• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Oakland A's 8/2-8/4

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but I'm strictly talking about the situation here. Lots of depth pitching wise and Ogando has proven to be a dominant set up guy and can maybe turn into a closer for someone.
The way Ogando is pitching now does not offer a lot in the rotation or the pen. That does not mean he won't improve with another start or two. However, it does appear that he will need to come around soon or find himself in another uniform. I do not see him improving the team the way he is pitching now. He has the talent but needs to find his control. Good competition on his heels will force him to get it together sooner than later.:hope:

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having too many pitchers is never a bad thing, and tend to work themselves out on their own. I don't know any team that wouldn't want Ogando as their 5th starter. It's a great situation to let Lewis get ready, there is no rush to insert him into the rotation. Stretch him out in the BP with some long relief when he is ready. If it was a few weeks ago, it's a little different situation, but as of today let him get his work and some innings under his belt and like I said, these situations usually work themselves out.

I'd much rather have Lewis start off in the Pen get some innings, then send Ogando to the BP, then have to bring him back to the rotation if Lewis isn't ready or working out. But everyone has their own philosophy on things like that.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having too many pitchers is never a bad thing, and tend to work themselves out on their own. I don't know any team that wouldn't want Ogando as their 5th starter. It's a great situation to let Lewis get ready, there is no rush to insert him into the rotation. Stretch him out in the BP with some long relief when he is ready. If it was a few weeks ago, it's a little different situation, but as of today let him get his work and some innings under his belt and like I said, these situations usually work themselves out.

I'd much rather have Lewis start off in the Pen get some innings, then send Ogando to the BP, then have to bring him back to the rotation if Lewis isn't ready or working out. But everyone has their own philosophy on things like that.

Putting Lewis in the pen makes no sense. If you want him to stretch out and be a starter he needs to be starting every fifth day. If he needs a couple extra starts in the minors to get major league ready then so be it. The only way Lewis needs to be with the big club is if he's in the rotation and getting major league hitters out.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting Lewis in the pen makes no sense. If you want him to stretch out and be a starter he needs to be starting every fifth day. If he needs a couple extra starts in the minors to get major league ready then so be it. The only way Lewis needs to be with the big club is if he's in the rotation and getting major league hitters out.

:agree: he throws 90-100 pitches today I believe not sure

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: he throws 90-100 pitches today I believe not sure

I believe it's 90 and I'd be willing to bet it would be smart to give him another rehab start. Especially if he's still living at 87-88 with his fastball. He needs to be living around 88-89 at minimum and he better be hitting his spots.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree completely. More worried about Ogando than Lewis.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RANGERS
CF Leonys Martin
SS Elvis Andrus
2B Ian Kinsler
DH Adrian Beltre
RF Nelson Cruz
LF David Murphy
C Geovany Soto
3B Jurickson Profar
1B Mitch Moreland

ATHLETICS
CF Coco Crisp
SS Eric Sogard
DH Jed Lowrie
LF Yoenis Cespedes
1B Brandon Moss
3B Josh Donaldson
RF Josh Reddick
2B Alberto Callaspo
C Stephen Vogt

So no AJ today. Guy has been pretty hot, but I understand with it being a day game after a night game.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Lewis is ready they are going to slide him back into the rotation. I just don't see the harm in bringing him back and letting him throw some innings out of the pen against some big league hitters. If he had only been out a month or something I'd have a totally different view, or if Grimm and Tep were in the rotation. But Colby hasn't thrown in over a year. Just don't see the downside in this particular situation.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RANGERS
CF Leonys Martin
SS Elvis Andrus
2B Ian Kinsler
DH Adrian Beltre
RF Nelson Cruz
LF David Murphy
C Geovany Soto
3B Jurickson Profar
1B Mitch Moreland

ATHLETICS
CF Coco Crisp
SS Eric Sogard
DH Jed Lowrie
LF Yoenis Cespedes
1B Brandon Moss
3B Josh Donaldson
RF Josh Reddick
2B Alberto Callaspo
C Stephen Vogt

So no AJ today. Guy has been pretty hot, but I understand with it being a day game after a night game.

His new lineup has lasted a while now

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it's 90 and I'd be willing to bet it would be smart to give him another rehab start. Especially if he's still living at 87-88 with his fastball. He needs to be living around 88-89 at minimum and he better be hitting his spots.

87-89 with some 90-91 is more than good enough for me

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis in his season last year was 87-89 mostly so no need to be worried about the velocity

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Lewis is ready they are going to slide him back into the rotation. I just don't see the harm in bringing him back and letting him throw some innings out of the pen against some big league hitters. If he had only been out a month or something I'd have a totally different view, or if Grimm and Tep were in the rotation. But Colby hasn't thrown in over a year. Just don't see the downside in this particular situation.

Because he needs to be building stamina and arm strength. Being in the pen doesn't help that.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get it ready for a good dose of Tim and Joe

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Garza blows the A's away. Romeo you have enough whiskey to get you thru the game.

bradw516

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brilliant keys to the game, a lot of thought was put into those. Stay hot!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good start Leo!