• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7. Pitt will suck again.

8. Duke will go back to the Coastal cellar but they might beat out Pitt.

9. Maryland will not win an ACC game this year, 0-8.

10. 2 ACC teams will play in a BCS game.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FLORIDA STATE

Nonconference opponents (with 2012 records):

Nevada (7-6)
Bethune-Cookman (9-3)
Idaho (1-11)
at Florida (11-2)
ACC home games:

• Maryland
  • NC State
  • Miami
  • Syracuse
ACC road games:
  • at Pittsburgh
  • at Boston College
  • at Clemson
  • at Wake Forest
Gut-check time: Oct. 19 at Clemson. No game on the schedule will be bigger to Florida State and the Atlantic Division race. You're going to hear this stat repeated for months, and the Noles should be using it as motivation: Florida State has not won at Clemson since 2001. Add to that the fact that in each of the past four seasons, the winner of this game has had home-field advantage and has gone on to win the Atlantic Division. Florida State wasn't a great road team last fall, but it's going to have to be at its best in Death Valley.

Trap game: Sept. 2 at Pittsburgh. There's nothing like opening the season with a meaningful conference game on Labor Day. The good news for FSU is that it doesn't have to travel to the 'Burgh in November, when it's freezing. The bad news? Pitt's defense should be pretty darn good. Both teams will debut a first-year starting quarterback, but no player in the ACC will enter this fall facing higher expectations than FSU's Jameis Winston. Whether or not he will have the poise to overcome Pitt's defense remains to be seen.

Snoozer: Sept. 21 vs. Bethune-Cookman. Hey, at least it's only one FCS team this year.

Defining stretch: Oct. 19-Nov. 2 (at Clemson, NC State, Miami). The Atlantic Division title will be on the line, and so will bragging rights against the Canes. FSU will get the Canes at home, but Miami will have the veteran quarterback and overall returns more experience. Anything, though, can happen in this game. Both programs have recruited well within the state, and there is also the underlying plot of former Florida State offensive coordinator James Coley -- who now holds the same title at Miami but actually calls the plays -- returning to his alma mater and former employer.

Final analysis: Those within the program aren't expecting anything less than a 10-win season, and the schedule is certainly conducive to it -- if the six new assistants on staff and Winston all make a smooth transition. On paper, Florida State is good enough to enter the game at Clemson 5-0 (especially considering the soft schedule following the opener), and the Noles will have a bye week to prepare for their showdown in Death Valley. It's the second half of the schedule that will determine FSU's fate in the postseason. Overall, if the Noles can avoid an upset at Pittsburgh and Miami, they should be on track for another 10-win season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/tag/_/name/2013-schedule-analysis

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC predictions:

1. North Carolina will beat Georgia Tech this year.

2. Clemson will go undefeated.

3. FSU loses 2 games: Clemmy and UF

4. Virginia Tech will win 9 games at least.

5. North Carolina will win the Coastal.

6. Syracuse will win 8 games, maybe 9.

My Brother!

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FLORIDA STATE

Nonconference opponents (with 2012 records):

Nevada (7-6)
Bethune-Cookman (9-3)
Idaho (1-11)
at Florida (11-2)
ACC home games:

• Maryland
  • NC State
  • Miami
  • Syracuse
ACC road games:
  • at Pittsburgh
  • at Boston College
  • at Clemson
  • at Wake Forest
Gut-check time: Oct. 19 at Clemson. No game on the schedule will be bigger to Florida State and the Atlantic Division race. You're going to hear this stat repeated for months, and the Noles should be using it as motivation: Florida State has not won at Clemson since 2001. Add to that the fact that in each of the past four seasons, the winner of this game has had home-field advantage and has gone on to win the Atlantic Division. Florida State wasn't a great road team last fall, but it's going to have to be at its best in Death Valley.

Trap game: Sept. 2 at Pittsburgh. There's nothing like opening the season with a meaningful conference game on Labor Day. The good news for FSU is that it doesn't have to travel to the 'Burgh in November, when it's freezing. The bad news? Pitt's defense should be pretty darn good. Both teams will debut a first-year starting quarterback, but no player in the ACC will enter this fall facing higher expectations than FSU's Jameis Winston. Whether or not he will have the poise to overcome Pitt's defense remains to be seen.

Snoozer: Sept. 21 vs. Bethune-Cookman. Hey, at least it's only one FCS team this year.

Defining stretch: Oct. 19-Nov. 2 (at Clemson, NC State, Miami). The Atlantic Division title will be on the line, and so will bragging rights against the Canes. FSU will get the Canes at home, but Miami will have the veteran quarterback and overall returns more experience. Anything, though, can happen in this game. Both programs have recruited well within the state, and there is also the underlying plot of former Florida State offensive coordinator James Coley -- who now holds the same title at Miami but actually calls the plays -- returning to his alma mater and former employer.

Final analysis: Those within the program aren't expecting anything less than a 10-win season, and the schedule is certainly conducive to it -- if the six new assistants on staff and Winston all make a smooth transition. On paper, Florida State is good enough to enter the game at Clemson 5-0 (especially considering the soft schedule following the opener), and the Noles will have a bye week to prepare for their showdown in Death Valley. It's the second half of the schedule that will determine FSU's fate in the postseason. Overall, if the Noles can avoid an upset at Pittsburgh and Miami, they should be on track for another 10-win season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/tag/_/name/2013-schedule-analysis

I can see the Pitt game being a trap, but NC State always has our number and it's right after the Clemson game. If anything that has trap written all over it. Other than that, pretty good analysis.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the Pitt game being a trap, but NC State always has our number and it's right after the Clemson game. If anything that has trap written all over it. Other than that, pretty good analysis.

:doh:It wasn't mine man...it came directly from a sports site. I normally give the author credit at the beginning....I see I forgot on this one. My bad.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NC State has been a trap at NC State. That game will not be a trap because they have lost their best defenders, QB, RB, and their coaching staff. Remember Tom Osbourne left and now it is Dave Dorern(sp) from Northern Illinois that will be the head coach. NC State is going to be horrible this year.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC predictions:

1. North Carolina will beat Georgia Tech this year.

Well, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

But you won't beat us. Tell me this, what is so improved about your team that you would beat us this year? What will be the final score?

Last edited by a moderator:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That explains the Jackets win in the Sun Bowl I guess. I was not impressed. Neither was McKayla Maroney. LOL

But you won't beat us. Tell me this, what is so improved about your team that you would beat us this year? What will be the final score?

1. We have Bryn Renner and you don't.
2. You basically suck on D.
3. GT offense in 2013: Run 3 downs and punt, run 3 downs and punt, etc.
4. I don't like your team. I like mine a whole lot better!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're CHEAP. You have to be CHEAP to get people in Atlanta to go to your games. Because your team is boring and UGA is by far the best team in the state. There are more UGA fans in Atlanta than GT fans, LOL.

rfjeff9

THWG!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,435.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That explains the Jackets win in the Sun Bowl I guess. I was not impressed. Neither was McKayla Maroney. LOL

1. We have Bryn Renner and you don't.
2. You basically suck on D.
3. GT offense in 2013: Run 3 downs and punt, run 3 downs and punt, etc.
4. I don't like your team. I like mine a whole lot better!

1. We have Vad Lee. You didn't last year, and you don't this year. Your D is toast.

2. Says the guy whose team gave up 588 yards and 68 points in last year's matchup. We scrapped that D and hired a new coordinator. Don't expect to have your way with our D this time. What changed on your side?

3. :lame: Like you guys have been trying to force us to do for the last 6 years or so?

4. Fair enough. Ironically, if there's one team I just LOVE to pound into the ground, it's UNC.

BTW, who the hell is McKayla Maroney and why would I care? I wasn't impressed either, but it sure was nice for our boys to win. We know we weren't supposed to be there, but we are also glad we were.

Last edited by a moderator:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. Fair enough. Ironically, if there's one team I just LOVE to pound into the ground, it's UNC.

Good. Then we will be at each other's throats until after the game then. Good luck.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should get a thread. Maybe an avatar bet?

OKay but only if Renner is healthy. If he gets injured our season is going down the toilet as fast as yours will if Thad goes down.

I think we'd better wait and see who's healthy, then if all of our key players are healthy then we'll bet.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our entire 2013 season expectations are only going to get realized if Renner is able to play in all 13-14 games.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying we will beat you, but I'm pretty certain our coaching will be improved considering it won't be Fedora and Co.s first time facing you guys and the triple option...

MastaCow53

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some folks are mighty cocky after having given up 9 TDs to GT last year.

9!!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some folks are mighty cocky after having given up 9 TDs to GT last year.

9!!

It was a terrible game all around. You guys really couldn't have been happy after that game either. I don't think we are going to win, but I don't know why you guys think you should win the game either...