some interesting conversations going on. I really can't blame the defense for being upset. Especially the last 2 weeks they have done plenty to win those games and the offense has been embarrassing and really have been for almost 2 seasons now.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows. I'm guessing these next couple of weeks will not be as fun in the locker room. Going to be some interesting conversations going on. I really can't blame the defense for being upset. Especially the last 2 weeks they have done plenty to win those games and the offense has been embarrassing and really have been for almost 2 seasons now.

Im actually surprised this doesn't happen more often in locker rooms

For instance, how is it that Drew Brees hasn't murdered someone on the Saints defense yet in his career?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have played a pretty brutal sxhedule. They have 1 below average loss to San Diego. Their other 5 losses are to teams who are combined 50-20. Everyone needs to relax. They may not make the playoffs this year but it's less to do with ofgense and more to do with just playing better teams than they did last year

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have played a pretty brutal sxhedule. They have 1 below average loss to San Diego. Their other 5 losses are to teams who are combined 50-20. Everyone needs to relax. They may not make the playoffs this year but it's less to do with ofgense and more to do with just playing better teams than they did last year
Erm, if anything it might be easier with the NFC South and and AFC South being on the dockett.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For instance, how is it that Drew Brees hasn't murdered someone on the Saints defense yet in his career?

Agreed. At least this for the Broncos has only been brewing for a couple of years. Brees has seen it most of his career.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erm, if anything it might be easier with the NFC South and and AFC South being on the dockett.
Denver played 7 games all last regular season vs teams .500 or better. This year they'll play 10 or 11. It's not close

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an excuse. Injuries are part of the game. Talking RBs alone you realize NE lost both Blount and Lewis last year. NE didn't use excuses they still went to the AFCCG where they got their hats handed to them.
You do realize there's a difference between a reason and an excuse right? Here, I'll give you a lesson.

Reason: The Broncos run game has not been as good as it was earlier this year before CJ Anderson was injured.
Excuse: The only reason the Broncos beat the Patriots is because the Patriots had a bunch of injuries! In the AFC Championship game we'll have Edelman and Gronk back, no way the Broncos beat us this time!

You're right in that injuries are part of the game, and the great teams overcome them. They change their scheme, they find someone else to fill in, but they overcome. Denver has failed to do that this year. Kubiak hasn't adjusted well to losing Anderson and that is his failing and it could cost the Broncos the playoffs.

See, I'm not making excuses, I'm putting the blame squarely on the coaching staff. They haven't adjusted to the hand they've been dealt.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame the broncos D for being a little irritated. Limited Titans to 13 and pats to 16 and offense could not do enough to win those. That is pathetic.

I agree this offense is terrible, but they did score enough points to win the KC game. Defense (and Jordan Norwood) lost that one.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would go against the grain of everything you're working for as a coaching staff.
did you ever play sports? This shit is instilled at a very young age. I know some players seize the opportunity for the attention after they've received a certain status for on field achievement, but this stuff seldom rally's a team for the good.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. At least this for the Broncos has only been brewing for a couple of years. Brees has seen it most of his career.
I think there are more locker room blow ups then most of us will ever know. Usually it's kept under wraps. I was surprised how quickly the media got hold of it. From what I saw players during their pressers freely opened up and discussed rather than deflect the questions.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize there's a difference between a reason and an excuse right? Here, I'll give you a lesson.

Reason: The Broncos run game has not been as good as it was earlier this year before CJ Anderson was injured.
Excuse: The only reason the Broncos beat the Patriots is because the Patriots had a bunch of injuries! In the AFC Championship game we'll have Edelman and Gronk back, no way the Broncos beat us this time!

You're right in that injuries are part of the game, and the great teams overcome them. They change their scheme, they find someone else to fill in, but they overcome. Denver has failed to do that this year. Kubiak hasn't adjusted well to losing Anderson and that is his failing and it could cost the Broncos the playoffs.

See, I'm not making excuses, I'm putting the blame squarely on the coaching staff. They haven't adjusted to the hand they've been dealt.

Ive said this for yeaaaaarsss

If Aaron Rodgers was lost for the season in Week 2, and the Packers go 3-13

That's a "Reason", not an "Excuse"

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Congratulations for not using the injury excuse. You have learned quickly grasshopper.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Brees had the same personality as Aqib Talib, he probably would have shot up the entire locker room at some point.