• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt very much that the Rangers will actually try very hard to get Donaldson (too long and too much) so you're basically looking at Frazier, Castellanos or a trade. (Knowing Jon Daniels trade history I don't think I would even contemplate that, although it has been somewhat more productive recently). Most of the trades would gut what little is in the farm system unless JD can find an idiot (like himself) to make a deal with.

Looking ahead at the next few FA classes there really aren't any good 3B available (unless Arenado opts out in a couple of years) so this means you have to trade for someone or fill from within for the foreseeable future, enjoy.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a whole lot of room between how the Angels are run and how the Rangers are run. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Also, bad GMs make good decisions sometimes, and good GMs make bad ones at times. Both the Angels and the Rangers have made several bad decisions. They are each going to have a good one thrown in every once in awhile.

This team is scared to death to spend big. They are gun shy and really don't need to be in this business any longer.

By the way, had there been an open bidding process for Darvish, I doubt we would have won that bidding. His case was not an example of this team being willing to go big in free agency. That situation was very unique.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt very much that the Rangers will actually try very hard to get Donaldson (too long and too much) so you're basically looking at Frazier, Castellanos or a trade. (Knowing Jon Daniels trade history I don't think I would even contemplate that, although it has been somewhat more productive recently). Most of the trades would gut what little is in the farm system unless JD can find an idiot (like himself) to make a deal with.

Looking ahead at the next few FA classes there really aren't any good 3B available (unless Arenado opts out in a couple of years) so this means you have to trade for someone or fill from within for the foreseeable future, enjoy.
If we think Rendon is good which he is Arenado is even better. Now I am not acting like we would ever be able to get him but all 7 years he has been in the big leagues he has won the gold glove at 3rd and a silver slugger 4 of those years. The guy hits for average and power and plays great D.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With Springs being rostered I do think a trade is in the works. Rumored to be with Mets involving LeClerc

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Springs being rostered I do think a trade is in the works. Rumored to be with Mets involving LeClerc

Not much they have on the roster position player wise you would realistically get or even really want, maybe they have some good prospects...

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes makes no sense to trade for Arenado when passing on Rendon. Nolan is a better overall hitter and superior defensively but Rendon proved himself in the moment which to me is huge

Still wondering if owners are setting themselves to cash in and sell the franchise. Perfect moment to without a lot of debt and the huge shiny new asset. Perhaps that is why they did not acquire Rendon.
Unfortunately we look at the worth/value of a team based upon the chances to get tot true WS promised land. Alas sigh

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes makes no sense to trade for Arenado when passing on Rendon. Nolan is a better overall hitter and superior defensively but Rendon proved himself in the moment which to me is huge

Still wondering if owners are setting themselves to cash in and sell the franchise. Perfect moment to without a lot of debt and the huge shiny new asset. Perhaps that is why they did not acquire Rendon.
Unfortunately we look at the worth/value of a team based upon the chances to get tot true WS promised land. Alas sigh
If I was given a choice between Rendon and Arenado it is Arenado. Even with the great year Rendon had this past season Arenado has a little more pop and one of the best if not the best 3rd baseman defensively. But you are not going to go wrong with either.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much they have on the roster position player wise you would realistically get or even really want, maybe they have some good prospects...
I agree Smith and Lowrie are not much better than what we have but noted other teams interested too. We will need to clear a roster spot soon

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a whole lot of room between how the Angels are run and how the Rangers are run. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Also, bad GMs make good decisions sometimes, and good GMs make bad ones at times. Both the Angels and the Rangers have made several bad decisions. They are each going to have a good one thrown in every once in awhile.

This team is scared to death to spend big. They are gun shy and really don't need to be in this business any longer.

By the way, had there been an open bidding process for Darvish, I doubt we would have won that bidding. His case was not an example of this team being willing to go big in free agency. That situation was very unique.
Not sure if scared is it but despite 6 years and option to Rendon, I think Boras played them as he was going to have nothing less than 7 guaranteed.

Do help the owners are selling. Who knows what happens to JD after that.
Would not be surprised if he transitions to Pres only

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we think Rendon is good which he is Arenado is even better. Now I am not acting like we would ever be able to get him but all 7 years he has been in the big leagues he has won the gold glove at 3rd and a silver slugger 4 of those years. The guy hits for average and power and plays great D.
Agree on Arenado but JD and the owners won't do it. They will settle for Franco or Forsythe or someone of that level of ability and cheap and talk about how fortunate they feel about being able to get them.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be surprised with the zero off-season we done so far that we don't see them trade Minor and/or Lynn also

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maikel Franco wouldn't upset me if it's a competition between several players and let the best player win

Wish they would do that at 2B

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it makes sense for the Rangers to give up on a Good player for whatever

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean i give them a 5, the Gibson and Lyles signings were shrewd moves and could be nice signings... time will tell
Definitely not a 5 in my view but it might grow to 3.5 to 4 depending on what else we do

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean i give them a 5, the Gibson and Lyles signings were shrewd moves and could be nice signings... time will tell
I agree on the wait and see with Gibson and Lyles. They may turn out to be productive. Many didn't think the Minor and Lynn signings were all that great last off season.