• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2018-2019 Offseason Thread

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it will, but will the cost paralyze our budget again when those pitchers' production falls off the table in year 3 of their contract.
You will have to wait to get the answer to that one.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ranking top 2018-19 free agents

11. Yusei Kikuchi, LHP (28 years old)
Kikuchi -- who is expected to be posted this winter -- spent time on the disabled list with a left-shoulder issue this past season, which may give pause to some Major League clubs, especially considering the underlying concerns many MLB teams already have about the health of Japanese pitchers transitioning to a big league schedule. But from speaking to evaluators who have seen Kikuchi pitch, the consensus is that the left-hander who plays for the Seibu Lions can be a mid-rotation starter in the Majors.
Interested teams: Rangers, Dodgers, Yankees, Mariners, Phillies, Padres

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as this managerial search is taking he had better be the Bill Belichick of baseball. He should be here 20 years from now with 6 WS titles.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could be ready to contend for a wildcard by then if that is the goal.

A WS championship is my goal. It will take a blend of mostly prospects and a few FA.
You want to wait until we're a guaranteed WS contender before we do anything? You take baby steps: winning record, then playoff contender and then the ultimate step.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to wait until we're a guaranteed WS contender before we do anything? You take baby steps: winning record, then playoff contender and then the ultimate step.
I didn't say that at all. Just because I don't expect to be able to win a WS for a few years that doesn't mean we shouldn't do things in between now and then to prepare for it. I am just not for spending big money on aging pitchers for long term contracts.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they are waiting for the fall season to be over in the local Little Leagues so they can interview those managers and glean some information from them. That information might help them in future drafts.

Thee could be waiting to see if Jason Garrett gets fired and get some information from him. He did attend a WS game recently so he could have picked up some valuable tidbits.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say that at all. Just because I don't expect to be able to win a WS for a few years that doesn't mean we shouldn't do things in between now and then to prepare for it. I am just not for spending big money on aging pitchers for long term contracts.
neither am I but I would like to see us be active looking at pitching. I would also like to see us be active on the trade market. earlier I mentioned trading Choo & cash (around 20-22M) to the Yankees for Sonny Gray. I would also explore trading Andrus possibly to the Dodgers who have been mentioned as being interested in Andrus (both as a possible replacement for Machado in case Machado moves on or as an option to move to 2B if Machado stays). both these open up positions for our prospects like Ibanez, Lopes etc in the IF. passing on Chirinos opens the door for Trevino and IKF. trading Deshields opens the door for Heineman & Cole if we move Gallo to DH

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neither am I but I would like to see us be active looking at pitching. I would also like to see us be active on the trade market. earlier I mentioned trading Choo & cash (around 20-22M) to the Yankees for Sonny Gray. I would also explore trading Andrus possibly to the Dodgers who have been mentioned as being interested in Andrus (both as a possible replacement for Machado in case Machado moves on or as an option to move to 2B if Machado stays). both these open up positions for our prospects like Ibanez, Lopes etc in the IF. passing on Chirinos opens the door for Trevino and IKF. trading Deshields opens the door for Heineman & Cole if we move Gallo to DH
With Andrus having an option to get out of his contract after next season that is going to limit what you get for him. Also, I think they view Elvis as someone to help lead the next batch of young players.

I would like to see them trade Odor, but I doubt they even consider that.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they are waiting for the fall season to be over in the local Little Leagues so they can interview those managers and glean some information from them. That information might help them in future drafts.

Thee could be waiting to see if Jason Garrett gets fired and get some information from him. He did attend a WS game recently so he could have picked up some valuable tidbits.

So Nadel was inspired after a convo with you Bennie?

Ha I thought you might like that

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely thinking spending long term for pitching is risky but we might do one next year. Getting in the playoffs 2020 although long shot to get there and even longer if they get in is a good experience. Have to learn how to win.

Of course it would be unwise to mortgage farm for a 2020 run

Probably most of us on board disagree less than what appears

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely thinking spending long term for pitching is risky but we might do one next year. Getting in the playoffs 2020 although long shot to get there and even longer if they get in is a good experience. Have to learn how to win.

Of course it would be unwise to mortgage farm for a 2020 run

Probably most of us on board disagree less than what appears
Did you decide which free agent pitchers we should go after next year and how much we should spend?

Do you think we are signing a pitcher then primarily to fill up the new ballpark?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Nadel was inspired after a convo with you Bennie?

Ha I thought you might like that
I guess JD could be waiting to see if any great baseball minds from Honduras makes their way here in the caravan so he can interview them.

Or, he could be waiting on the election next week to see if any of the losers need a baseball job. Not Beto though, he would want an open clubhouse and he might want to impeach JD.

There are endless possibilities.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Andrus having an option to get out of his contract after next season that is going to limit what you get for him. Also, I think they view Elvis as someone to help lead the next batch of young players.

I would like to see them trade Odor, but I doubt they even consider that.
You may be right about Andrus but the chances are that the opt out would not happen if he were traded to the Dodgers

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you decide which free agent pitchers we should go after next year and how much we should spend?

Do you think we are signing a pitcher then primarily to fill up the new ballpark?

Question 1. Not yet
Question 2. Somewhat

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watched him play as a kid. Great player. Good article

Kelleyman