• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2021 Offseason

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questions about his work ethic:

“One, I have heard that he is a last-guy-in, first-guy-out type of quarterback,” Orlovsky said. “Like, not the maniacal work ethic. I’ve even heard it compared to Justin Herbert, where it was like, dude, when Justin Herbert showed up, he was like a psychopath when it came to working and get ready for the draft. Or even at school, like, ‘Give me more, I want to work nonstop.’ And I’ve heard that there are issues with Justin Fields’ work ethic.

“The second thing is … Where is his desire to go be a great quarterback? I think that there’s a desire to be a big-time athlete, from what is expressed to me, but where is his desire to be a great quarterback? And to be great, you gotta be willing to find the things that you are not good at and just freaking grind on them.”

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d rather see an old QB get flattened by opposing pass rushes than ruining a rookie before he’s even ready.

The Bears Oline played better last season when a mobile QB was on the field. Now put a QB out there with elite level athleticism. No brainer.

Oh and he has a strong arm and throws with accuracy.

No...you’re right. Let’s play the retarded redhead. Genius.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m excited.... Someone remind me, but we gave up more to move up a single pick for Trubisky than we did here, correct?
Okay, my bad... No next year #1 involved in Trubisky trade, but I guess that’s how bad I felt we got fleeced in that deal, regardless...

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones vs Justin Fields. Honestly between the two I take Jones. I like smart QBs that can read defenses and throw in the pocket.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you make a mess of your roster these are the kind of trades you have to make to try to save your job. Simple as that.

The only thing bothering me right now is that we lost Kyle Fuller because we have Dalton 10 million.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones vs Justin Fields. Honestly between the two I take Jones. I like smart QBs that can read defenses and throw in the pocket.

I think the difference between the two is floor and ceiling.

Jones is probably at or near his ceiling already.

Fields ceiling is way above Jones. But he’s probably gonna start his NFL career a lot closer to the floor due to his struggles against the blitz and pressure.

I honestly don’t know if I have any faith in this coaching staff to push Fields to his ceiling.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears Oline played better last season when a mobile QB was on the field. Now put a QB out there with elite level athleticism. No brainer.

Oh and he has a strong arm and throws with accuracy.

No...you’re right. Let’s play the retarded redhead. Genius.
Ok. This is why I don’t post on here much anymore. It’s just a bunch of children who insult anyone who disagrees with them about something as silly as football. You’re opinion doesn’t mean shit. Grow up. You’re not worth any more of my time.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. This is why I don’t post on here much anymore. It’s just a bunch of children who insult anyone who disagrees with them about something as silly as football. You’re opinion doesn’t mean shit. Grow up.

Sorry you’re wrong. Don’t be wrong. Then I won’t have to point it out.

There is literally zero advantage to starting Dalton.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry you’re wrong. Don’t be wrong. Then I won’t have to point it out.

There is literally zero advantage to starting Dalton.
Agree. Dalton went, “Aww well fuck! I’m a backup again!”, when he heard the pick... I hope we don’t jack around with this and just put Fields in from game 1...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers wants out of Green Bay. If I’m the bears, I offer everything for him. If we can get him and keep Fields, we may have solved the QB position for the next decade. I doubt GB would be willing to send him to us, especially since we can’t send next years draft pick to them and we are rivals in the same division.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Dalton went, “Aww well fuck! I’m a backup again!”, when he heard the pick... I hope we don’t jack around with this and just put Fields in from game 1...
Either Pace is one of the biggest dicks on the planet, or he signs QBs that will lie to the public in favor of the team. I knew Glennon was a smoke screen and I felt like Dalton was as well. I’m guessing he informed them that the starting job would be theirs, but the team would also draft a QB that would be the long term solution. It’s why they both essentially got 1 year deals. Glennons technically wasn’t a 1 year deal, but the team could’ve and did opt out after 1 year I believe.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Rodgers wants out of Green Bay. If I’m the bears, I offer everything for him. If we can get him and keep Fields, we may have solved the QB position for the next decade. I doubt GB would be willing to send him to us, especially since we can’t send next years draft pick to them and we are rivals in the same division.

He also still has 2 more years on his contract i believe? Not a snowball chance in hell Rogers is traded to us. I doubt the Packers trade him at all. The Niners inquired recently and the Rams also before. Packers were very clear, they weren't trading Rodgers.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“One, I have heard that he is a last-guy-in, first-guy-out type of quarterback,” Orlovsky said. “Like, not the maniacal work ethic. I’ve even heard it compared to Justin Herbert, where it was like, dude, when Justin Herbert showed up, he was like a psychopath when it came to working and get ready for the draft. Or even at school, like, ‘Give me more, I want to work nonstop.’ And I’ve heard that there are issues with Justin Fields’ work ethic.

“The second thing is … Where is his desire to go be a great quarterback? I think that there’s a desire to be a big-time athlete, from what is expressed to me, but where is his desire to be a great quarterback? And to be great, you gotta be willing to find the things that you are not good at and just freaking grind on them.”
Sounds like Orlovsky took those comments back saying they were based on second hand information. Whether it’s true or not, I’m not sure. It could be Dan fears for his job being lost due to intersectional cancel culture, or it could be he got bad information, which he mentioned might be the case while giving his original comments you quoted, I’m not sure. He did say he got that vibe from two different teams. There has to be a reason he slipped from the clear cut 2nd overall pick in the draft to 11. I doubt we will hear from the teams that downgraded him and why though. It’s something that we will have to wait and see on the field.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess we had to do it, we had to do.
1st, 5th, 1st (2022) and 4th (2022)

Gonna suck not having a 1st next year.

Ill be ecstatic if Fields becomes that qb we have desperatlet needing for over half a century....

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess we had to do it, we had to do.
1st, 5th, 1st (2022) and 4th (2022)

Gonna suck not having a 1st next year.

Look at the bright side...If Fields pans out, the 1st won't matter...And if he busts, without picks and with a second QB bust pick in a row, you'll get plenty of unintentional tanking for your 2023 and beyond drafts.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the bright side...If Fields pans out, the 1st won't matter...And if he busts, without picks and with a second QB bust pick in a row, you'll get plenty of unintentional tanking for your 2023 and beyond drafts.
That's pretty much it. Whatever happens it almost doesn't matter. If he pans out and becomes Deshaun Watson sans the sexual harassment then you'd be willing to have given up more for him (look at what we were rumored to have offered for Wilson). If not, the team fails spectacularly and jumps back into the top 10/5 to try it again.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little doubt that Rodgers is using the trade demand as leverage for a salary extension. The problem with doing this openly in the media is it could force both sides to dig in their heels - the old law of unintended consequences as it were.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perhaps get better sources?

A few "professional analysts" last night said on air, that Justin Fields was there #2 ranked QB in this draft. >shrugs<

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the New England system, you know, the one with the immobile old guy for years, perhaps your correct. In the Nagy system? No.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope Pace drafts OT in the next two rounds. We got a QB that could be here and succeed for a decade, now we need to protect him. Get a pair of OTs with the next two picks and hopefully they can pan out.

I’ve been seeing a lot of people say we need WRs and CBS. I disagree. We’re solid at CB with Johnson and Trufant. We’re solid at WR with AR and Mooney. We suck at both OT spots and hopefully we can replace them in this draft.