• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Broncos defense is sick of their garbage offense

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great:scratch: Let's just say we disagree on the definition of great. Do the Vikings have a great D? Denver has given up one less point then the great Denver D. They are still very good but not great and not near on the same level as last year.

They just held 2 playoff QB's to 188 yards passing, and 88 yards passing the last 2 weeks

I think there PPG average can be skewed by one awful night vs KC, and one maybe against Atlanta

I think they have been good enough to win almost every game this season, yesterday included

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame the broncos D for being a little irritated. Limited Titans to 13 and pats to 16 and offense could not do enough to win those. That is pathetic.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not an excuse. The run game has suffered since they lost Anderson. That is literally the truth. He was more important to the run game than I thought.
It is an excuse. Injuries are part of the game. Talking RBs alone you realize NE lost both Blount and Lewis last year. NE didn't use excuses they still went to the AFCCG where they got their hats handed to them.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an excuse. Injuries are part of the game. Talking RBs alone you realize NE lost both Blount and Lewis last year. NE didn't use excuses they still went to the AFCCG where they got their hats handed to them.

Liar. After losing to Brock Osweiler injuries excuse was used by pats fans

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this isn't an exaggeration at all, is it? I'll admit that I thought the Broncos would be better than they are, but even I didn't think they'd win the Super Bowl again, let alone get there. I thought they'd win the division again, but that was partly because I underestimated both the Raiders (who I thought were on the rise but were a year away) and the Chiefs (who have been much better on defense than I thought they would be).
I think talentwise the AFC West is very even. My assumption was that the better coaches and GMs would find a way in the offseason. After seeing things play out, I still think this was the Chargers year and they just lost everyone to injury and didnt have Bosa all year, can't close games, etc.

All this talk about Romo to Denver and I think he'd make more sense in KC.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you note I said they are still a "very good D"? They are not great.

And now to list the NFL's Great Defenses, according to NWPatsfan, in alphabetical order:

Patriots, New England

That is all

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liar. After losing to Brock Osweiler injuries excuse was used by pats fans
There may have been an uneducated fan or two. But note I said NE not the fans. The Pats don't use the excuse and nor do I. It's a crutch for losers. Injuries happen every year to every team. It's part of the game just like bad weather and bad officiating nothing you can do about it. Build depth and move on.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just held 2 playoff QB's to 188 yards passing, and 88 yards passing the last 2 weeks

I think there PPG average can be skewed by one awful night vs KC, and one maybe against Atlanta

I think they have been good enough to win almost every game this season, yesterday included
Great? Vikings yes or no? I already agreed they have a very good D.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Romo is ticketed for Denver...Not saying its a great idea with that Oline, but leaving that team in the hands of those 2 QB's, are you really expecting a different result next season?

I do agree the CJ Anderson loss was bigger than first anticipated

So do QB's never grow? How they have been from day 1 is how they stay?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would personally think KC makes more sense for Romo at this point than Denver provided Smith is moved in some fashion; the OL situation in pass protection is well, not horrible. Romo/Watson would be a nice way to change things up.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do QB's never grow? How they have been from day 1 is how they stay?

You're absolutely right. Some of them start off okay and then get gradually worse

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now to list the NFL's Great Defenses, according to NWPatsfan, in alphabetical order:

Patriots, New England

That is all
Actually if you read many of my other posts you'd see you're way off. I for one am shocked how few points NE has given up. You'll also hear me bitch continously on how I can't stand the NE bend but don't break zones they run. Slow day for you I understand.

So do you consider Denver a great D this year?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually if you read many of my other posts you'd see you're way off. I for one am shocked how few points NE has given up. You'll also hear me bitch continously on how I can't stand the NE bend but don't break zones they run. Slow day for you I understand.

So do you consider Denver a great D this year?

If it'll piss you off, then sure...Denver's awesome

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos have a huge issue. They probably have the worst passing blocking oline in the NFL and next year draft is one of the worst oline drafts in history.

You can't win with defense if your defense isnt easily the best in the league, either. The Broncos D isnt as good as it was last year.

They tried to replicate the gameplan from LY and the DEF lost some pieces that some of their fans thought were easily replaceable. They're not as good against the run and as you said the OL is not great at pass blocking...not good when you're playing inexperienced QBs.

IMO, on every team the window of opportunity is either closing or it's opening. When you've won a title it always seems to be closing. DEN could go after Romo and chase one more title, but it largely depend on what they have to give up.

Ultimately for long term success, they need Lynch to develop into a starting caliber QB...they can replace Ware and other pieces of the team, but they gotta fix the QB spot to sustain it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're absolutely right. Some of them start off okay and then get gradually worse

So none of them can ever improve? They are either great from the beginning or start off mediocre and never get above that level? So Jameis Winston we should expect him to stay at a career 85 QB rating then from now on?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So none of them can ever improve? They are either great from the beginning or start off mediocre and never get above that level? So Jameis Winston we should expect him to stay at a career 85 QB rating then from now on?

I don't believe i disagreed with you.