• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thank you Golden State...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I like how she was all polite afterwards. That was kinda fucked up, mainly because she called a man twice her size a pussy and a bitch, she's probably the type to challenge a man to a fight then say "why'd you hit me?" afterwards. Just shrug it off, LeBron.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(stole this from Twitter)

"Lebron 4-2 in Finals. MJ 0-6. Lebron is the GOAT" - Kids in Africa

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda like LeBron ... he is a special athlete. I hate it when people criticize people because they have success.

I didn’t read any criticism of LeBron… I think that’s just directed toward media outlets like ESPN…
im seeing rush for the 15th time next tuesday.

I got to see them at the Amalie Arena in Tampa a few Sundays ago. A great show. If you don't know the setlist already, avoid any spoilers that might find. I'm watching a Periscope stream of their Toronto show right now.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He forgot frying pan hands Kwame as well! :lol:

I will never forget the game, where Kwame was fucking up so damn bad , that Lakers fans start booing him every time he touched the ball and cheered when he passed it. It was funny as shit and sad at the same time. Dude couldn't hold on to the ball for shit.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t read any criticism of LeBron… I think that’s just directed toward media outlets like ESPN…

I got to see them at the Amalie Arena in Tampa a few Sundays ago. A great show. If you don't know the setlist already, avoid any spoilers that might find. I'm watching a Periscope stream of their Toronto show right now.
ever see "lotus land?"

their official cover band? if you close your eyes, its rush.

even sounds like geddy.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread will do well.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, lebron has his own soda and calls himself the best ever.

this is ON the court dirt and in the public eye in playing days.

No he didn't. He said he's the best player in the world, which right now is unquestionably true. He never once said I'm the best ever. If you're gonna hate at least don't do it so blindly.

Yeah because Jordan and Kobe would be first round exits if the second best player they ran with was JR Smith

Keep ignoring the obvious differences

A staple of Lebron haters. Despite all of the otherworldly things that no player has ever done before, the fact that he played 2 Finals with mid-level role players is all that matters. These are also the guys that would rather have Trent Dilfer than Dan Marino, I have to imagine.

LEBRON had all his handpicked guys for the whole season and 3 rounds of the playoffs.

He acted as the defacto GM and put together another 3-headed superstar team.
They were the favorites to win it all before the season started.

He wasnt playing with this roster until the last 5 games.
It is slight revisionist history to suggest he carried a bad roster to the finals.
You appear to be a Texan, so the ignorance and stupidity is expected. He didn't have all his handpicked guys for 3 rounds of the playoffs. He had love for all of 3½ games, and Kyrie for 2 of the final 10 games of the playoffs. He actually did play with this roster for several games vs. Chicago and Atlanta. Again, there's that ignorance and stupidity of yours.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahahhaha

Adam Schefter
Yesterday at 5:58am ·

Quite the Cleveland send off: woman cab driver adamant that NBA Finals were fixed AND LeBron wasted all his energy in his upcoming movie. OK

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11428049_10204274125122276_5918688994110782359_n.jpg

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOSTON (CBS) – First, let me make it clear that I have great respect for LeBron James.

He is a superb basketball player, a unique combination of smarts and skill who excels in every phase of thegame.

But I am a little put off by all the sycophants rushing to exonerate LeBron from any criticism over his team’s failure to seriously contest the just-concluded NBA championship series with Golden State.

I keep hearing that after his team lost key players to injury, it was a Herculean showing by LeBron to drag his remaining teammates to a couple of wins in the finals. Much is made of his workload, and how exhausted he must have been.

Unfortunately, many of the fans and pundits falling over themselves to make these excuses know little or nothing of basketball history.

They would do well to hop online and check out the 1969 Boston Celtics, who limped into the finals with a 34-year-old player/coach named Bill Russell who had spent time in the hospital during the season with leg injuries. Their opponents, the LA Lakers, were considered a super team, with a big three of Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor and Jerry West, all future Hall-of-Famers.

Russell’s supporting cast were better than what LeBron had to work with, but not by all that much. John Havlicek was in his prime, but the rest were aging and, in some cases, fighting off injuries.

The Celtics won that title, in a seventh game on the road, with seven players averaging double figures under Russell’s leadership.

That is what a big-time leader and winner looks like, not what we saw with LeBron the other night.

Perhaps some day, he can hope to approach that level of greatness.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
head to head wilt absolutely man handled russell statistically.

i am a C's fan and can admit that.

bill russell is the greatest champion in sports.

I'm not a Bill Russell fan, but I will say that I'm not sure that we ever saw how good he could truly be. He played on better teams than Wilt did. If he tried to play like Wilt, it would have actually hurt his Celtics teams because they had so many other great players.

Wilt was on teams where he had to play like he did for them to even have a chance. Interestingly, when he was on the best team he played on in his career (the 1972 Lakers) Wilt's numbers were more "Russell like" than "Wilt like."

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not old enough to have seen Magic play, but I will say that Kobe is my generation's version of MJ. I'm not sure where he would rank among the greatest of all-time but I do know he has been the greatest of his era alongside Timmy Duncan.

I saw Magic play from college all through his entire career. I love everything Kobe has done and the 5 titles he brought to the Lakers. Magic is the greatest Laker of all time and a very strong case can be made for him as GOAT.

Kobe is a top 10 all-time player, but not GOAT worthy.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOSTON (CBS) – First, let me make it clear that I have great respect for LeBron James.

He is a superb basketball player, a unique combination of smarts and skill who excels in every phase of thegame.

But I am a little put off by all the sycophants rushing to exonerate LeBron from any criticism over his team’s failure to seriously contest the just-concluded NBA championship series with Golden State.

I keep hearing that after his team lost key players to injury, it was a Herculean showing by LeBron to drag his remaining teammates to a couple of wins in the finals. Much is made of his workload, and how exhausted he must have been.

Unfortunately, many of the fans and pundits falling over themselves to make these excuses know little or nothing of basketball history.

They would do well to hop online and check out the 1969 Boston Celtics, who limped into the finals with a 34-year-old player/coach named Bill Russell who had spent time in the hospital during the season with leg injuries. Their opponents, the LA Lakers, were considered a super team, with a big three of Wilt Chamberlain, Elgin Baylor and Jerry West, all future Hall-of-Famers.

Russell’s supporting cast were better than what LeBron had to work with, but not by all that much. John Havlicek was in his prime, but the rest were aging and, in some cases, fighting off injuries.

The Celtics won that title, in a seventh game on the road, with seven players averaging double figures under Russell’s leadership.

That is what a big-time leader and winner looks like, not what we saw with LeBron the other night.

Perhaps some day, he can hope to approach that level of greatness.

I think that Lebron probably would have won if he also had 4 other Hall of Famers on his team......

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair. But just on the Lakers alone, Kobe isn't that close to the top. Kareem, Magic & Shaq were all better and that's before I even get into the old timers like West, Baylor, Wilt and others that I never saw play.

Been following the Lakers since 1970. My top 5:

1. Magic
2. Kareem
3. West
4. Wilt
5. Kobe

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
irving may go, too soon
love may go, too soon
wade will go
bosh may go
ray allen will go

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
irving may go, too soon
love may go, too soon
wade will go
bosh may go
ray allen will go
.... none of whom played in the Finals this year... and think that was Mebert's point

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.... none of whom played in the Finals this year... and think that was Mebert's point
moot point. injuries happen in every sport. its how well teams prepare for, and deal with, them.

i saw my bruins once play a final where their best player had a punctured lung and broken ribs and told no one til after the loss (bergeron)

i saw 2 pats superbowl losses partly due to injury (which i never used as an excuse)....brady ankle in 07, gronk in 2011.

lots of teams play with injuies when it matters.

and lebron played in finals with wade and bosh and still lost.