• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So will the Georgia Georgia Tech game. It don't matter either.

QUOTE]

It can only matter in the most tangental of ways.

Assuming FSU wins out, FSU benefits from

GT beating UGA
Clemson beating South Carolina

Clemson is more obvious, since FSU beat Clemson....whoever Clemson beats makes FSU look better.

For the GT/UGA game, if UGA loses it slightly lowers the strength of schedule for anyone else who beat them.

If FSU beats UF, Clemson beats SC, and GT beats UGA, it makes the SEC East look very very weak.

If!

But yeah, outside of the GT and UGA fanbases, I don't think too many people will care.

I was just messing with you, dude. Of course it matters. EVERYTHING matters!

If GT loses they will most likely drop a bowl slot in the pecking order. Same with UGA. It is the last game of the year.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: I'm a newb to the ACC. I have no clue. :what:

No, the RA Bowl does not HAVE to select a different team unless they opt to do so.

ACC Bowl pecking order:

1. (NCG, if chosen, :hope:)
1. Orange - The ACC is GUARANTEED this bowl slot even if FSU makes the NCG.

1a.(Another BCS bowl selection possible if and only if no team is chosen for the NCG.)

2. Peach
3. RA
4. Sun
5. Belk
6. Music City
7. Independence
8. Military
9. Kraft Fight Hunger (unless Army somehow becomes bowl eligible)

Notre Dame may be (and will be) chosen in lieu of an ACC team for any bowl except the Orange Bowl slot. They must finish within 1 loss of an ACC team to be chosen over them.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the RA Bowl does not HAVE to select a different team unless they opt to do so.

ACC Bowl pecking order:

1. (NCG, if chosen, :hope:)
1. Orange - The ACC is GUARANTEED this bowl slot even if FSU makes the NCG.

1a.(Another BCS bowl selection possible if and only if no team is chosen for the NCG.)

2. Peach
3. RA
4. Sun
5. Belk
6. Music City
7. Independence
8. Military
9. Kraft Fight Hunger (unless Army somehow becomes bowl eligible)

Notre Dame may be (and will be) chosen in lieu of an ACC team for any bowl except the Orange Bowl slot. They must finish within 1 loss of an ACC team to be chosen over them.

So, if 9 ACC teams and Notre Dame are bowl eligible than does that mean an ACC bowl eligible team will be left out of a bowl?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if 9 ACC teams and Notre Dame are bowl eligible than does that mean an ACC bowl eligible team will be left out of a bowl?

Yes, it does. ND is in this with us now for the long haul. Better get used to it. They are ACC just not in name only.

AT least they can't win the ACC title and they can't take our guaranteed Orange Bowl slot. Though we could end up playing them in the Orange or the NCG. It's a win-win for ND and the ACC; we get the bread from the other sports and the 2-3 home games every year from playing them. Their fans travel better than anybody else in the country and they will fill up all of our stadiums. Trust me, we'll make plenty of money off them.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it does. ND is in this with us now for the long haul. Better get used to it. They are ACC just not in name only.

AT least they can't win the ACC title and they can't take our guaranteed Orange Bowl slot. Though we could end up playing them in the Orange or the NCG. It's a win-win for ND and the ACC; we get the bread from the other sports and the 2-3 home games every year from playing them. Their fans travel better than anybody else in the country and they will fill up all of our stadiums. Trust me, we'll make plenty of money off them.

Nah, theres always conferences that dont fill their slots in shittier bowls.. A 10th acc team likely gets picked up.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who is going to be the Coastal rep for the ACCCG?

Miami 3-1, has VT, @ Duke, UVa, @ Pitt left. Tie-breaker over GT.
Duke 2-2, has NCState, Miami, @ Wake, @ UNC left.
GT 5-2, has @ Clemson left. Tie-breaker over Duke.
VT 3-2, has @ Miami, Maryland, @ UVa left. Tie-breaker over GT.

Miami has some tough games remaining, especially without Duke Johnson running the ball. Hopefully the FSU loss wasn't too demoralizing for them. Could go anywhere from 4-0 to 2-2 to finish out.

Duke should go 3-1 down the stretch, and maybe 4-0 as they have the potential to beat Miami.

I don't see GT beating Clemson.

If Logan Thomas doesn't learn how to not turn the ball over, I see VT going 1-2 or even 0-3.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miami has some tough games remaining, especially without Duke Johnson running the ball. Hopefully the FSU loss wasn't too demoralizing for them. Could go anywhere from 4-0 to 2-2 to finish out.

Duke should go 3-1 down the stretch, and maybe 4-0 as they have the potential to beat Miami.

If Logan Thomas doesn't learn how to not turn the ball over, I see VT going 1-2 or even 0-3.

Dammit Jeffro. So close to a solid post, and then you have to go eff it up by saying something that stupid.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It could be anyone, except UVA. I'm not taking any guesses. What if VT beats Miami and then losses to Maryland? Duke could still win out. There are a lot of things that could happen.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be anyone, except UVA. I'm not taking any guesses. What if VT beats Miami and then losses to Maryland? Duke could still win out. There are a lot of things that could happen.

UNC is eliminated already as well. They are 2-3, with a loss to GT, so even if GT loses to Clemson, that would give them 3 losses with the tie-breaker over UNC.

The above also applies to Pittsburgh.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit Jeffro. So close to a solid post, and then you have to go eff it up by saying something that stupid.

lol

But be honest though. In what has been a fucked up season for both UVa & VT, would it really shock you to see VT lose out to close the season considering how bad they have played the last 2 weeks. Ignore the fact that VT has beaten UVa the last 9 times.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC is eliminated already as well. They are 2-3, with a loss to GT, so even if GT loses to Clemson, that would give them 3 losses with the tie-breaker over UNC.

I haven't thought it through but I can't imagine that being the reason UNC would out of contention. If GT loses to Clemson and UNC wins out there are still a lot of other teams that have a chance to finish with three loses. Obviously UNC can't win outright but what if there's a four way tie? Or is that not possible either?

I don't see how a loss to GT has already eliminated Pitt either. What if Miami loses to Duke and Pitt? Then Miami, Duke, Pitt, and GT have three loses.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:shocked:

What a possible cluster.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

But be honest though. In what has been a fucked up season for both UVa & VT, would it really shock you to see VT lose out to close the season considering how bad they have played the last 2 weeks. Ignore the fact that VT has beaten UVa the last 9 times.

the thing is though, we haven't played all that terrible the past two weeks, compared to the rest of the season...still not finishing drives, the only difference is the turnovers. Any team that outgains its opponent by 150-200 yards should win every time, if they don't turn the ball over, and if they can score in the redzone...

scoring in the red zone has been an issue all year, but it was still okay cause we weren't turning it over in ACC play.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

This year has been a forgettable one for the Commonwealth. Watching us play these last two weeks, I would not be shocked if we lost to UVA. Pissed beyond belief, but not shocked.

I think the injuries to your secondary will be costly. I know our offense has been horrible, but your defense is what would have to beat us. I think you will have trouble moving the ball.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WELL, DUH!!!!!!!

Yeah, we're out of it fer sure. We'll be lucky to beat Duke and that is as close to a bowl game as we are going to get this year.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year has been a forgettable one for the Commonwealth. Watching us play these last two weeks, I would not be shocked if we lost to UVA. Pissed beyond belief, but not shocked.

I think the injuries to your secondary will be costly. I know our offense has been horrible, but your defense is what would have to beat us. I think you will have trouble moving the ball.

I agree. Our secondary is in shambles. Logan Thomas is going to look like that Heisman candidate many proclaimed him to be against UVa. Stephen Morris might pass for 500 yards against us.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't thought it through but I can't imagine that being the reason UNC would out of contention. If GT loses to Clemson and UNC wins out there are still a lot of other teams that have a chance to finish with three loses. Obviously UNC can't win outright but what if there's a four way tie? Or is that not possible either?

I don't see how a loss to GT has already eliminated Pitt either. What if Miami loses to Duke and Pitt? Then Miami, Duke, Pitt, and GT have three loses.

A. Two-Team Tie

Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams. Records of the tied teams within the division. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall record (divisional). Conference record and proceeding though the division. Multiple ties within the division broken from first to last. Overall record versus all common non-divisional opponents. Combined record versus all non-divisional teams. Record versus common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish (divisional and non-divisional) and proceeding through other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within their division. The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the end of regular season games shall be the divisional representative in the ACC Championship Game. The representative shall be chosen by a draw.

B. Three (or More) Team Tie (Once tie has been reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaker format is used)

Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams. Records of the tied teams within the division. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall (divisional or conference) record, and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken first to last. Overall record for non-divisional teams. Combined record versus all common non-divisional teams. Record versus common non-divisional with the best overall Conference (divisional and non-divisional record) and proceeding through the other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within the division. The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the conclusion of regular season games shall be the divisional representative in the ACC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the ACC Championship Game. The representative shall be chosen by a draw.

The bold immediately elimates UNC & Pitt should they end up with a 5-3 record and tied with GT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Al Goldens team will not be demoralized. Trust that. The canes will come out ready. Its a great thing the VT game is this week.