• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Two-Team Tie

Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams. Records of the tied teams within the division. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall record (divisional). Conference record and proceeding though the division. Multiple ties within the division broken from first to last. Overall record versus all common non-divisional opponents. Combined record versus all non-divisional teams. Record versus common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish (divisional and non-divisional) and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division. The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the end of regular season games shall be the divisional representative in the ACC Championship Game. The representative shall be chosen by a draw.

B. Three (or More) Team Tie (Once tie has been reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaker format is used)

Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams. Records of the tied teams within the division. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall (divisional or conference) record, and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken first to last. Overall record for non-divisional teams. Combined record versus all common non-divisional teams. Record versus common non-divisional with the best overall Conference (divisional and non-divisional record) and proceeding through the other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within the division. The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the conclusion of regular season games shall be the divisional representative in the ACC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the ACC Championship Game. The representative shall be chosen by a draw.

The bold immediately elimates UNC & Pitt should they end up with a 5-3 record and tied with GT.

You realize UNC was in a three way tie with GT and Miami last year and would've been in the ACCCG ahead of Georgia Tech even though they lost to Georgia Tech?

I haven't done any math but it seems like Pitt would have a legitimate chance in a three or four way tie if they beat Miami. I don't think it's worth thinking too hard about now since we'll pretty much know in two weeks who will be playing in the ACCCG.

Last edited by a moderator:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who that is left on the Canes schedule has even the remotest chance of beating them?

The way they have played the last 4 weeks and without Duke. I could see VT or Duke pushing that envelope. Not likely, but still possible.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way they have played the last 4 weeks and without Duke. I could see VT or Duke pushing that envelope. Not likely, but still possible.

Maybe VT. I don't think Duke matches up with them very well. Anything is possible I guess.

Now that FSU as beaten everybody else in the ACC, YOU GUYS HAVE TO WIN THEM ALL AND GET TO THAT NCG! Nothing else really matters more than that now.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe VT. I don't think Duke matches up with them very well. Anything is possible I guess.

Now that FSU as beaten everybody else in the ACC, YOU GUYS HAVE TO WIN THEM ALL AND GET TO THAT NCG! Nothing else really matters more than that now.

All we can do is win them all. Anything beyond that is not in their control.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All we can do is win them all. Anything beyond that is not in their control.

Yes. Unfortunate but true. There is no "ACC bias" amongst pollsters, that's for sure.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Stanford just made FSU's crystal ball pursuit a little easier.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that it is possible that the ACC does not get a second BCS bid if FSU plays in the NC game the Orange could end up with 2 at large bids. If anyone else wins the division that would probably mean Miami suffered a second loss and falls out or Miami loses to FSU anyway. Clemson still has a couple tough games that could knock them out too.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed that it is possible that the ACC does not get a second BCS bid if FSU plays in the NC game the Orange could end up with 2 at large bids. If anyone else wins the division that would probably mean Miami suffered a second loss and falls out or Miami loses to FSU anyway. Clemson still has a couple tough games that could knock them out too.

Clemsons defense is just getting worse and worse each game. All the pressure is on Boyd in my opinion. That solid secondary at the beginning of the season is now terrible. I could definitely see Clemson laying another egg.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd rather go to the sugar. But I don't see why the Orange would take 2 at larges over Clemson. That'd be crazy. They aren't going to get anyone else geographically closer than we are with a fan base that travels as well as we do. Not to mention if we win out, we'll be in the 5th-7th range in the polls (BCS).

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would a one loss FSU team get an at large bid if that loss is in the ACCCG? I imagine so. I see that happening. ACC Champ Hokies to the Orange. At large FSU to the Sugar to play an at large SEC team (could be Mizzou, USC, aTm).

Maimi self imposes another bowl ban just because they know the next scandal can't be more than a year away.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would a one loss FSU team get an at large bid if that loss is in the ACCCG? I imagine so. I see that happening. ACC Champ Hokies to the Orange. At large FSU to the Sugar to play an at large SEC team (could be Mizzou, USC, aTm).

Maimi self imposes another bowl ban just because they know the next scandal can't be more than a year away.

We have a funny man here. Not with that offense.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather go to the sugar. But I don't see why the Orange would take 2 at larges over Clemson. That'd be crazy. They aren't going to get anyone else geographically closer than we are with a fan base that travels as well as we do. Not to mention if we win out, we'll be in the 5th-7th range in the polls (BCS).

You missed my point of IF Clemson were to lose another game. Neither Georgia Tech nor South Carolina are easy wins

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reply to several posts above:

1. If one ACC team (FSU) goes to the NCG, then the Orange Bowl is GUARANTEED to get another ACC team to take its place if one qualifies. (ND cannot take that slot.)

2. If one and only one ACC team qualifies and it goes to the NCG then the ACC does lose the Orange Bowl slot THIS year. Next year and beyond for the next 12 years the ACC gets an Orange Bowl bid regardless of who else goes where and it doesn't matter what record they have unless they don't qualify for a bowl game. Once again, ND cannot fill the bill for this.

3. Starting next year and for the next 6 years the Orange Bowl MUST choose it's at large slot accordingly:
1. The SEC is guaranteed 2 of those slots.
2. The B1G is guaranteed 2 of those slots.
3. If no other team qualifies that is available then ND is guaranteed that slot as long as they are bowl eligible.
4. ND cannot ever take the ACC Orange Bowl slot. It can only get in as an at large.

However, ND can and will get one of the non-major ACC bowl slots if they qualify and are bowl eligible. IF ND has more than one loss than an eligible ACC team then they cannot take that ACC team's slot.

ND can be chosen according to the above for any of the following ACC slots in ACC bowl games beginning in this bowl season:

Peach
Russell Athletic
Sun
Belk
Music City
Independence
Military
Kraft Fight Hunger (Emerald)
Detroit 2014+
Pinstripe 2014+

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT kicked Miami all over the field. That's great for VT but lousy for the conference as a whole. :L

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to win 2 out of the next 3 to be bowl eligible. Can we do it? What do you guys think?

@Pitt
ODU
Duke

I think maybe not.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to win 2 out of the next 3 to be bowl eligible. Can we do it? What do you guys think?

@Pitt
ODU
Duke

I think maybe not.

It's going to be tough. Pitt is Jeckyl and Hyde this year and also fighting for bowl eligibility. ODU will be a win. It may come down to a battle with Duke who is really impressive this year. It's going to be a battle.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the Coastal CHAOS begin. Going to get interesting for that side of the conference.

Read an article this morning that after the Wake game the players came into the locker room and the Atlantic Division trophy was waiting for them. Mario Edwards was quoted as saying "It was an after thought that they clinched the Atlantic".

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be tough. Pitt is Jeckyl and Hyde this year and also fighting for bowl eligibility. ODU will be a win. It may come down to a battle with Duke who is really impressive this year. It's going to be a battle.

Lol @ pimping duke. Am I supposed to pimp a shiity vt team now?

The coastal is a steaming pile. 4-5 unc still in the hunt to win it. The 2 teams that seemed a little bit legit both suck. The canes gave up 42 to a team 0 offense, and vt lost to bc and duke in consecutive weeks. Good teams dont do either. Coastal again is a race of who can back in the best. Ill be pulling for duke after we play thrm. How big would that be for them? Itd be pretty cool. And, outside of the duke story, who really gives a fuck about the coastal "race"?