• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thank you Golden State...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Jordan go 6-0 if one of the years he got there Pippen and Rodman get hurt? Jordan is still the greatest of all time, but once Kyrie went down I don't think anybody expected the Cavs to win a game. Taking it to game 6 is pretty impressive. I also am not sure any player other than Jordan gets that 06-07 squad to the finals.

He is kind of a victim of his own talent level, You replace Lebron with anyone else for this year and 06-07 and the team does not even make the finals, he would sit 2-2.

Hbomb

Mobile Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,923.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's all argue about the greateness of two players were never saw play.

Oh, and if you actually did see them play then you are too senile to remember how good they may have been.

I actually saw Wilt play. Russell only on TV and only at the very end of his career. Wilt was unstoppable. The better team was Russell's. Even Bill will admit Wilt was the best ever.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Jordan go 6-0 if one of the years he got there Pippen and Rodman get hurt? Jordan is still the greatest of all time, but once Kyrie went down I don't think anybody expected the Cavs to win a game. Taking it to game 6 is pretty impressive. I also am not sure any player other than Jordan gets that 06-07 squad to the finals.

He is kind of a victim of his own talent level, You replace Lebron with anyone else for this year and 06-07 and the team does not even make the finals, he would sit 2-2.
This is the point every Lebron hater always ignores. You put Lebron on those Bulls team and they never lose a Finals game. You put Jordan on those 03-10 Cavs, they make the playoffs but likely never the finals. It was obvious - those same Bulls teams went to the playoffs and won series both year when MJ retired. Those same Cavs teams became cellar dwellers once Lebron left. The fact that he actually led that merry band of retards to the NBA's best record and a Finals appearance on top of all the other playoff appearances is a testament to him. The argument for GOAT is between him and MJ, not sure who thinks Kobe goes in that category somehow.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the point every Lebron hater always ignores. You put Lebron on those Bulls team and they never lose a Finals game. You put Jordan on those 03-10 Cavs, they make the playoffs but likely never the finals. It was obvious - those same Bulls teams went to the playoffs and won series both year when MJ retired. Those same Cavs teams became cellar dwellers once Lebron left. The fact that he actually led that merry band of retards to the NBA's best record and a Finals appearance on top of all the other playoff appearances is a testament to him. The argument for GOAT is between him and MJ, not sure who thinks Kobe goes in that category somehow.

Kobe has a solid case for GOAT. I would place him third. If Lebron had the same cutthroat attitude as Kobe then I think we would be looking at a clear GOAT in Lebron. I think Kobe is closer to Lebron right now then Lebron is to Jordan

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You put lebron on the 97 and 98 Bulls team and they'd get beat down by the Jazz in 5 or 6 games. Most of lebrons points came in the paint - Karl Malone would have wiped the floor with him.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's just speculation though.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually saw Wilt play. Russell only on TV and only at the very end of his career. Wilt was unstoppable. The better team was Russell's. Even Bill will admit Wilt was the best ever.
head to head wilt absolutely man handled russell statistically.

i am a C's fan and can admit that.

bill russell is the greatest champion in sports.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is the best ever guys, that's why he did nothing but jack up (and brick) 3's in the final 4 minutes of Game 6.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe has a solid case for GOAT. I would place him third. If Lebron had the same cutthroat attitude as Kobe then I think we would be looking at a clear GOAT in Lebron. I think Kobe is closer to Lebron right now then Lebron is to Jordan

Kobe doesn't belong in the GOAT conversation, just like lebron doesn't belong in the GOAT conversation.

MJ is on top, with Magic, Kareem, Russell and Bird behind him.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put lebron on the 97 and 98 Bulls team and they'd get beat down by the Jazz in 5 or 6 games. Most of lebrons points came in the paint - Karl Malone would have wiped the floor with him.

As someone born and raised in Utah, I will never get over the MJ push-off. The penalty not getting called is kind of forgivable, but how the hell can someone watch the replay and still think it was clean?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
should haves arent for sports.

brady "should be" 7-0 in superbowls (fuck bills 4th and 2. pats would have eaten the bears alive)

Right. I'm just asking if we can blame Lebron for any of those? Did he play poorly to cause his team to lose? I KNOW you wouldn't pin this one on him. That is for sure.

Hbomb

Mobile Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,923.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
head to head wilt absolutely man handled russell statistically.

i am a C's fan and can admit that.

bill russell is the greatest champion in sports.

Agree.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When lebrons career is over he will be looked at as one of the two best to ever play. You can disagree but that doesn't mean it won't happen... 15 years from now when people talk about the best ever they will talk about MJ and LeBron.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen this Lebron guy play. And I'm also objective enough to see the greatness.

Even D-Wade, who won 2 championships with LeBron, says Kobe is 2nd best all-time behind MJ. I'll take his opinion over anybody who claims they don't even like the NBA.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe doesn't belong in the GOAT conversation, just like lebron doesn't belong in the GOAT conversation.

MJ is on top, with Magic, Kareem, Russell and Bird behind him.

I admit that I weigh heavily in favor of players that I have seen. I only ever got to see back brace Bird. Russel based on Championships for sure, but I would take Kobe over Magic or Kareem. I freaking hate Kobe though.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's flawed. If you disregard Rings in the ranking there's no way Russell is better than Wilt. No one is.

Yeah. That is really true. Wilt was the classic "man amongst boys". I just give Russell the nod for all the rings.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan goes to play baseball

Bulls win 57 games and is one shot from the ECF

Lebron leaves Miami and than leaves Cleveland, both teams end up in the NBA lottery

Simple math