• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article on why FSU should be #1 in the BCS right now.

Florida State: Best team in the country? - ACC Blog - ESPN

FSU is a very impressive football team, no doubt. They thrashed Clemson, who just happens to be one of the best teams in the country.

But #1? Ahead of both Oregon and Alabama? Well, I guess that's why they all play a 12-13 game schedule. I am just hoping that either Oregon or Alabama loses a game so that we can find out for sure. And FSU going undefeated is going to be no easy task, either.

What I think will really suck is if all three teams go undefeated. Then someone gets left out and that royally sucks. All three are excellent football teams, it would be a shame to see one of them get left out.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU is 4th in total offense, 8th in total defense. Bama is 35th in total offense, 5th in total defense.

FSU is better, I think. So is Oregon at 2nd in total offense, 31st in total defense.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU is 4th in total offense, 8th in total defense. Bama is 35th in total offense, 5th in total defense.

FSU is better, I think. So is Oregon at 2nd in total offense, 31st in total defense.

but...but...bama has to play all those nasty sec defenses :dhd:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just announced:

This years Virginia Virginia Tech game will be aired on the Cartoon Network

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just announced:

This years Virginia Virginia Tech game will be aired on the Cartoon Network

So will the Georgia Georgia Tech game. It don't matter either.

The North Carolina Duke game will only be available on VCR video tape to those 4 or 5 people interested in seeing it.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AndreaAdelson still has SU out of the bowl picture. What I like is both Maryland andPitt are still considered in and both remain on SU's schedule. SU can andshould beat both IMO.

"
Wake Forest is out this weekafter a disappointing shutout loss to Syracuse coupled with the loss of itsbest player, receiver Mike Campanaro. Bubblewatch now begins for Pitt, which has lost two straight. And keep an eye onsuddenly surging North Carolina. The game between the Panthers and Tar Heels inPittsburgh on Nov. 16 could determine bowl eligibility for both.

We still have Florida State going to the national championship game, but thiswill remain a developing story as long as Alabama and Oregon keep winning."

VIZIOBCS National Championship Game, Jan. 6: Florida State
Discover Orange Bowl, Jan. 3: Clemson
Chick-fil-A Bowl, Dec. 31: Miami
Russell Athletic Bowl, Dec. 28: Georgia Tech
Hyundai Sun Bowl, Dec. 31: Virginia Tech
Belk Bowl, Dec. 28: Duke
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl, Dec. 30: Boston College
AdvoCare V100 Bowl, Dec. 31: Pitt
Military Bowl Presented By Northrop Grumman, Dec. 27: Maryland

xpuctaqpGT

Modern Major General
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So will the Georgia Georgia Tech game. It don't matter either.

QUOTE]

It can only matter in the most tangental of ways.

Assuming FSU wins out, FSU benefits from

GT beating UGA
Clemson beating South Carolina

Clemson is more obvious, since FSU beat Clemson....whoever Clemson beats makes FSU look better.

For the GT/UGA game, if UGA loses it slightly lowers the strength of schedule for anyone else who beat them.

If FSU beats UF, Clemson beats SC, and GT beats UGA, it makes the SEC East look very very weak.

If!

But yeah, outside of the GT and UGA fanbases, I don't think too many people will care.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AndreaAdelson still has SU out of the bowl picture. What I like is both Maryland andPitt are still considered in and both remain on SU's schedule. SU can andshould beat both IMO.

"
Wake Forest is out this weekafter a disappointing shutout loss to Syracuse coupled with the loss of itsbest player, receiver Mike Campanaro. Bubblewatch now begins for Pitt, which has lost two straight. And keep an eye onsuddenly surging North Carolina. The game between the Panthers and Tar Heels inPittsburgh on Nov. 16 could determine bowl eligibility for both.

We still have Florida State going to the national championship game, but thiswill remain a developing story as long as Alabama and Oregon keep winning."

VIZIOBCS National Championship Game, Jan. 6: Florida State
Discover Orange Bowl, Jan. 3: Clemson
Chick-fil-A Bowl, Dec. 31: Miami
Russell Athletic Bowl, Dec. 28: Georgia Tech
Hyundai Sun Bowl, Dec. 31: Virginia Tech
Belk Bowl, Dec. 28: Duke
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl, Dec. 30: Boston College
AdvoCare V100 Bowl, Dec. 31: Pitt
Military Bowl Presented By Northrop Grumman, Dec. 27: Maryland

So I am not up to speed on the latest changes to the ACC bowl selection process, but I remember reading something about non-BCS bowls not taking the same team in back-to-back years. Does this mean the Athletic Bowl has to take GT over VT even if it prefers VT? Also, Duke played in the Belk bowl last year.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am not up to speed on the latest changes to the ACC bowl selection process, but I remember reading something about non-BCS bowls not taking the same team in back-to-back years. Does this mean the Athletic Bowl has to take GT over VT even if it prefers VT? Also, Duke played in the Belk bowl last year.

:noidea: I'm a newb to the ACC. I have no clue. :what:

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they would have the option to take a different team, but could still take the same team if they wished. This would just keep a bowl from being "stuck" with a team that won't draw a lot of fan support two years in a row. However, they could keep a team that does bring in a lot of fans.