• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The AL West slog rolls on and the late nights begin: TEX @ SEA 4/19-21

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giving up homeruns is absolutely killing us.

The Rangers have given up 21 in 10 games. They are averaging a HR given up every 4.2 innings. The next closest team averages 6.2 innings. The Rangers gave up as many HR last night (3) as SF has given up all season (and they have played one more game than we have).
Was reading that pitching statistically has carved more heart of the zone strikes than any other team

Count at 0-2 and pitching one up and at middle of the zone is not good. They launched one off Patton last night and another 0-2 HR was given up too

Just bad pitching in need of recycling

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re pitcher acquisition last year. Obviously we did not get what we need to be competitive pitching wise but perhaps they reached a point where they did not want to spend more although the Kershaw rumors could point otherwise
Makes me think though they were willing to go multi year offer for Kershaw. Is not Marteen on a one year?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re pitcher acquisition last year. Obviously we did not get what we need to be competitive pitching wise but perhaps they reached a point where they did not want to spend more although the Kershaw rumors could point otherwise
Makes me think though they were willing to go multi year offer for Kershaw. Is not Marteen on a one year?
Marteen is on last leg.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understand not spending big for pitchers with all the talent we have coming up. But we need something more than we have if we are to win 70 or so games.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In signing Gray, they wanted to find another pitcher that they could envision an improvement from like they got from Minor, Lynn and Gibson. They thought Gray would be that guy. They might be right. I was doubtful myself, but what do I know.

Gray seemed pretty dialed in after the 1st. I was surprised Woody didn't send him back out for the 6th.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin Perez is on a 1-year deal

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my theory is we did not seriously go after a 3rd pitcher other than maybe Kershaw.

I never thought we could contend with this pitching staff.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin Perez is on a 1-year deal
So losing him may put us on the radar for another FA pitcher next year. As mentioned we do not sign relievers much but we shall see

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So losing him may put us on the radar for another FA pitcher next year. As mentioned we do not sign relievers much but we shall see
personally i could see us moving Cole Winn and Owen Hite up to the rotation next season and going with Gray, Hearn, Dunning, Winn and White as our starters and maybe bring in 2, 3 or 4 relievers

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally i could see us moving Cole Winn and Owen Hite up to the rotation next season and going with Gray, Hearn, Dunning, Winn and White as our starters and maybe bring in 2, 3 or 4 relievers
You guys are more optimistic than me re Hearn and Dunning. Guess I need to be patient. I do like the swing and misses but not seeing the bulldog in both.
Maybe we have both as starters maybe only one. We have a whole season to see how they progress. Others may be on a shorter leash

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my theory is we did not seriously go after a 3rd pitcher other than maybe Kershaw.

there really wasn't a need to go after a SP this offseason, partially because it was never the plan to contend this season.

let's see what they do by the trade deadline this year and next offseason.

this past offseason was only one of several parts to the rebuild. they do need to add another proven SP, but thankfully they have some time to accomplish that.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are more optimistic than me re Hearn and Dunning. Guess I need to be patient. I do like the swing and misses but not seeing the bulldog in both.
Maybe we have both as starters maybe only one. We have a whole season to see how they progress. Others may be on a shorter leash
well by the time this season has ended i will probably be ready to move on from them but i'm ready to ride with them right now

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree and I have nothing wrong with not going after a third pitcher. I don't think they made wise decisions on the two they went after. I will wait and let Gray prove me wrong, but Perez proved he was the wrong choice before we signed him.

I didn't expect us to contend for a postseason birth, but I didn't expect us to contend for a top 5 draft pick either.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both are good starters for where the team is now. I certainly hope we develop 3 or 4 guys better than them in the next 15 months. Then they can move to the pen.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we bring in a top notch pitcher from outside the organization wothin the next year, I hope it is through free agency.