• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thank you Golden State...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Magic play from college all through his entire career. I love everything Kobe has done and the 5 titles he brought to the Lakers. Magic is the greatest Laker of all time and a very strong case can be made for him as GOAT.

Kobe is a top 10 all-time player, but not GOAT worthy.

I don't doubt that, but neither is LeBron.

The part that I find funny is that LeBron fans love to bring up Kobe's series win against the Celtics as a bad series for him despite the fact that he finished in the top 3 in points, rebounds and assists in that series but shot a fairly poor percentage. But LeBron gets a pass because he's LeBron and he didn't even win.

LeBron played horribly down the stretch in game 6, instead of driving the lane, where he does the most damage, and trying to draw a foul he bricked 3 after 3, and to make matters worse the Cavs actually got back in that game at the end. They possibly could have won if LeBron hadn't given up.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
moot point. injuries happen in every sport. its how well teams prepare for, and deal with, them.

i saw my bruins once play a final where their best player had a punctured lung and broken ribs and told no one til after the loss (bergeron)

i saw 2 pats superbowl losses partly due to injury (which i never used as an excuse)....brady ankle in 07, gronk in 2011.

lots of teams play with injuies when it matters.

and lebron played in finals with wade and bosh and still lost.

It is not a moot point. You stated that the Celtics team was "slightly better", but that team had 5 active players that would be in the hall of fame playing in that series, not just on the roster, they played. Lebron played with a bunch a journeyman and people who won't stick in in the league.

You are right, if Love and Irving played and the Cavs still lost then James has no excuse. To say James and Jr Smith not being able to do what the far superior 69 Celtics did is more than a little ridiculous.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not a moot point. You stated that the Celtics team was "slightly better", but that team had 5 active players that would be in the hall of fame playing in that series, not just on the roster, they played. Lebron played with a bunch a journeyman and people who won't stick in in the league.

You are right, if Love and Irving played and the Cavs still lost then James has no excuse. To say James and Jr Smith not being able to do what the far superior 69 Celtics did is more than a little ridiculous.
yup. and that team was a banged up mess. did you know russell spent 3 weeks in the hospital for his bad legs that year?

sam jones missed time....as did don nelson . by the time they crawled to the finals bench players were getting tremendous minutes.

also, if you call don nelson a legit HOFer you never picked up a basketball. most of the guys from that era are in the HOF not for their individual performances.

kyrie could be a HOFer, so could love. maybe bosh. wade is in. ray allen is in.

thats 4 HOF or borderline guys to play along side HOFer lebron.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, when Lebron PLAYED with other Hof caliber players he won in the finals. Just like the 69 Celtics. Sam Jones was hurt during the year, but he played every game of the finals and the playoffs. I am not Calling Don Nelson a HoF Player. Russell, Havlichek, Jones, and Bailey Howell.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"bill wennington, luc longley, ron harper, john caffey and steve kerr are HOFers"

basketball fans know how overrated pippen was/is. nice player, but no way close to what he is viewed as.

oh, and dont forget lebron went to finals with a still elite wade, and a very good bosh at the time.

wade is a HOFer. so he will have played with a HOFer, like MJ.

Scottie Pippen was an 8 time all NBA 1st team defense. Only players to have more are Jordan, Kobe, The Glove, KG, Tim Duncan and That's voted on by his peers, not some dipshit Boston fan. He wasn't MJ, but everyone that played back then will tell you he was a bad ass player. He didn't take all the shots Lebron or Kobe or MJ got either. 93-94/94-95 (no MJ) Scottie averaged 20 points, 5 assists, 8 rebounds, 3 steals a game.

Matter of fact in 1995 the Bulls got beat by the Knicks in 7 games, 1 of the Bulls loses was due to an awful call still talked about today. Knicks went on to win the East and got beat by the Rockets in 7.

Scottie Pippen is one of the best defensive players ever to lace them up son.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottie Pippen was an 8 time all NBA 1st team defense. Only players to have more are Jordan, Kobe, The Glove, KG, Tim Duncan and That's voted on by his peers, not some dipshit Boston fan. He wasn't MJ, but everyone that played back then will tell you he was a bad ass player. He didn't take all the shots Lebron or Kobe or MJ got either. 93-94/94-95 (no MJ) Scottie averaged 20 points, 5 assists, 8 rebounds, 3 steals a game.

Matter of fact in 1995 the Bulls got beat by the Knicks in 7 games, 1 of the Bulls loses was due to an awful call still talked about today. Knicks went on to win the East and got beat by the Rockets in 7.

Scottie Pippen is one of the best defensive players ever to lace them up son.
not to my 2 eyes.

heck of a player and sidekick, but i dont see "top 50".

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to my 2 eyes.

heck of a player and sidekick, but i dont see "top 50".

Good thing you are/were not an NBA player. His peers seem to think he was a beast. Many people think he was just a sidekick, but he was the key to that Bulls D. MJ even said that.

8 time 1st team all NBA defense man. only 5 guys in the NBA history have 9

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing you are/were not an NBA player. His peers seem to think he was a beast. Many people think he was just a sidekick, but he was the key to that Bulls D. MJ even said that.

8 time 1st team all NBA defense man. only 5 guys in the NBA history have 9
you were an nba player?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you were an nba player?

No I was not an NBA player, but I could play for high school. Matter of fact, I played against 4 NBA players in high school.. 3 of them on the same team. And all 3 went in the 1st round of the NBA draft. Proviso East 1991-92 was the Best HS team ever assembled.

Illinois bball man. It's the best on the planet.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't doubt that, but neither is LeBron.

The part that I find funny is that LeBron fans love to bring up Kobe's series win against the Celtics as a bad series for him despite the fact that he finished in the top 3 in points, rebounds and assists in that series but shot a fairly poor percentage. But LeBron gets a pass because he's LeBron and he didn't even win.

LeBron played horribly down the stretch in game 6, instead of driving the lane, where he does the most damage, and trying to draw a foul he bricked 3 after 3, and to make matters worse the Cavs actually got back in that game at the end. They possibly could have won if LeBron hadn't given up.

I don't think Lebron is GOAT worthy either. For me, the GOAT discussion involves 3 players: MJ, Kareem and Magic.

On the bold: I guess I wasn't the only one who thought that. It looked to me like Lebron was waving thewhite flag ala the infamous Boston series, when his teammates started a run and climbed back in the game. Then Lebron tried to pick his game up again, but it ended up being too little too late.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I was not an NBA player, but I could play for high school. Matter of fact, I played against 4 NBA players in high school.. 3 of them on the same team. And all 3 went in the 1st round of the NBA draft. Proviso East 1991-92 was the Best HS team ever assembled.

Illinois bball man. It's the best on the planet.
I played in college. Basketball...it was invented here, by a damn Canadian.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, probably Shaq and Worthy are pretty interchangeable, imo. I'd give Worthy the nod because he was a Laker his entire career.
Bob macadoo lol

Wonder where eddie jones is on that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup. and that team was a banged up mess. did you know russell spent 3 weeks in the hospital for his bad legs that year?

sam jones missed time....as did don nelson . by the time they crawled to the finals bench players were getting tremendous minutes.

also, if you call don nelson a legit HOFer you never picked up a basketball. most of the guys from that era are in the HOF not for their individual performances.

kyrie could be a HOFer, so could love. maybe bosh. wade is in. ray allen is in.

thats 4 HOF or borderline guys to play along side HOFer lebron.

Kyrie certainly has got a good start- 3 all star teams at the age of 22 years old is not bad... ( he turned 23 well after the AS game).....

Kyrie has shown thathe has the potential to be a GREAT scorer two

Dude, who would have guessed that the two highest scoring games in the entire NBA for the season would be from Cleveland- and BOTH would be by Kyrie Irving--- and both wouldbeagainst REALLY good teams in 55 against the Blazers and 57 against the Spurs

that 57 against the Spurs was one of the great regular season performances inthe NBA in the last 30 years. He was on freaking fire- against a great team- in their building, and made some crazy shots to come back and win the game when the Cavs were down and out.

Absolutely amazing. The Cavs are SO lucky that they have this guy signed up next to LeBron for the next 5 years ata very reasonable rate.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we dont have to sit thru 24/7 of how awesome lebron is, how awesome he thinks he is, and how wonderful everyone says he is. id rather hear about golden state occasionally, then lebron relentlessly.

not one, not 2, not 3, not 4 losses...

They'll be there next year to shit on him again.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ever see "lotus land?"

their official cover band? if you close your eyes, its rush.

even sounds like geddy.

I’ve seen a couple of YouTube clips… they do sound great.

There’s a Rush tribute band called kRush… they’re not quite in the same league as Lotus Land, but they do a cover of Losing It which is surprisingly good. Props to their guitar player for re-creating the violin part as well as he does.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve seen a couple of YouTube clips… they do sound great.

There’s a Rush tribute band called kRush… they’re not quite in the same league as Lotus Land, but they do a cover of Losing It which is surprisingly good. Props to their guitar player for re-creating the violin part as well as he does.

Good to see fellow Rush fans here.