• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Oakland A's 8/2-8/4

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ griffin is pretty homerun prone. Hopefully rangers can get to him

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off-Topic question, I just wanted you guys' opinion...who do you think is the best starting pitcher in the MLB?
I'd have to go with Clayton Kershaw. What he has put up this year is quite incredible.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Espn is reporting that A Rod getting 214 game suspension starting monday. They are also reporting 12 other also suspended and have already accepted suspensions.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard that 12 major leaguers will be punished, but I did not know or hear that 12 have chosen to accept suspensions :o

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off-Topic question, I just wanted you guys' opinion...who do you think is the best starting pitcher in the MLB?
I'd have to go with Clayton Kershaw. What he has put up this year is quite incredible.

Yeah no doubt he's the best in the league. If he hit free agency I would make a run at him. Imagine Kershaw/Darvish 1-2 Combo that would be unfair! Best combo since randy and schilling

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard that 12 major leaguers will be punished, but I did not know or hear that 12 have chosen to accept suspensions :o

That what espn radio is saying, don't how true it is though. They also A rod going to take mlb to federal court.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foe those keeping track of the WC chase....O's lose but Indians win.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foe those keeping track of the WC chase....O's lose but Indians win.
I feel confident we can win the division, our remaining schedule is a cake-walk compared to the A's.
Then again, you never know. Always helps to be up in WC standings just for the heck of it.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby got hit pretty hard tonite. Lots of line drives all over the park. Didn't get over 84 on the stadium gun.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby got hit pretty hard tonite. Lots of line drives all over the park. Didn't get over 84 on the stadium gun.

Nowhere near ready.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel confident we can win the division, our remaining schedule is a cake-walk compared to the A's.
Then again, you never know. Always helps to be up in WC standings just for the heck of it.

Our schedule is easy this month a little more challenging in September. Need to have a huge month this month

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby can't stay in the minors past Aug 15. At most he gets 2 more rehab starts, but if he can't hit 88-90 and struggles to get AA hitters out, then what? What do the Rangers do with him then? I'm starting to think Harrison has a better shot at contributing in Sept than Colby does in August.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ouch. Not what we wanted to hear. We had ENOUGH of that type of pitching this year with rookies. Love Colby but we need him back tip top. I also think his contract is up this year. Very possible he may not make another start with the Rangers.

On another subject...OAK optioned Milone to AAA.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby can't stay in the minors past Aug 15. At most he gets 2 more rehab starts, but if he can't hit 88-90 and struggles to get AA hitters out, then what? What do the Rangers do with him then? I'm starting to think Harrison has a better shot at contributing in Sept than Colby does in August.

If he is throwing 84mph still then something is wrong. Maybe he goes back on the 60 day DL. If that happens I don't see the Rangers extending his contract.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaar that is not what is posted on the rangers site.

Lewis confident he's ready to return to Rangers | MLB.com Mobile

FRISCO, Texas -- Colby Lewis feels he's ready to be activated by the Rangers after making his seventh rehab start on Saturday.

The decision now rests in the club's hands after the right-hander pitched five innings for Double-A Frisco, allowing two runs on six hits. He threw 59 of his 86 pitches for strikes, collecting three punchouts, all swinging, and one walk against Double-A San Antonio.

"It's up to them," Lewis said. "A couple weeks ago, I felt like I could've slid right in, but I feel like now we got five guys [in the rotation] that are kind of locking it down. They've got a decision to make, so we'll see what happens."

Lewis' fastball averaged around 88 mph, which was his average last season before he tore his flexor tendon in his right elbow last July and missed the remainder of the season. Lewis has had two setbacks dealing with triceps tendinitis and muscular soreness since the injury.

The right-hander allowed a solo shot to center field to the second batter he faced on an 88-mph fastball. Lewis hit 90 mph three times in his outing, twice on the at-bat following the home run and picked up his second strikeout in the inning on an 83-mph slider.

"I felt like my misses were all in the same area," Lewis said of his fastball. "I felt like when I did miss, it was in the location where I wanted it to be. Other than that, I felt like I commanded the ball pretty good, threw some good changeups. My curveball was hit and miss, but usually if you have three out of the four, it's going to be a pretty decent day."

Lewis threw 24 pitches in the third, working around a one-out triple to the second batter. He forced the next two batters to ground out in the infield, mixing in more offspeed pitches.

"You try to attack them with fastballs, and they just jump all over it," Lewis said. "With runners in scoring position, I tried to start guys off soft and keep them from hunting that fastball."

Lewis allowed his second run in the fifth allowing a one-out double and single in consecutive at-bats on three pitches. He then issued a seven-pitch walk, but ended his outing on a popout and flyout.

In his third rehab stint, Lewis has a 7.10 ERA in his last four starts. He's allowed five runs in 10 innings during his last two outings.

"Overall I felt like my stamina definitely gets better every time I go out," Lewis said. "Eighty-six pitches, I feel like I definitely could've gone out for another one. Overall, it felt like another good outing."

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well looks like Jaar was trolling us. That sounds like a lot different report than the one he was saying. Great progress by Colby, I think he will come back strong

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well looks like Jaar was trolling us. That sounds like a lot different report than the one he was saying. Great progress by Colby, I think he will come back strong

Nobody should be shocked that jaar is trolling us.

As for his outing, I don't know about great progress, but he is making progress. From my understanding I would say he'll need another rehab start an then evaluate him.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody should be shocked that jaar is trolling us.

As for his outing, I don't know about great progress, but he is making progress. From my understanding I would say he'll need another rehab start an then evaluate him.

Guess we will see what the rangers think.