• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Broncos defense is sick of their garbage offense

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the assumption that Lynch would be the permanent starter by now. Honestly I think Siemian has wildly overperfomed any expectation I had of him. He is like the Jeremy Lin of NFL QBs. That stuff just doesnt happen.

Agree. At the start of the year, I was giving Denver fans shit for defending Trevor. I predicted that Lynch would be starting by week 10. That hasn't happened, and Siemian has played well enough in certain games to justify keeping him out there.

Yesterday, he had no chance against a Belichek defense.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly dont think Romo to Denver makes a lick of sense at all. A trade for Joe Thomas would make more sense.
I agree, I don't think Romo is coming to Denver. I think the Joe Thomas ship has sailed, though. Really thought Elway should have pulled the trigger on that trade last season.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did someone punch John Elway in the face?

He didn't really think they could win 2 straight seasons with shitty QB play, did he?
Hey stop picking on John. It wasn't only him. The Bronco Hooplians drank that Orange Crush. They continually told us how they won with the worst QB and anyone would be able to step in. Those arguments came right after how the D wouldn't change with the losses. They had so much depth it wouldn't miss a beat.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey stop picking on John. It wasn't only him. The Bronco Hooplians drank that Orange Crush. They continually told us how they won with the worst QB and anyone would be able to step in. Those arguments came right after how the D wouldn't change with the losses. They had so much depth it wouldn't miss a beat.

LOL....The Defense really has been great, the offense is just a pathetic shit show

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is still the best in football, and probably will be next season, I doubt they would waste that again next season
The difference is that you can run on them this year. Pretty easily, actually.

They went from 1st against the run last year to 29th. A difference of over 45yds a game. Footballoutsiders is a little kinder in saying they are 25th against the run but thats not in any way championship football that can overcome a bad offense.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a good fit.

I think most Broncos fans were expecting Siemian to give them at least what Manning did last year. That's what I recall some of them saying before the season opener.
Manning in 2015 - 59.8 completion percentage, 224.9 yards per game, 2.7 touchdown percentage, 5.1 interception percentage, 67.9 passer rating
Siemian in 2016 - 61.3 completion percentage, 251 yards per game, 3.8 touchdown percentage, 1.9 interception percentage, 88.1 passer rating

By all accounts, Siemian has been an upgrade to Manning last year. The problem is the team around him isn't as good. Siemian has been serviceable.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning in 2015 - 59.8 completion percentage, 224.9 yards per game, 2.7 touchdown percentage, 5.1 interception percentage, 67.9 passer rating
Siemian in 2016 - 61.3 completion percentage, 251 yards per game, 3.8 touchdown percentage, 1.9 interception percentage, 88.1 passer rating

By all accounts, Siemian has been an upgrade to Manning last year. The problem is the team around him isn't as good. Siemian has been serviceable.
Yeah, from what I've seen of Lynch this year, it could be A LOT worse right now for the Broncos if Siemian, flawed as he is, wasn't there.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is that you can run on them this year. Pretty easily, actually.

They went from 1st against the run last year to 29th. A difference of over 45yds a game. Footballoutsiders is a little kinder in saying they are 25th against the run but thats not in any way championship football that can overcome a bad offense.
This is it. They can't stop the run, so teams don't face many third and longs, so the Broncos pass rush can't tee off on the qb. Losing Malik Jackson really hurt their depth, and then losing Vance Walker to injury in the preseason (he was a key part of their ability to stop the run last season) killed their d-line. Instead of Crick being here for depth, he had to start. Adam Gotsis, who is a pretty raw rookie, has had to play more than they expected. They just haven't held up.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmph, and some people, like me, are getting impatient about mediocre QB play.

Like AtlSteeler said, there is a noticeable lack of quality QB's in the league, overall, right now.

Watching last night's game was like looking into the future of the NFL. Dak and Jameis are both exciting guys but they still need to mature (Winston more than Prescott, obviously).

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really killed the Broncos this year has been the injury to CJ Anderson. It's pretty clear he made the running game a lot better than it had any right to be, and even Booker was having success as the second back in the rotation. They were 5-2 with Anderson and 3-4 without him. He meant more to the offense than I think we realized.
Please stop with the injury excuse. You sound desperatelty desperate.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this isn't an exaggeration at all, is it? I'll admit that I thought the Broncos would be better than they are, but even I didn't think they'd win the Super Bowl again, let alone get there. I thought they'd win the division again, but that was partly because I underestimated both the Raiders (who I thought were on the rise but were a year away) and the Chiefs (who have been much better on defense than I thought they would be).

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not an excuse. The run game has suffered since they lost Anderson. That is literally the truth. He was more important to the run game than I thought.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like AtlSteeler said, there is a noticeable lack of quality QB's in the league, overall, right now.

Watching last night's game was like looking into the future of the NFL. Dak and Jameis are both exciting guys but they still need to mature (Winston more than Prescott, obviously).

Agreed, jameis is 22 and would be a senior at FSU if he never left

I think he is on a good trajectory, but a huge road game like that, he's not there yet

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case it's more observation than excuse. If you want to say Denver should address the issue, fine. Not everyone has stud RB's just out of the blue. No amount of tough guy machismo is making that observation disappear.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....The Defense really has been great, the offense is just a pathetic shit show
Great:scratch: Let's just say we disagree on the definition of great. Do the Vikings have a great D? Denver has given up one less point then the great Denver D. They are still very good but not great and not near on the same level as last year.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 4th rounder for Romo just became a 3rd...

Pass. Really don't need a 37 year old QB with broken back to step in behind this turnstile offensive line. And definitely not for the cap hit.

I honestly dont think Romo to Denver makes a lick of sense at all. A trade for Joe Thomas would make more sense.

Thank you. QB isn't the biggest weakness on this offense.

We had caveats. Offense needed to play mediocre. They haven't. Don't create your own fictional world with what we have said.

Why? Pats fans use it as their go to excuse all the time.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, jameis is 22 and would be a senior at FSU if he never left

I think he is on a good trajectory, but a huge road game like that, he's not there yet

There were times last night when Winston looked incredible, but there were a couple of other times he looked, well... like a rookie. That one TD where the defender tapped the ball and Humphries just happened to corral it, and then the interception to seal it for Dallas, were two glaring examples.

But things are definitely looking up for us long-suffering Buccs fans

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great:scratch: Let's just say we disagree on the definition of great. Do the Vikings have a great D? Denver has given up one less point then the great Denver D. They are still very good but not great and not near on the same level as last year.

Held the pats to 16 points. They are a good D.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass. Really don't need a 37 year old QB with broken back to step in behind this turnstile offensive line. And definitely not for the cap hit.

Thank you. QB isn't the biggest weakness on this offense.

We had caveats. Offense needed to play mediocre. They haven't. Don't create your own fictional world with what we have said.

Why? Pats fans use it as their go to excuse all the time.
Elway might disagree after missing the playoffs. He's bet on 37 year old QB's before