• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2020 NFL Trade/Free Agency Thread

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying this to be critical at all, but thought this was known a couple days ago (maybe just early yesterday?)....have you heard anything new as far as us signing him?

Numbers I heard he might get are $7-8 mil, which is half what Vernon makes. at this point could sign him and keep Vernon as we don't need the money yet for Vernon's deal.

Though while I have always said idea Haslem is cheap is absurd, I could see not wanting to pay a guy $15 mil to possibly be a backup (though we still need depth at DE).
Yeah it came out but I saw it hadn't been posted here.

I'd love them to keep Vernon if they can get Griffen for $7m and use Vernon as a rotational guy to try and maintain his health. When he's on the field he's still really good. I also would imagine they're going to draft and EDGE somewhere in the middle rounds to develop them behind Vernon and Griffen. Also need to grab another DT, which I'm sure they'll do as well. I'm blown away by Berry so far. He is making some fantastic moves and positioning them well for the next several years financially.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well like I said before it isnt a bad idea but if they cut Vernon they could go after a LT in FA, which gives them more options at #10 instead of locking into a LT. They could possibly trade up and try to get Simmons (depending on how far he falls).
I like that idea, but what LTs are left? I have no interest in trading for Trent Williams if he's wanting some monster payday.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it came out but I saw it hadn't been posted here.

I'd love them to keep Vernon if they can get Griffen for $7m and use Vernon as a rotational guy to try and maintain his health. When he's on the field he's still really good. I also would imagine they're going to draft and EDGE somewhere in the middle rounds to develop them behind Vernon and Griffen. Also need to grab another DT, which I'm sure they'll do as well. I'm blown away by Berry so far. He is making some fantastic moves and positioning them well for the next several years financially.
Last line is what I love.....seems to be trying to win now AND in the future. Guessing he is looking at Rams for what not to do.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that idea, but what LTs are left? I have no interest in trading for Trent Williams if he's wanting some monster payday.
I'd be shocked if this regime dealt top picks for Williams AND gave him a huge payday.

If Ego Boy was still here? That's another story.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peters but honestly, too old and injury concerns.

Trent Williams makes sense bc of simply leverage. They could offer a 3rd rounder and a 2021 pick for him and then offer Trent somewhere around a 2 year $32M...frontloaded. Not sure if it would work but WAS literally has no leverage at this point

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well like I said before it isnt a bad idea but if they cut Vernon they could go after a LT in FA, which gives them more options at #10 instead of locking into a LT. They could possibly trade up and try to get Simmons (depending on how far he falls).
Kind of agree with what I saw ATF say...just not sure which LTs are out there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if this regime dealt top picks for Williams AND gave him a huge payday.

If Ego Boy was still here? That's another story.

I would be too but I feel if they get Griffen AND cut Vernon...it’s a possiblity. If they keep Vernon, I see no shot of this happening. So it all depends

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters but honestly, too old and injury concerns.

Trent Williams makes sense bc of simply leverage. They could offer a 3rd rounder and a 2021 pick for him and then offer Trent somewhere around a 2 year $32M...frontloaded. Not sure if it would work but WAS literally has no leverage at this point
Just mentioned Peters to someone yesterday...cannot believe I forgot about him. For the right price on a 1-2 year deal this might make a lot of sense.

agree WAS has no leverage but would Williams accept a 2 year deal?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would add, @Shanemansj13 I wonder if Simmons is there at 10. wont be shocked if the mocks can be believed (and maybe they cannot).

Seems a near lock 3 QBs, a LT, Young, Okudah and maybe even Brown go before #10. If so, just need 2 from among another QB, another LT, a WR or a wild card to go before us.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of agree with what I saw ATF say...just not sure which LTs are out there.

There really isnt much out, right and I have been against getting Trent from the start but if they can get him for a 3rd I will be 100% for it...kinda doubt it but WAS is losing leverage each day. Just a thought, still love the option of keeping Vernon if they get Griffen

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just mentioned Peters to someone yesterday...cannot believe I forgot about him. For the right price on a 1-2 year deal this might make a lot of sense.

agree WAS has no leverage but would Williams accept a 2 year deal?

Yeah if they were to frontload the contract with guaranteed money it could interest him but honestly no clue

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would add, @Shanemansj13 I wonder if Simmons is there at 10. wont be shocked if the mocks can be believed (and maybe they cannot).

Seems a near lock 3 QBs, a LT, Young, Okudah and maybe even Brown go before #10. If so, just need 2 from among another QB, another LT, a WR or a wild card to go before us.

00% he wont be there at #10 imo...he’s a beast and had a great combine. You really never know but I dont see him get past 7-9

Cincy, Miami and LA all need QB’s
Was will get Young
Detroit looks like they will get Okudah
NYG need to beef up OL

so you would think he goes off the board at 7 or 8 unless Detroit wants him at 3. Losing Slay though I think they want a DB

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
00% he wont be there at #10 imo...he’s a beast and had a great combine. You really never know but I dont see him get past 7-9

Cincy, Miami and LA all need QB’s
Was will get Young
Detroit looks like they will get Okudah
NYG need to beef up OL

so you would think he goes off the board at 7 or 8 unless Detroit wants him at 3. Losing Slay though I think they want a DB
Definitely don't expect it, but think it's not unrealistic at all. AZ probably needs everything but QB and WR. Carolina? No clue.

Might be wrong, but at this point last year wasn't Derwin James thought to go top of round 1 and he slipped out of top 10? Or did he start to slip by this point already?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders signed WR Nelson Agholor, formerly of the Eagles, to a one-year contract.
Agholor was a disappointment in Philadelphia after being selected with the 20th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, but he can be lightly penciled into the Raiders' starting three-WR sets alongside Tyrell Williams and Hunter Renfrow until the Raiders address the position early in the upcoming draft. Agholor needed a fresh start, and he'll get one with a wide-open depth chart in Las Vegas. Through five seasons, he's averaged 6.7 yards per target with a 59.9% catch rate.

:laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely don't expect it, but think it's not unrealistic at all. AZ probably needs everything but QB and WR. Carolina? No clue.

Might be wrong, but at this point last year wasn't Derwin James thought to go top of round 1 and he slipped out of top 10? Or did he start to slip by this point already?

You really never know but Carolina needs to replace Kuechly but they also have a lot of needs