• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuckin wahoos. Better cover the spread.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina scored 80 on ODU. Could've broken the century mark. They played a ten minute fourth quarter, didn't throw a pass in the fourth quarter and only like 3 in the third quarter and 2 were screens. Took an intentional delay of game on third down and goal from the two and then kneeled on fourth down.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina scored 80 on ODU. Could've broken the century mark. They played a ten minute fourth quarter, didn't throw a pass in the fourth quarter and only like 3 in the third quarter and 2 were screens. Took an intentional delay of game on third down and goal from the two and then kneeled on fourth down.

shouldve saved some points for duke....they are going to need them.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The path to the ACCCG for the coastal became a little clearer today.

Duke goes if they win.
VT goes if they win and Duke loses.
Miami goes if they win, VT loses and Duke loses.
GT goes if they win, Miami loses, VT loses and Duke loses.

Even if UNC beats Duke and enters the 5 way tie, there is no scenario for them to win the division.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duke goes if they win.
GT goes if they win, Miami loses, VT loses and Duke loses.

Even if UNC beats Duke and enters the 5 way tie, there is no scenario for them to win the division.

Go VPI!!

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duke goes if they win.
GT goes if Miami loses, VT loses and Duke loses.

Need to correct this. GT doesn't have to win as they are playing OOC.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad we decided to stop pounding ODU. I do not appreciate it when any team runs the score up at will. Just score enough to win the stinking game and knee it out. Have some respect for your opponent.

Good call, Fedora.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad we decided to stop pounding ODU. I do not appreciate it when any team runs the score up at will. Just score enough to win the stinking game and knee it out. Have some respect for your opponent.

Good call, Fedora.

I think it should be left to the other coach, if the opposing coach came to me and said hey, you're up by 60. lets just get this thing over with, then yeah that works...but if I were a coach, even if getting killed, I would be more insulted if my opponent had a 1st and goal and turned it over on downs to avoid running up the score

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we don't go, I hope it's duke...fuck Miami and GT

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good call, Fedora.

Yep, but I wonder how ODU felt about us completely giving up. That's kind of like a slap in the face too. I felt bad for them but at the same time they earned it going for it on fourth downs, trying to be gimmicky, not trying to help run the clock out and bringing their starting quarterback in in the fourth quarter down sixty. I'm just glad the game was shortened or we would have probably had another possession to take knees.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it should be left to the other coach, if the opposing coach came to me and said hey, you're up by 60. lets just get this thing over with, then yeah that works...but if I were a coach, even if getting killed, I would be more insulted if my opponent had a 1st and goal and turned it over on downs to avoid running up the score

ODUs coach made the decision to shorten the game. But, I agree with what you're saying.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ODUs coach made the decision to shorten the game. But, I agree with what you're saying.

yeah I know he did, that's why i'm okay with it. Wilder was smart to do so, no need to increase risk of injury and all in that shellacking. I'm just thinking if i'm on the losing side of that, like in this situation, unless I raise the white flag, you give me everything you've got, it's our job to stop you. A coach on the winning side shouldn't take it upon himself to say "they've had enough"

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I know he did, that's why i'm okay with it. Wilder was smart to do so, no need to increase risk of injury and all in that shellacking. I'm just thinking if i'm on the losing side of that, like in this situation, unless I raise the white flag, you give me everything you've got, it's our job to stop you. A coach on the winning side shouldn't take it upon himself to say "they've had enough"

I think his decision to kneel was more about public perception than about pleasing the other teams coach. It would have been really hard for him to defend scoring 88 points. I think the way ODU was playing he didn't really care how it made them feel.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many giving SU a chance against BC this Saturday. SU needs this one to become bowl eligible.

The boys is banged up pretty good....but they are taking it to BC. BC be DAMNED!!!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many giving SU a chance against BC this Saturday. SU needs this one to become bowl eligible.

The boys is banged up pretty good....but they are taking it to BC. BC be DAMNED!!!

Then in that case (I'm saying this in the nicest way possible)...Go Boston College.

Unless the ACC has a way to get 12 teams into bowl games, then I won't care who wins. :lol: