• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2021 Offseason

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damien Williams signed today to back up Montgomery. Also, C. Jones is back with the Bears, ILB type.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damien Williams signed today to back up Montgomery. Also, C. Jones is back with the Bears, ILB type.
I like both moves. Jones was a solid player for us. Not a guy you want to pencil in as a starter but definitely a capable backup.

Williams is more intriguing. The dude is definitely a starting caliber player. IMO, this along with the Dalton signing signals the team's intention to stick with the run they started to find success with toward the end of last season. Hopefully they've got a new tackle penciled in for the 20th pick (or at least the 2nd round) as well.

I'm just curious now what they plan on doing with Cohen. If the intention is to basically make him into a slot receiver then bravo: that's where he belongs more often than not with his good hands and short area quickness. I wouldn't ever want to see him line up behind the QB when we have two superior options on the roster in Montgomery/Williams who can both catch the ball out of the backfield while being threats to successfully run the ball between the tackles.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both moves. Jones was a solid player for us. Not a guy you want to pencil in as a starter but definitely a capable backup.

Williams is more intriguing. The dude is definitely a starting caliber player. IMO, this along with the Dalton signing signals the team's intention to stick with the run they started to find success with toward the end of last season. Hopefully they've got a new tackle penciled in for the 20th pick (or at least the 2nd round) as well.

I'm just curious now what they plan on doing with Cohen. If the intention is to basically make him into a slot receiver then bravo: that's where he belongs more often than not with his good hands and short area quickness. I wouldn't ever want to see him line up behind the QB when we have two superior options on the roster in Montgomery/Williams who can both catch the ball out of the backfield while being threats to successfully run the ball between the tackles.
I can really see the Bears drafting a Wr in the first. This will be the last year for Robinson and therefore they need a replacement. 2nd I would hope it is a tackle but the Bears also need a QB, badly. I have a bad feeling the O line will not be addressed until later in the draft.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can really see the Bears drafting a Wr in the first. This will be the last year for Robinson and therefore they need a replacement. 2nd I would hope it is a tackle but the Bears also need a QB, badly. I have a bad feeling the O line will not be addressed until later in the draft.
I wouldn't be surprised if they took a CB in round 1 either. WR makes sense, obviously tackle does. But having the same O line come back (plus Daniels) that started playing well toward the end of last season does indicate that maybe Pace will (yet again) neglect the O line position with a more premium pick.

I don't think they signed Dalton for $10 mil with Foles already on the roster to draft a QB to play over both of them. It makes no sense. If they take a QB, it'll be in round 2 at the earliest (thinking Trask there). It's more likely that they're feeling the heat to perform so they're going to push QB off another year in favor of addressing the talent around who they've already got. If the team fails then it won't matter anyway. If they're successful then that would mean Dalton did a solid job and culd be re-signed for another year or two as a bridge to a guy you may draft in 2022.

I see the logic in targeting a WR in round 1 but moreso long-term. Robinson/Mooney is a really nice tandem as long as Dalton can actually connect on a deep ball. A more reliable slot guy would be nice but I mentioned that Cohen could be an option there, but more than that, I think they'll want to roll with a lot of 2 TE sets to be threats in the run game, or add a full back more often for the run game. With how pressed up against the cap the Bears are, you'da thunk that Jimmy Graham and his $7.5 mil hit would have been obvious cut before one of the best CBs in the game (Fuller) but he's still around... and he was their best threat in the end zone last year.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They predict the Bears move up to #8 and pick a QB

Which likely means Pace sells the farm. Had they of tanked, they wouldn't of had to do that. But idiot Bear fans are too stupid to comprehend basic logic.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They predict the Bears move up to #8 and pick a QB

Jenkins going above Darrisaw, who's available at #20? Seems unrealistic. Also, I wouldn't want to trade up for Lance but I would for Fields. Lance profiles very similarly to Trubisky coming out.

However, a trade-up like that basically assures us that Pace's job is safe for another 4 years. If him and Nagy are truly on the hot seat then management won't approve trading future 1sts for another shot at QB when Pace has already missed on a top 10 pick QB. I personally think Pace's job is a lot safer than 99.9% of Bears fans would like to think it is but this year feels like a year for Nagy to prove that his offense works and he (Nagy) is willing to bet that Andy Dalton is functional enough to do that. They spent $10 mil on him and have plenty of other holes to fill in around him. It makes no sense to trade for Foles last year and sign Dalton this year just to trade away more draft capital to grab a guy to add to that mix. I know they kind-of did that with Glennon/Trubisky but Glennon wasn't nearly as proven as Dalton and the team was still thoroughly rebuilding.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're gonna take a QB at 20. Not trading up...Gut feeling call.

However, if we do trade up, everyone prepare thy anuses for dipsh*t crying about our draft position because we won a few more games for 4 more months....years....decades...centuries...

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I wouldn't want to trade up for Lance but I would for Fields. Lance profiles very similarly to Trubisky coming out.

However, a trade-up like that basically assures us that Pace's job is safe for another 4 years

If him and Nagy are truly on the hot seat then management won't approve trading future 1sts for another shot at QB

I personally think Pace's job is a lot safer than 99.9% of Bears fans would like to think it is

It makes no sense to trade for Foles last year and sign Dalton this year just to trade away more draft capital to grab a guy to add to that mix.

lols

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#20 [OT]: Slater, Darrisaw, Jenkins, or Cosmi
#52 [CB]: Campbell, Joseph, Melifonwu, Adebo are all just as good as Newsome
Don't think any QB outside (Jones, TL, Fields, Lance, Wilson) is worth a 1st or a 2nd rounder

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#20 [OT]: Slater, Darrisaw, Jenkins, or Cosmi
#52 [CB]: Campbell, Joseph, Melifonwu, Adebo are all just as good as Newsome
Don't think any QB outside (Jones, TL, Fields, Lance, Wilson) is worth a 1st or a 2nd rounder
There's no way that Slater or Darrisaw will be available at #20. If either are then Pace should sprint to the podium to draft them.

Jenkins is fine but isn't he pretty locked in as a RT?

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way that Slater or Darrisaw will be available at #20. If either are then Pace should sprint to the podium to draft them.

Jenkins is fine but isn't he pretty locked in as a RT?
You're right, I think most likely Cosmi would be there

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, I think most likely Cosmi would be there
I'm no expert but I've heard Cosmi is a great athlete but needs to almost completely re-work his technique or he could be a liability as a left tackle. If we're going to take a tackle then we'd need someone who can step right in so Leno is fully expendable.

I'm in favor of a trade down. We could use another couple picks as a way of addressing some other needs. Of course I'm of the mind that the Bears aren't even really considering a trade-up for QB and instead would take a guy like Mond or Mills in the 2nd after taking perhaps a guy like Cosmi in the late 1st, otherwise a WR like Bateman/Moore or a corner that would be available (Samuel).

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no expert but I've heard Cosmi is a great athlete but needs to almost completely re-work his technique or he could be a liability as a left tackle. If we're going to take a tackle then we'd need someone who can step right in so Leno is fully expendable.

I'm in favor of a trade down. We could use another couple picks as a way of addressing some other needs. Of course I'm of the mind that the Bears aren't even really considering a trade-up for QB and instead would take a guy like Mond or Mills in the 2nd after taking perhaps a guy like Cosmi in the late 1st, otherwise a WR like Bateman/Moore or a corner that would be available (Samuel).
Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing a trade down. There's still decent Tackles at late 1- early 2 and I do like Asante Samuel alot

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears trade with Giants....

We are getting Fields....atleast I hope.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Good stuff. Keep trying to get it right under center until we do.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which likely means Pace sells the farm. Had they of tanked, they wouldn't of had to do that. But idiot Bear fans are too stupid to comprehend basic logic.
Yeah, let's make sure we tank so that we get the #1 pick in next year's draft. Then do it again the following year and the year after that. Who knows, if we do it enough times, maybe we'll turn into the next great Detroit Lions franchise.

LOL, fucking idiot.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when I said just a few short days ago that Pace is a lot safer than Bears fans expect. There ya go. Management allowed him to trade up for another stab at a franchise QB. He's here for another 4 years at least, and if he's hit on Fields, longer than that.

That said, I'm excited. Didn't think it'd happen but it did. Other than Lawrence, Fields is the guy I wanted. It felt like he was getting nitpicked like crazy a la DeShaun Watson when he came out.

Considering the way we ran the offense last year and now we've added Damien Williams to the mix, we'd be retarded not to run much of that same offense and let Fields' running ability make that even more dangerous while letting him throw a lot of play action passes.

Lastly: fuck cornerback. Grab a tackle in the 2nd and wideout in the 3rd.