• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only because of the salary, but they're not leaving a proven program for the ACC. Ohio state, Michigan, Alabama, the sec can get proven coaches because they have a better job, at a more historic program, than the acc. State, Duke, and Carolina made good coaching hires. I can't imagine Carolina being able to get some proven coach no matter how much they spent.

I can. Look at how much tOSU, Michigan and Alabama are paying their coaches, then look at the ACC. If you offer them bigger bucks than they are making now they will come.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can. Look at how much tOSU, Michigan and Alabama are paying their coaches, then look at the ACC. If you offer them bigger bucks than they are making now they will come.

I live within 10 miles of Ann Arbor now. When MissedAgain fired Rich Rod, coaches were coming out of the woodwork and begging for the job. Including Saban. This is something the ACC teams do not have.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live within 10 miles of Ann Arbor now. When MissedAgain fired Rich Rod, coaches were coming out of the woodwork and begging for the job. Including Saban. This is something the ACC teams do not have.

Yeah, it's because of the $$$$$$$. If you don't think that you are just plain wrong.

Drewsagator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:
Fisher is not leaving anytime soon. They are completing the Indoor Practice Facility that he has begged for since he came to FSU. He will be around for a while. His agent asked for another extension after the Orange Bowl and the University said no. Not because he is not worth a raise or anything else, but because that is not normal protocol after signing an extension in 2011. Fisher said he was fine with that. Plus Fisher is making 2.75 Million per year through 2016. If he decides to leave before that he will have to reimburse FSU 2 million. Fisher is the highest paid HC in the state of FL. Even more than Muschamp at UF. Fisher is also the highest paid HC in the ACC. He will be staying put at least until 2016 and if not even longer because how much he likes the town, university, and so on. But money does always make decisions more difficult, but I see him staying put.
:laugh3: Fisher will be run out of town after 2 more years.......nobody and I mean NOBODY has done less with more than good old Dumbo and his sidekick, Lickett.......There's a new Sheriff in town.......and his name is Will "God Damned" Muschamp........

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: Fisher will be run out of town after 2 more years.......nobody and I mean NOBODY has done less with more than good old Dumbo and his sidekick, Lickett.......There's a new Sheriff in town.......and his name is Will "God Damned" Muschamp........

musraaage.0_standard_352.0.gif

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's because of the $$$$$$$. If you don't think that you are just plain wrong.

Really? There are always plenty of options if you are willing to pay at 101% of the top of the market value scale. Nick Saben and maybe Les Miles aside, who in the top six SEC teams is not a single 5-7 season away from updating their resume? Look at Patterson and Petersen, both underpaid in terms of potential income, why have they stayed put? Both mentioned in EVERY new job in the last few years. Both will eventually leave, but to thispoint it is NOT because of options for more $$$$$, it is because they are family men, value loyalty and understand that $2.5mm in Boise/Dallas is more than $4mm in California or most right to work States.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? There are always plenty of options if you are willing to pay at 101% of the top of the market value scale. Nick Saben and maybe Les Miles aside, who in the top six SEC teams is not a single 5-7 season away from updating their resume? Look at Patterson and Petersen, both underpaid in terms of potential income, why have they stayed put? Both mentioned in EVERY new job in the last few years. Both will eventually leave, but to thispoint it is NOT because of options for more $$$$$, it is because they are family men, value loyalty and understand that $2.5mm in Boise/Dallas is more than $4mm in California or most right to work States.

2 exceptions out of hundreds. And neither one has ever come close to a NC. If Boise ever wins a NC Peterson will be gone the next year for the many millions he will be offered.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess I'm just plain wrong. I doubt there is a coach in America that would choose UNC over Alabama, even if Alabama was paying half of what Carolina was. And, the teams that you mention that have these great coaches hired started from the same places ACC schools hired. Urban Meyer was at Bowling Green and Utah before Florida. Saban was at Toledo. Brady Hoke was at San Diego State.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the most successful programs out there like Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, etc., they don't take former NIU or Navy coaches. They go after proven, veteran coaches that will draw the five star players like crap draws flies.

Urban Meyer and Nick Saban will never coach in the ACC simply because our schools will never offer them the kind of salary needed to get them.

I believe underpaying coaches is in the Syracuse University bi-laws.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe underpaying coaches is in the Syracuse University bi-laws.

:lol:

All of the ACC schools are going to have to change their by-laws if we want to win a NC ever again.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey there Fuckface how are you doing troll? How is that NCAA clearing house with Walker doing? Oh wait it is all cleared up and he is with the team and has been. OOPS! Yeah a school is going to run out a coach that is averaging 10 wins a season. Boy you are a dumbfuck. I wonder how long it will be until your fellow RATIONAL gator fans on here run your sorry ass out? I give it a month.

:doh:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm just plain wrong. I doubt there is a coach in America that would choose UNC over Alabama, even if Alabama was paying half of what Carolina was. And, the teams that you mention that have these great coaches hired started from the same places ACC schools hired. Urban Meyer was at Bowling Green and Utah before Florida. Saban was at Toledo. Brady Hoke was at San Diego State.

You've got a point here. But Meyer is now at Ohio State after his super seasons with UF and Saban is at Alabama after his super seasons with LSU. And that's the point I'm making. Investing in a young up-and-coming coach is a crap shoot. Investing in seasoned coaches who have NCs under their belts is what I'm talking about.

If the ACC schools were willing to shell out the dough Saban would be coaching at an ACC school. I have no doubt of that, Saban has no loyalty to anyone but his wallet.

And no ACC school was willing to offer the kind of money that might lure Meyer.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hey there Fuckface how are you doing troll? How is that NCAA clearing house with Walker doing? Oh wait it is all cleared up and he is with the team and has been. OOPS! Yeah a school is going to run out a coach that is averaging 10 wins a season. Boy you are a dumbfuck. I wonder how long it will be until your fellow RATIONAL gator fans on here run your sorry ass out? I give it a month.

:doh:

Canes fired Larry Coker who had a 34 game win streak a NC and a NCG appearence. Just sayin.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how long before Swofford moves on? We need new blood.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rich get richer and poor get poorer....that has been the trend in college football for a decade or so, since television started throwing around so much money. The ACC doesn't have the alumni/fan base or stadium sizes to compete with the BigTen and SEC schools in terms to paying big $$$ for head coaches....same goes for facility upgrades and, um buying recruits.

Average Stadium Size by conference:
ACC - 58,600 (includes two NFL stadiums)
B1G - 74990
SEC - 78180
PAC12 - 60460
Big12 - 61340

Average Alumn/Fan Base by conference (from NY Times report):
ACC - 911,000
B1G - 1,460,000
SEC - 1,120,000
Pac12 - 620,000
Big12 - 835,500

It is mind boggling that the B1G hasn't done much of anything in terms of NCAA championships with all the money they have to toss around.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm content being the "David" amongst the college football goliaths. I just hate hearing shit from other conferences about our schedule. Yea we play some cupcakes within our own conference but who doesn't. It used to piss me the fuck off, but with age comes more liquor and calmer nerves. I don't give a rat's ass anymore. I almost wish Clemson would go back to the Southern conference and just simply play football and not worry about SoS, top dollar OC's and DC's, positoning ourselves not to be left out of the BCS/playoff circle jerk, etc. I just want to see football. I hate the money and politics involved today.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canes fired Larry Coker who had a 34 game win streak a NC and a NCG appearence. Just sayin.

Yeah his first 2 years at Miami. Then look at the last two years. A huge brawl, barely beating Duke, then ending his last year at 6-6. Big difference between the two. But the point is made. Unless there is a drop off of major proportions for JImbo he will be fine.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah his first 2 years at Miami. Then look at the last two years. A huge brawl, barely beating Duke, then ending his last year at 6-6. Big difference between the two. But the point is made. Unless there is a drop off of major proportions for JImbo he will be fine.

11-2 (beat FSU twice)
9-3 (beat both FSU and uf)
9-3 (Damn, let one slip to FSU 7-10)
7-6 (with a toilet bowl win)

Three years after consecutive NCG appearences, he was still looking good. His only bowl loss was a double overtime loss for the NC.

Drewsagator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Semenhole Manager doesn't realize is that Dumbass Fisher has had no real competition in any of his "10' wins seasons which if those Homonoles played in the SEC would have been 7 or 8 win seasons.....enjoy a 55-3 ass whipping in the Swamp this year Retard Manager.....:yahoo:

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What Semenhole Manager doesn't realize is that Dumbass Fisher has had no real competition in any of his "10' wins seasons which if those Homonoles played in the SEC would have been 7 or 8 win seasons.....enjoy a 55-3 ass whipping in the Swamp this year Retard Manager.....:yahoo:

Shit man, the gators just might go down to both FSU and Miami this year. I would laugh soooooo hard if it happens.