• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2020 NFL Trade/Free Agency Thread

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To Broncos fans.
What is idea of signing Gordon for 8 mil to play RB in Denver?

Isnt Lindsey a bad ass? Also dont you have quality back ups as well?

Really dont understand this signing. :scratch:

So bronco fans. What am I missing here?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I have but not to any of your posts. Consider yourself fortunate that I responded to this one.

Shh...the adults are talking. Pay attention and you might learn some things

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to you they are fine lolzzz

giphy.gif

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emanuel Sanders to the Saints

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to say I like how you think.:rolleyes:
I think Brees has a record or something about throwing to the most UDFA nobodies & making them look good.
Now give brees actual decent WRs (besides Mike) Well he can turn a season or two (dont know what the contract is for) into a huge payday after his time with Drew.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, with McDonald, they want 2 TEs that drop passes? Got it!

Just keep McD on the field...he'll do some damage in spite of his drops. Ebron...looking back at his '18 season with a QB that could actually play...I'm okay with him as a TE2.

Clearly a risk/reward TE duo...for a team that thinks they have a chance with Ben back...you have to applaud the effort anyway.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To Broncos fans.
What is idea of signing Gordon for 8 mil to play RB in Denver?

Isnt Lindsey a bad ass? Also dont you have quality back ups as well?

Really dont understand this signing. :scratch:

So bronco fans. What am I missing here?

Couple of things. Lindsay is very good. He is just limited in some aspects as a RB. Such as he is small and I doubt you can trust him to hold up as a bell cow back for long. The Broncos want to get back to more of what he did in 2018 when they brought him in for certain situations that could maximize his skillset. He is great between the tackles at hitting it with great speed and taking it to the house. He also can do some work on outside sweeps but honestly he is better between the tackles than running outside.

The backups in Denver are really bad. Royce Freeman showed some promise in 2018 but then got injured and has not been the same RB since. The Broncos want a backup like Gordon that can be a receiving threat and pick up the tough yards in goal line and short yardage situations. That is something that Gordon has really thrived at.

One final thought. The Broncos wanted a veteran RB more so than going to the draft in wanting to maximize Drew Lock. A rookie coming in probably wouldn't be trusted with some of the things they will let Gordon do this year especially with him staying in as a blocker.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying this to be critical at all, but thought this was known a couple days ago (maybe just early yesterday?)....have you heard anything new as far as us signing him?

Numbers I heard he might get are $7-8 mil, which is half what Vernon makes. at this point could sign him and keep Vernon as we don't need the money yet for Vernon's deal.

Though while I have always said idea Haslem is cheap is absurd, I could see not wanting to pay a guy $15 mil to possibly be a backup (though we still need depth at DE).

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying this to be critical at all, but thought this was known a couple days ago (maybe just early yesterday?)....have you heard anything new as far as us signing him?

Numbers I heard he might get are $7-8 mil, which is half what Vernon makes. at this point could sign him and keep Vernon as we don't need the money yet for Vernon's deal.

Though while I have always said idea Haslem is cheap is absurd, I could see not wanting to pay a guy $15 mil to possibly be a backup (though we still need depth at DE).

Well like I said before it isnt a bad idea but if they cut Vernon they could go after a LT in FA, which gives them more options at #10 instead of locking into a LT. They could possibly trade up and try to get Simmons (depending on how far he falls).