• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas & Georgia Tech to B1G rumors

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-i see a lot of butthurt from your end too buddy. a lot of b12 homers try to dismiss these moves as irrelevant when that couldnt be further from the truth.

-if you dont care about the state of texas's tv contracts then call me in 15 years when those decisions about tv contracts that texas made lead to the inevitable collapse of the b12.

-it was other texas fans who started talking about how great the LHN is, sorry but im just educating them on that myth

You're barking up the wrong tree. I really don't follow or care about TV contracts. Aside from an interest in the OU/Texas rivalry staying intact I've never been crazy about the conference. Never been a fan of the BigXII. If it had been left up to me, OU, A&M and Texas would have been in the SEC 17 years ago. Regardless of TV and because of their wealth Texas will be OK.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LHN was a pretty good idea until it was determined that they couldn't show high school games.

Pretty hard for a 24/7/365 network to come up with enough interesting content.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LHN was a pretty good idea until it was determined that they couldn't show high school games.

it was never a good idea. it is a very flawed idea from its foundation. its just 1 school with 1 fanbase. granted texas is the best school/fanbase you can get and only notre dame comes close. the fact is that no team could have pulled it off, not even texas. the only reason why ESPN did this was because of their jealousy of the NBC/notre dame deal. ESPN wanted their own school that they could own just like how NBC owns notre dame.

now with the texas high school games this coulda been at the least a network capable of being viable on the regional level, it could even be good enough to get bundled on a carrier or two, but the second it lost those HS games it lost any chance it had at being a somewhat successful network.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bingo. And that's what's so ironic about this topic. Everybody outside of Austin was having a hissy fit because they thought they would be put at a disadvantage by the Longhorns having their own network. Now all we are hearing about is how it sucks.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. And that's what's so ironic about this topic. Everybody outside of Austin was having a hissy fit because they thought they would be put at a disadvantage by the Longhorns having their own network. Now all we are hearing about is how it sucks.

everyone in the b12 had a hissy fit because texas flatout lied to them about what exactly they were planning to do with the LHN. they then included something that was clearly in violation of NCAA rules which is why the NCAA & b12 came down so hard on them.

everyone else was pissed at texas because they tooka deal that every other school would be too classy to take. texas fans love to say "you are jealous because you cant have one" but what they dont get is that michigan osu alabama & usc are all not actively engaged in getting their own school networks, they all care more about strengthening their conference and not resorting to these sleezy tactics that they are too self conscientious to do.

the only reason why we tell you how much it sucks is because you guys keep saying how much it rocks

sorry but texas/espn got burned (and rightfully so) by the failure of the LHN and I for one am loving it:laugh3:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was never a good idea. it is a very flawed idea from its foundation. its just 1 school with 1 fanbase. granted texas is the best school/fanbase you can get and only notre dame comes close. the fact is that no team could have pulled it off, not even texas. the only reason why ESPN did this was because of their jealousy of the NBC/notre dame deal. ESPN wanted their own school that they could own just like how NBC owns notre dame.

now with the texas high school games this coulda been at the least a network capable of being viable on the regional level, it could even be good enough to get bundled on a carrier or two, but the second it lost those HS games it lost any chance it had at being a somewhat successful network.

Since the network is only 3 years old it may be a little early to say it was a bad idea or a failure. Especially, since their big 3 sports have been in the shitter those three years. I suspect that will change sooner rather than later. I do know that if ESPN was jealous of the Norte Dame TV deal they couldn't have picked a better school to partner with.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the network is only 3 years old it may be a little early to say it was a bad idea or a failure. Especially, since their big 3 sports have been in the shitter those three years. I suspect that will change sooner rather than later. I do know that if ESPN was jealous of the Norte Dame TV deal they couldn't have picked a better school to partner with.

you serious? the p12 & btn have had massive success in their first 3 years. the LHN has no chance of being successful. all the pickups they have made have been by 2nd rate cable providers or 1st rate cable providers who were desperate for more sportscoverage.

i got the BTN for free in my dorm room (i go to a p12 school). meanwhile LHN just got distribution to over 25% of austin households......:clap::clap:way to go LHN:clap::clap:

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saying "its only been 3 years" we dont know how good the network is yet." is like saying "its only been 3 years....we dont know how good our president is yet"

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone in the b12 had a hissy fit because texas flatout lied to them about what exactly they were planning to do with the LHN. they then included something that was clearly in violation of NCAA rules which is why the NCAA & b12 came down so hard on them.

everyone else was pissed at texas because they tooka deal that every other school would be too classy to take. texas fans love to say "you are jealous because you cant have one" but what they dont get is that michigan osu alabama & usc are all not actively engaged in getting their own school networks, they all care more about strengthening their conference and not resorting to these sleezy tactics that they are too self conscientious to do.

the only reason why we tell you how much it sucks is because you guys keep saying how much it rocks

sorry but texas/espn got burned (and rightfully so) by the failure of the LHN and I for one am loving it:laugh3:

I've never watched a second of LHN, have you?

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saying "its only been 3 years" we dont know how good the network is yet." is like saying "its only been 3 years....we dont know how good our president is yet"

That's not what I said. I said it's to early to say whether it's a bad idea or a failure.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you serious? the p12 & btn have had massive success in their first 3 years. the LHN has no chance of being successful. all the pickups they have made have been by 2nd rate cable providers or 1st rate cable providers who were desperate for more sportscoverage.

i got the BTN for free in my dorm room (i go to a p12 school). meanwhile LHN just got distribution to over 25% of austin households......:clap::clap:way to go LHN:clap::clap:

From what I just read that's just over twice (12%) what it was the year before. I think your anti UT bias is showing.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea.

What is pretty funny is that you say the LHN had Nebraska's panties in a bunch. And now you admit you have no idea why Oklahoma threatened to leave the Big 12 in September of 2011.

Would you happen to know when the LHN contract was signed? I do. December 24, 2010.

Are you aware that Colorado and Nebraska announced they were leaving the Big 12 in June of 2010?

Now, most people know that JUNE of 2010 is six months BEFORE December of 2010. But since you are an admitted Texas fan, you might not know that.

So, since you don't know why Oklahoma threatened to leave the Big 12 and obviously, the LHN had nothing to do with Colorado and Nebraska leaving the Big 12 because it did not even EXIST yet, maybe, just maybe there are other reasons.

It is quite obvious from your quote, that you don't know.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I just read that's just over twice (12%) what it was the year before. I think your anti UT bias is showing.

yeah so they went from very terrible in distribution to just regular terrible. they have seen a very small increase and thats nothing to celebrate.

the pac12 network had 60 million viewers in its first year

sorry but your texas stupidity is showing

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is pretty funny is that you say the LHN had Nebraska's panties in a bunch. And now you admit you have no idea why Oklahoma threatened to leave the Big 12 in September of 2011.

Would you happen to know when the LHN contract was signed? I do. December 24, 2010.

Are you aware that Colorado and Nebraska announced they were leaving the Big 12 in June of 2010?

Now, most people know that JUNE of 2010 is six months BEFORE December of 2010. But since you are an admitted Texas fan, you might not know that.

So, since you don't know why Oklahoma threatened to leave the Big 12 and obviously, the LHN had nothing to do with Colorado and Nebraska leaving the Big 12 because it did not even EXIST yet, maybe, just maybe there are other reasons.

It was common knowledge amongst Big XII schools that Texas was seriously kicking around the idea of the LHN network long before 2010. At least, that's what I was reading in the Dallas MN two or three years before the deal was finalized. And let's be serious here. Tom Osborne had his shorts in a knot concerning Texas long before anybody mentioned the LHN. Watching his Huskers getting beat on a regular basis by Texas probably didn't help matters, either.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah so they went from very terrible in distribution to just regular terrible. they have seen a very small increase and thats nothing to celebrate.

the pac12 network had 60 million viewers in its first year

sorry but your texas stupidity is showing

You're comparing conference (12 teams) viewership to one team's network. You're anti Texas bias is showing, again.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was common knowledge amongst Big XII schools that Texas was seriously kicking around the idea of the LHN network long before 2010. At least, that's what I was reading in the Dallas MN two or three years before the deal was finalized. And let's be serious here. Tom Osborne had his shorts in a knot concerning Texas long before anybody mentioned the LHN. Watching his Huskers getting beat on a regular basis by Texas probably didn't help matters, either.

Are you deflecting now? Tom Osborne had his shorts in a knot in 1995 before the Big 12 was formed because of Texas. The formation of the Big 12 was one reason why Osborne retired.

So far, we have established these facts from you.

You first said Nebraska left the Big 12 because of the LHN but now it is the idea of the LHN. Since I proved that the LHN could not have caused Nebraska's departure since it did not exist yet.

You don't know why Oklahoma threatened to leave in September of 2011, but you know for fact that the idea of the LHN caused Nebraska and Colorado to leave, even though the LHN did not exist until December 2010 and Colorado and Nebraska left before the LHN was signed into existence.

Why can't you come up with a reason why Oklahoma wanted to leave in September 2011? You seem to be so knowledgable on all things Big 12.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. A thread that turns into obsessing and bashing THEE University of Texas.

This is something new.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See post #293...

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you deflecting now? Tom Osborne had his shorts in a knot in 1995 before the Big 12 was formed because of Texas. The formation of the Big 12 was one reason why Osborne retired.

So far, we have established these facts from you.

You first said Nebraska left the Big 12 because of the LHN but now it is the idea of the LHN. Since I proved that the LHN could not have caused Nebraska's departure since it did not exist yet.

You don't know why Oklahoma threatened to leave in September of 2011, but you know for fact that the idea of the LHN caused Nebraska and Colorado to leave, even though the LHN did not exist until December 2010 and Colorado and Nebraska left before the LHN was signed into existence.

Why can't you come up with a reason why Oklahoma wanted to leave in September 2011? You seem to be so knowledgable on all things Big 12.

I honestly don't recall OU making any threats to ever part company with Texas over the LHN network. By doing so, they would be cutting their own throats as far as ever recruiting in Texas again. See Arkansas.

I'm telling you that Nebraska and the Big XII schools had knowledge of the LHN network before ESPN and Texas ever signed a contract. That's a fact. And it's also a fact that, among a host of other NU complaints, the LHN influenced Nebraska's decision to leave.
I think I'm debating with a butt hurt Husker fan that should be concentrating on the Big 10 and the Huskers continued mediocrity there rather than worrying about the LHN.