• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some folks are mighty cocky after having given up 9 TDs to GT last year.

9!!

So, good to see we've brought another ACC team fan out of the woodwork. Good deal.

Avatar bet says you don't score 6 TDs against us this year. You on? Didn't think so. Where's all your faith in PJ?

Last edited by a moderator:

MastaCow53

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, good to see we've brought another ACC team fan out of the woodwork. Good deal.

Avatar bet says you don't score 6 TDs against us this year. You on? Didn't think so. Where's all your faith in PJ?

But you have so much confidence in Larry Fedora, you are willing to bet UNC will hold GT under 45 points. Way to go out on a limb! Are you representing UNC or Elon?

You started this by saying UNC will beat GT. That's the bet, UNC vs GT straight up.

Take it or leave it.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you have so much confidence in Larry Fedora, you are willing to bet UNC will hold GT under 45 points. Way to go out on a limb! Are you representing UNC or Elon?

You started this by saying UNC will beat GT. That's the bet, UNC vs GT straight up.

Take it or leave it.

Oh yeah, I said I would do it - if Bryn Renner is healthy come game time. If he is you're on. Big time.

But you sounded so confident with your 9 TD rant that I thought maybe you were game for a 6 TD bet as well. I guess not.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This needed a bump so

1 after Bama tears Tech a new one Fuck the SEC

2 Fuck Michigan

3 WA HOO WA either wins some games or get the fuck out London

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This needed a bump so

1 after Bama tears Tech a new one Fuck the SEC

2 Fuck Michigan

3 WA HOO WA either wins some games or get the fuck out London

1. VT hopefully won't get blown out. Screw the SEC. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Okay, if you say so.

3. London will be gone at season's end. Maybe even before then. UVA is going to keep right on sucking.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. VT hopefully won't get blown out. Screw the SEC. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Okay, if you say so.

3. London will be gone at season's end. Maybe even before then. UVA is going to keep right on sucking.

1 Always hope for Tech to get killed. My parents are season ticket holders, my BIL is a season ticket holder, my son roots for them. I have been rooting for UVA since I saw Ralph Sampson. Thanksgivings have been rough for a number of years having to watch the Lions lose another and listen to all the family's shit.

2 Guy I grew up with parents met at Ohio State. On saturdays his dad had the Buckeye AD on speed dial, that was funny during the Cooper years. I will root for the Buckeyes.

3 One can only hope London is gone, and hopefully we can get someone in there that knows how to coach and recruit.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 Always hope for Tech to get killed. My parents are season ticket holders, my BIL is a season ticket holder, my son roots for them. I have been rooting for UVA since I saw Ralph Sampson. Thanksgivings have been rough for a number of years having to watch the Lions lose another and listen to all the family's shit.

2 Guy I grew up with parents met at Ohio State. On saturdays his dad had the Buckeye AD on speed dial, that was funny during the Cooper years. I will root for the Buckeyes.

3 One can only hope London is gone, and hopefully we can get someone in there that knows how to coach and recruit.

You guys have the same problem we do. We have a lot of money and resources but just can't seem to get a consistent winning football team. What's up with that? :noidea:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have the same problem we do. We have a lot of money and resources but just can't seem to get a consistent winning football team. What's up with that? :noidea:

We ran our best coach out of town. 7 wins a year every year wasn't good enough anymore. Groh was a good coach, but sucked as a recruiter. He expected everybody to see his Super Bowl rings and run to UVA, it didn't work.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We ran our best coach out of town. 7 wins a year every year wasn't good enough anymore. Groh was a good coach, but sucked as a recruiter. He expected everybody to see his Super Bowl rings and run to UVA, it didn't work.

Well, the NCAAIC ran our coach out of town! And caught us cheating to boot, too!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we need to join the SEC where we can learn to cheat without getting caught at it?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC fans welcome a new HUGE player to the FSU LB corps. Starting Sam LB is none other than Dan Hicks who came out of high school as a true DE. He is 6'4" and 265lbs. Extremely athletic and hits like a ton of bricks. Cannot wait to see him plaster some TE, WR, or RB at full speed. Will be fun to watch.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC fans welcome a new HUGE player to the FSU LB corps. Starting Sam LB is none other than Dan Hicks who came out of high school as a true DE. He is 6'4" and 265lbs. Extremely athletic and hits like a ton of bricks. Cannot wait to see him plaster some TE, WR, or RB at full speed. Will be fun to watch.

Welcome, pardner!

We need about 500 guys like that in this league.

:boxing:

:charlie:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to the following ACC teams for taking care of business this weekend:

Boston College
NC State
Wake Forest
Duke
GT
Miami
UVA
Maryland (Cough, cough)
Notre Dame (Yep, we love you, too!)

and especially to

CLEMSON! Big win over the SEC's UGGA

Last edited by a moderator:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For UNC and VT, it's back to the old drawing board. Gotta play better than that. Playing the best teams in the country and losing is something the ACC needs to STOP DOING! Both teams need to get a grip.

Syracuse lost but played well so they are forgiven.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to the following ACC teams for taking care of business this weekend:

Boston College
NC State
Wake Forest
Duke
GT
Miami
UVA
Maryland (Cough, cough)
Notre Dame (Yep, we love you, too!)

and especially to

CLEMSON! Big win over the SEC's UGGA

UVA:

1 Damn Lightning storm pissed me off as I was only able to watch the first half before ESPNU cut the game off.
2 Defense looks to be legit this year
3 Offense looked like a pee wee team
4 now we get the #3 team in the nation in C'Ville. I just hope it is not a repeat of when USC came to town about 5 years ago.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA:

1 Damn Lightning storm pissed me off as I was only able to watch the first half before ESPNU cut the game off.
2 Defense looks to be legit this year
3 Offense looked like a pee wee team
4 now we get the #3 team in the nation in C'Ville. I just hope it is not a repeat of when USC came to town about 5 years ago.

I could be wrong about UVA. GT couldn't beat BYU. That's a quality win in my humble opinion.

Congrats to VIRGINIA!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is going to be tough. Good luck.

You guys have a lot of balls just to play them.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't nobody got crap to say bout the ACC in week one. In most games the ACC was not favored and they stepped up. Virginia and Clemson standing tall were good wins for the conferene.

SU's offense really looked rocky but the D played very well in a loss to Penn State where PSU was giving up 8.5 at the kick off. SU lost by 6 and had a change with time running out.

UNC's loss in SC.....many teams are losing to SC this year.

Special teams killed VT. They will get the right mix in the game.

WF putting up 70? Man.

The studs of the conference held up their end big time. Clemson knocking off GA. FSU taking it hard to Pitt. And UM putting up 36 in 3 quarters.......

The ACC must be dealt with.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC must be dealt with.

Upset of the Ducks, perhaps? Nah, that's probably stretching it. But it would be a good thing!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are yall interested in doing an ACC pick em? If so, I will start the thread each week and keep tabs on how everyone does throughout the season. I'd like to get at least 10 willing to say they will play every week.