• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2013 CBA trade frenzy party thread

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanted to coin the term: "thissed"

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I called it. Lupol can't stay healthy. Giving him a long term contract was a mistake. The Ducks & Flyers learned from experience.

yeah cause a broken forearm from a slapshot from his own teammate is the same as a nagging groin injury or knee/back etc... yep you are a predictor of the future :)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't his first injury. Lupol has been injured quite a bit during his career.

yes but a freak injury like a broken forearm from a slapshot is not a result of his previous injuries and should not be reflected as such. its not like he is skating in practice by himself and his forearm just automatically breaks for no reason.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes but a freak injury like a broken forearm from a slapshot is not a result of his previous injuries and should not be reflected as such. its not like he is skating in practice by himself and his forearm just automatically breaks for no reason.

unless you are Rick DiPietro then its totally possible

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some people are just injury/accident prone. It's their karmagrinder.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, I'm just going by the track record. It was a very stupid move by the Maple Leafs to give Lupol a 5 year contract for that kind of money. If he were to walk so be it.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I'm just going by the track record. It was a very stupid move by the Maple Leafs to give Lupol a 5 year contract for that kind of money. If he were to walk so be it.

i understand what you are getting at and agree. I just dont lump that particular injury into it. it easily could have happened to Kessel whose biggest problem may be his rogain bill in the future

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i understand what you are getting at and agree. I just dont lump that particular injury into it. it easily could have happened to Kessel whose biggest problem may be his rogain bill in the future

I understand your point as well. It's unfortunate, but Lupol has had an injury riddled career. Fortunately for him he has a lot of talent & every team he's played for believes in that talent. So he's been able to do quite well financially.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a sentence opening that gets used a lot...

Every team makes mistakes with contracts.

The Sabres gave Connolly a lot of money. How's Leino doing these days? That Ehrhoff deal looks good doesn't it?

The Islanders have Dipietro & Yashin.

Philly has Bryz.
NJ has Kovalchuk
The Rangers were the one's who gave Gomez & Redden their deals.

We could look at every team in the league & fiind at least 1 bad contract.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team makes mistakes with contracts.

The Sabres gave Connolly a lot of money. How's Leino doing these days? That Ehrhoff deal looks good doesn't it?

The Islanders have Dipietro & Yashin.

Philly has Bryz.
NJ has Kovalchuk
The Rangers were the one's who gave Gomez & Redden their deals.

We could look at every team in the league & fiind at least 1 bad contract.

A bit touchy are we?

Sure, every team screws up from time-to-time. But Toronto has been doing it more than most teams lately, which has contributed in no small part to their missing the playoffs for the last 7 seasons.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit touchy are we?

Sure, every team screws up from time-to-time. But Toronto has been doing it more than most teams lately, which has contributed in no small part to their missing the playoffs for the last 7 seasons.

I'd say the Rangers are the ones who give out the worst deals. They now have Richards, Gaborik & Nash. They gave guys like Bobby Holik, Vladimir Malakhov & Chris Drury horrible deals.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was so bad the team got fined. They lost a 1st & 3rd round draft pick. It's also very long. Do you believe he will still be in the NHL when the contract ends?

Well they got fined for the deal that got rejected (bullshit), and maybe, maybe not, but if he retires it won't count against the cap if I'm not mistaken