• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2018-2019 Offseason Thread

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting possible MLB trades this offseason

Giants trade Samardzija to Rangers for Choo
Jeff Samardzija's career has been a roller coaster: The right-hander has been solid at times, underwhelming at others. He had success during his half-season pitching in the AL West for the A's in 2014, and given Texas' need for pitching, the Rangers might be willing to bet on the soon-to-be 34-year-old bouncing back from an injury-riddled 2018.

Shin-Soo Choo's value is at its peak following his 2018 All-Star season, so this might be Texas' best opportunity to move the 36-year-old outfielder with two years and $42 million remaining on his contract. Samardzija is owed $39.6 million over the next two seasons, so the money is essentially a wash.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting possible MLB trades this offseason

Giants trade Samardzija to Rangers for Choo
Jeff Samardzija's career has been a roller coaster: The right-hander has been solid at times, underwhelming at others. He had success during his half-season pitching in the AL West for the A's in 2014, and given Texas' need for pitching, the Rangers might be willing to bet on the soon-to-be 34-year-old bouncing back from an injury-riddled 2018.

Shin-Soo Choo's value is at its peak following his 2018 All-Star season, so this might be Texas' best opportunity to move the 36-year-old outfielder with two years and $42 million remaining on his contract. Samardzija is owed $39.6 million over the next two seasons, so the money is essentially a wash.

Never been a fan of Samardzija and at least Choo is somewhat productive and way overpaid. Jeff can't stay healthy now, so I wouldn't make this trade.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been a fan of Samardzija and at least Choo is somewhat productive and way overpaid. Jeff can't stay healthy now, so I wouldn't make this trade.
Howdy stranger. Think I'll wait and study this one.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howdy stranger. Think I'll wait and study this one.

Howdy DT! These types of articles, around this time of year, are mostly speculation with little merit but who knows.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we signed Clark as a consolation prize since we lost Palmeiro. That was a net loss.

Sometimes a battery is too bad for even a jumpstart to help.

Maybe they will use the same strategy in 2020. That is, just hope the rest of the division has a bad year too.

OH that is your typical spin. We lost Palmeiro or maybe he rejected Rangers Perhaps Raffy got greedy not liking the offer and moved on. Bunch of sour grapes on his end after Thrill signed. Both were great that year. Point is FO showed it wanted to compete.

Prices to go to a ballgame have gone up to. Rangers going to have to give public hope in 2020 for people to empty their pockets for season tickets. FO Will have to show public it wants to compete

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH that is your typical spin. We lost Palmeiro or maybe he rejected Rangers Perhaps Raffy got greedy not liking the offer and moved on. Bunch of sour grapes on his end after Thrill signed. Both were great that year. Point is FO showed it wanted to compete.

Prices to go to a ballgame have gone up to. Rangers going to have to give public hope in 2020 for people to empty their pockets for season tickets. FO Will have to show public it wants to compete
Haha. I actually spun it more positive than I felt back when it happened. Getting Clark instead of Palmeiro was a huge disappointment to a lot of fans.

This member of the public already knows they want to compete. And they will compete again, just not much in 2020.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not much of a fan of his either. It would open up space in the OF/DH though. If we have another veteran who isn't very good in the rotation I don't think he is going to get in anyone's way. I would just as soon see an OF/DH foursome consisting of Mazara, Heineman, Gallo and Calhoun. It is probably a very long shot anyway.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not much of a fan of his either. It would open up space in the OF/DH though. If we have another veteran who isn't very good in the rotation I don't think he is going to get in anyone's way. I would just as soon see an OF/DH foursome consisting of Mazara, Heineman, Gallo and Calhoun. It is probably a very long shot anyway.
Tendering DDJ doesn't help the cause but as you said,a very long shot.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next season will suck.

Just gotta get through it and make it as painless as possible. I’ll go to one last game in that sweltering hellhole of a ballpark. Can’t wait for the new stadium.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is Oaklands quest for a new stadium

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In best case scenario DDJ is a good lead off hitter whose speed can generate runs and get to balls in OF most do not. In more realistic scenario he is a 4th OF to a club with a good CF who can pinch run or be a defensive replacement.

He was one of the worst offensive players last year albeit some say injury was the reason for this. Sure that dumpster fire of a year will affect his arbitration figure. If they decide not to tender it is no big deal to me. 2019 is still about development

Heinemann as an improved AAA player likely gets his shot but I am by no means doing cartwheels re him.i wonder what he produces defensively but Tocci actually impressed me defensively. To me he looks like your 4th OF of the future

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree

Don't get the love for Heineman either
not showing any love for Heineman just think it is time to move on from DDJ and Heineman is the closest OF'er we have ready to move into the spot.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In best case scenario DDJ is a good lead off hitter whose speed can generate runs and get to balls in OF most do not. In more realistic scenario he is a 4th OF to a club with a good CF who can pinch run or be a defensive replacement.

He was one of the worst offensive players last year albeit some say injury was the reason for this. Sure that dumpster fire of a year will affect his arbitration figure. If they decide not to tender it is no big deal to me. 2019 is still about development

Heinemann as an improved AAA player likely gets his shot but I am by no means doing cartwheels re him.i wonder what he produces defensively but Tocci actually impressed me defensively. To me he looks like your 4th OF of the future
neither am I. just tired of DDJ