• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Broncos defense is sick of their garbage offense

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would go against the grain of everything you're working for as a coaching staff.
did you ever play sports? This shit is instilled at a very young age. I know some players seize the opportunity for the attention after they've received a certain status for on field achievement, but this stuff seldom rally's a team for the good.

Of course, but human nature does kick in sometimes, especially when emotions are running at their highest

Losing to New England on your HF definitely would be one of those times

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are more locker room blow ups then most of us will ever know. Usually it's kept under wraps. I was surprised how quickly the media got hold of it. From what I saw players during their pressers freely opened up and discussed rather than deflect the questions.

This is part of the good and bad of this Broncos team. They are a very emotional team on both sides of the ball but especially the defensive side of the ball. They are very open about how they feel and what is going on. In fact the Broncos have been one of the more transparent organizations in the NFL since McHoodie Jr. left. So it doesn't shock me too much that this got out about this happening in the locker room. I have appreciated how players have handled it since the blow up.

And honestly as a counselor there are times it is good to get some of these things out. Something that has been brewing for 2 years can only lead to more division the longer players/coaches and such hold it in. Let it out, hug it out, and move on. Figure out what we can do from here on out. And really to me babying this offense hasn't done anything so far. It has just lead to 2 straight years of the same thing. So maybe the defense finally putting it out there that they are tired of this crap is the kick in the pants the offense needs. Maybe too little too late unfortunately.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations for not using the injury excuse. You have learned quickly grasshopper.
I've never used the injury excuse. It's the same pathetic losers lament as blaming the officials. Injuries happen to everyone. The great teams find their way around them.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver played 7 games all last regular season vs teams .500 or better. This year they'll play 10 or 11. It's not close
Mkay. Their 2015 schedule ranked 10th looking at DVOA. It's 16th this year. If you wanted to make a schedule argument, it'd be that there are 2 in division teams better than the Broncos right now. Counting the Texans as a good team fools exactly nobody.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive said this for yeaaaaarsss

If Aaron Rodgers was lost for the season in Week 2, and the Packers go 3-13

That's a "Reason", not an "Excuse"
If the Packers don't have a plan for backfilling a lost player and they want to blame the losses on that, it's an excuse. The reason is the front office and coaches failed.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, but human nature does kick in sometimes, especially when emotions are running at their highest

Losing to New England on your HF definitely would be one of those times
opinions vary here as well, but then again, you have a #13 jersey I'm sure...so, understandable opinion

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Packers don't have a plan for backfilling a lost player and they want to blame the losses on that, it's an excuse. The reason is the front office and coaches failed.

Sorry, not every QB in the NFL is as replaceable as Tom Brady

Most teams don't just go 3-1 or 4-0 or 11-5 with Matt Cassell

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is part of the good and bad of this Broncos team. They are a very emotional team on both sides of the ball but especially the defensive side of the ball. They are very open about how they feel and what is going on. In fact the Broncos have been one of the more transparent organizations in the NFL since McHoodie Jr. left. So it doesn't shock me too much that this got out about this happening in the locker room. I have appreciated how players have handled it since the blow up.

And honestly as a counselor there are times it is good to get some of these things out. Something that has been brewing for 2 years can only lead to more division the longer players/coaches and such hold it in. Let it out, hug it out, and move on. Figure out what we can do from here on out. And really to me babying this offense hasn't done anything so far. It has just lead to 2 straight years of the same thing. So maybe the defense finally putting it out there that they are tired of this crap is the kick in the pants the offense needs. Maybe too little too late unfortunately.
Without a doubt the air needs clearing. Team chemistry plays a HUGE part that is often over looked.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
opinions vary here as well, but then again, you have a #13 jersey I'm sure...so, understandable opinion

I rarely understand what youre talking about

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Romo is ticketed for Denver...Not saying its a great idea with that Oline, but leaving that team in the hands of those 2 QB's, are you really expecting a different result next season?

I do agree the CJ Anderson loss was bigger than first anticipated
History has shown us that a good QB doesn't guarantee you win a SB and a bad QB doesn't guarantee you don't...but damn it sure as Hell is the easier path to one...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt the air needs clearing. Team chemistry plays a HUGE part that is often over looked.

And I would add that part of that team chemistry is when players feel comfortable enough with each other to be honest. I'm just guessing on this but just knowing the players involved I'm sure some apologies were said after the blow up but that both sides understand that they all care deeply about winning another Super Bowl and that is why this is happening. Again I don't think this is our year by any means and I'm at that point I don't think we make the playoffs. I'm just glad to see the players still care so much about winning as sometimes after a Super Bowl you can see teams begin to coast a bit. I think some of the offensive coaches have done that but I don't think the players have.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, not every QB in the NFL is as replaceable as Tom Brady

Most teams don't just go 3-1 or 4-0 or 11-5 with Matt Cassell
It's a team sport. Last I checked even the great TB never won a single game by himself. Just because you lost a piece of the puzzle doesn't mean the puzzle will never get finished. You find away around the lost piece. Sometimes having to go get a piece that fits into that missing hole.
Excuses are for the weak and losers. Adapt and overcome.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
History has shown us that a good QB doesn't guarantee you win a SB and a bad QB doesn't guarantee you don't...but damn it sure as Hell is the easier path to one...
A good qb is able to cover a lot of flaws, but it always has and always will take a good team to win a Super Bowl.

Personally, I'm a big believer in swinging for the fences when it comes to finding a franchise qb. Don't settle paying a lot of money to a middle of the road qb, they're a dime a dozen. Go out and draft a guy if you think he can be great, and if he's not let him go and draft someone else. Don't get stuck paying the Brock Osweiler's of the world $72 million.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mkay. Their 2015 schedule ranked 10th looking at DVOA. It's 16th this year. If you wanted to make a schedule argument, it'd be that there are 2 in division teams better than the Broncos right now. Counting the Texans as a good team fools exactly nobody.
Of course the Raiders and Chiefs being better is a huge part of it as they play those teams twice. Last year the Broncos schedule was boosted because they played some elite level teams in New England, Cincy, Pitt, Minnesota. All those teams won 11+ games but ultimately it's just 4 games. This year the Broncos will play more games vs good to elite teams. Teams with 9/10 wins. Would you rather play 11 games vs playoff caliber teams or 7 games vs slightly better than that teams?? I don't care really what the SoS indicates because the bad teams Denver played last year were slightly better than the bad ones they've played this year. By years end ( after playing Oakland and KC again) the SoS will be about the same as last year but this year's schedule will still be far tougher

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most people here are much smarter than I....so I've been told.

couldn't be you....OBJ for MVP!

I know, he isn't a good selection because ESPN doesn't say so

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a team sport. Last I checked even the great TB never won a single game by himself. Just because you lost a piece of the puzzle doesn't mean the puzzle will never get finished. You find away around the lost piece. Sometimes having to go get a piece that fits into that missing hole.
Excuses are for the weak and losers. Adapt and overcome.

Some pieces are bigger than others, and too much to overcome

The Cavaliers not winning a title because Lebron James breaks his penis and is sidelined for the season, is not really something I would label as an "Excuse"

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Raiders and Chiefs being better is a huge part of it as they play those teams twice. Last year the Broncos schedule was boosted because they played some elite level teams in New England, Cincy, Pitt, Minnesota. All those teams won 11+ games but ultimately it's just 4 games. This year the Broncos will play more games vs good to elite teams. Teams with 9/10 wins. Would you rather play 11 games vs playoff caliber teams or 7 games vs slightly better than that teams?? I don't care really what the SoS indicates because the bad teams Denver played last year were slightly better than the bad ones they've played this year. By years end ( after playing Oakland and KC again) the SoS will be about the same as last year but this year's schedule will still be far tougher
If anything they're actually worse, imo.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, he isn't a good selection because ESPN doesn't say so

....or maybe because he doesn't lead the league in any receiving category? WRs can't throw themselves the ball either, so QBs usually get the award.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some pieces are bigger than others, and too much to overcome

The Cavaliers not winning a title because Lebron James breaks his penis and is sidelined for the season, is not really something I would label as an "Excuse"

You've obviously never played sports....with a broken penis