• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need relief pitching I Think and as Saddle showed in Lucas post., we have 2 too many
Mancini wouldn't do much too keep us from doing other things as his pay is not significant. The cost would be on who we have to give up. We would still have money for other positions.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perhaps his gives us leverage if we want to move a pitcher for a position player

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the offers for minor need to be more appealing then the lowball shit teams threw at us last year.
At the present he doesn't have 2 or 3 very bad recent outings staring all the other teams in the face.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably Minor unless we extend. Purely spitballing
If they found another team or two to be desperate that would be a good move.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Morris gets his readers to rank the prospects in our system. Here is how it has gone so far.

1 — Leody Taveras

2 — Josh Jung

3 — Nick Solak

4 — Hans Crouse

5 — Sam Huff

6 — Sherten Apostel

7 — Joe Palumbo

8 — Kolby Allard

9 — Cole Winn

10 — Brock Burke

11 — Bubba Thompson

Something tells me Taveras is going to prove to be overrated.

I still think Crouse and Winn are our two top prospects.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taveras has the highest floor. He might never hit enough to be good but his defense is good enough that there's a 95% chance he'll be a big leaguer.

Crouse and Winn are in A ball and pitchers. There's like a 50% chance they never make it to the big leagues.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Minor. Looking for an elite 3B with control. If at the break he does not want to be extended, then get prospects.

We need RHBs and have two too many pitchers rostered. Smells like a trade to me.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No player is untouchable for the right deal.
I just don't think you have a chance of getting the "right deal" now. It's a catch-22 because to get the right deal Minor would need to pitch well and teams desperate at the deadline come calling but at the same time if he is pitching well wouldn't we want to extend him. It's never just that simple. But we need pitching and I prefer our young guys stay at AAA for a little more work before we bring them up.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think you have a chance of getting the "right deal" now. It's a catch-22 because to get the right deal Minor would need to pitch well and teams desperate at the deadline come calling but at the same time if he is pitching well wouldn't we want to extend him. It's never just that simple. But we need pitching and I prefer our young guys stay at AAA for a little more work before we bring them up.

All the young guys had warts when exposed to ML bats, hopefully their experience last year gives them plenty to work on at AAA at the start of the year, and they'll be ready when their number is called

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Minor. Looking for an elite 3B with control. If at the break he does not want to be extended, then get prospects.

We need RHBs and have two too many pitchers rostered. Smells like a trade to me.
As long as it is a good trade I don't care if we get prospects now. Well, not another CF prospect.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taveras has the highest floor. He might never hit enough to be good but his defense is good enough that there's a 95% chance he'll be a big leaguer.. Crouse and Winn are in A ball and pitchers. There's like a 50% chance they never make it to the big leagues.
Taveras has a good chance of being a mediocre player at best in the big leagues. Crouse and Winn have a chance to be Aces. I would much rather all of our top ten be like them than like Taveras.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind one of them in the rotation to begin the year. Three months ago I would have been fine with 2 of them in the rotation to begin the year. I understand the reasoning behind having them in AAA longer, but I also understand the reasoning that they need more big league experience to prepare them for the future.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind one of them in the rotation to begin the year. Three months ago I would have been fine with 2 of them in the rotation to begin the year. I understand the reasoning behind having them in AAA longer, but I also understand the reasoning that they need more big league experience to prepare them for the future.

Most of them have ML experience and it wasn't exactly good, they have things to work on in AAA and then they can give it another shot when their time comes

Injury and/or ineffectiveness is highly possible based on the guys we have

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paywall

To me he would have to play some 1B.