• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2021 Offseason

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offseason has become somewhat amazing in the degree of negative to positive turn made.

Honestly, they could possibly turn it into the greatest turnaround offseason ever (in terms of fan perception) if they found a way to extend A-rob before the season. There were rumors that possibly some of that Leno savings was with an eye towards that...but my gut is we're going after a Tackle when the post-June cuts come through.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are still signing speed. Dunno if he has much else... Signed WR Damiere Byrd to one-year contract. 4.25 40 time...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a foregone conclusion that we cut Foles this year? I would rather we run with 3 QBs if possible. Maybe stick Foles on the practice squad for a few games. I think he could be better with an improved Oline. If Dalton gets injured, I’d love to see him come in and maybe even start if fields isn’t deemed ready yet. Just a thought I had today. He would be better than anybody we sign if an injury were to happen and I don’t believe we get much for cutting him.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we roll with Fields, while we still got a good defense, Montgomery and Robinson.

LT - Jenkins
LG - Daniels
C - Whitehair
RG - Mustipher
RT- Bars

3rd rounder competes on the right side?

TE - Kmet

Robinson, Mooney, Miller

Montgomery, Herbert. Fuck Cohen.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we roll with Fields, while we still got a good defense, Montgomery and Robinson.

LT - Jenkins
LG - Daniels
C - Whitehair
RG - Mustipher
RT- Bars

3rd rounder competes on the right side?

TE - Kmet

Robinson, Mooney, Miller

Montgomery, Herbert. Fuck Cohen.

I don't buy into the "we broke him by not letting him sit on the bench" bullsh*t. Good players are good and will rise. Also the "Bears fans destroy QB's" deal is bullsh*t too. We gave Mitch the longest f*cking leash in NFL history as far as I'm concerned...No reason to think we wouldn't do the same for Fields...MULTIPLE SEASONS...Just let the f*cking guy come in and learn on the way. Pre-excuse makers are the worst.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TFW I watch all those other teams' fans get the "Quarterback that's never gonna be traded" trade rumors...

1*grVlkhauotfW5TQEN1IljA.png

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an article from Sports Mockery giving a week-by-week game breakdown and predictions for the Bears this coming season. Overall, fairly optimistic. And wow, our bye week doesn't pop up until Week 10:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our two former tackles have signed with other teams - Leno with Washington, Massie with Denver. I say to both clubs....good luck with each of those players.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our two former tackles have signed with other teams - Leno with Washington, Massie with Denver. I say to both clubs....good luck with each of those players.
Meh. Neither are stars, but neither are scrap heap necessarily either.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Neither are stars, but neither are scrap heap necessarily either.
Agreed. All I meant was if each of those teams who hired our two castoffs have them pictured as starters instead of rotational roles, well then good luck cuz they'll need it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when I said just a few short days ago that Pace is a lot safer than Bears fans expect. There ya go. Management allowed him to trade up for another stab at a franchise QB. He's here for another 4 years at least, and if he's hit on Fields, longer than that.
But...

Pace is management. In fact, he's the General Manager. He is the highest person IN management.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. All I meant was if each of those teams who hired our two castoffs have them pictured as starters instead of rotational roles, well then good luck cuz they'll need it.
Leno was damn good before he got paid. Then, he fell off of a cliff. Maybe this will be a wake up call.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But...

Pace is management. In fact, he's the General Manager. He is the highest person IN management.

lol. The dude is completely clueless.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. The dude is completely clueless.

I may have changed my mind about him after this years draft.....

Fields was a surprise that NO ONE seen coming.....
He git us an olineman we have been desperatley needing on top of it all.....

I like what he did in the draft.....

But of course,its a "we will see".

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy into the "we broke him by not letting him sit on the bench" bullsh*t. Good players are good and will rise. Also the "Bears fans destroy QB's" deal is bullsh*t too. We gave Mitch the longest f*cking leash in NFL history as far as I'm concerned...No reason to think we wouldn't do the same for Fields...MULTIPLE SEASONS...Just let the f*cking guy come in and learn on the way. Pre-excuse makers are the worst.
Pre excuse makers? I think it’s very possible to ruin a young QB. I say start Fields when he’s ready. Trubisky would’ve been terrible no matter how we played him. I think a better example of how to ruin a QB is Rex Grossman. Having said that, I think Fields could start week 1, if he’s ready. I don’t think this offense is nearly as bad as the offense that ruined Grossman’s career.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre excuse makers? I think it’s very possible to ruin a young QB. I say start Fields when he’s ready. Trubisky would’ve been terrible no matter how we played him. I think a better example of how to ruin a QB is Rex Grossman. Having said that, I think Fields could start week 1, if he’s ready. I don’t think this offense is nearly as bad as the offense that ruined Grossman’s career.

Grossman's career was ruined somewhat by injury but, frankly, he didn't have the physical traits or ability to play the way he did out there. When he started to fail and the mental confidence was shot, it was over. But it was going to be a freefall eventually for him system be damned...I just wish we could have gotten one more game out of him...as do we all.

That Super Bowl season pains me so much because we all knew in our hearts he was the achilles...but hoped beyond hope. Nobody outside of Chicago was fooled and told us over...and over...and over...but f*ck we get so very little success out of this team that we had to cling to that hope. Good Rex...Bad Rex. Ugh. We didn't deserve the Cutler media roller coaster after that TBH. I actually liked Jay, but I am tired of the QB ridicule sh*t and he just made it worse...Then Mitch...It has to stop. Justin Fields...Please young man...Be f*cking good good.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have changed my mind about him after this years draft.....

Fields was a surprise that NO ONE seen coming.....
He git us an olineman we have been desperatley needing on top of it all.....

I like what he did in the draft.....

But of course,its a "we will see".

I was actually talking about Nelly lol

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently from my post above, it doesn't look as if the Bears have much interest for now in inking Jurrell Casey. Here are 5 more names for review:

Any of these 5 seem worthy of consideration, but I feel our most pressing needs in terms of depth lie in the CB and Edge spots. Maybe one of these will end up as a Bear.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so kicks off the official 3 day minicamp. Per Bears Wire, here are the main storylines:

For me, the retooled OL ranks as the most important point of interest. Our offense will only go as far as how the line performs. We now have a future franchise QB at the helm. Nothing will help him develop as an elite performer more than a solid, dependable OL.