• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas & Georgia Tech to B1G rumors

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the previous Texas poster said, you are full of bullshit. 1st and foremost, Texas never started snooping around at other conferences. The Big 10 asked Texas and Notre Dame to join. Texas did not contact the Big 10 at all. The Big 10 was all over Texas's nutsack. Once Texas and ND told the Big 10 no, they then had to settle for sloppy thirds and extended an invite to their 3rd choice
-------
I want some of waht you're smokin' Texasexes. You've never fully understood some of the deep ties Nebraska had with the Big 10. It was those ties that lead to Nebraska finding out that the Longhorns were sniffing around the B1G. We (as in the school) got warned about this from B1G sources and then it ultimately got to Nebraska papers. Of course, Texas denied it but the damage was already done. Get off your high horse if you think you can lie about something like that. YOU did the snooping because YOU were after more money (the thing you always accuse Nebraska of you were in fact the guilty party).

2nd, the Big 12 shares all 1st and 2nd tier revenue equally, like all the conferences. Basically, once Nebraska ran away from the problem they created in the 1st place (NU was always in favor of unequal revenue sharing), and the other 3 schools left and WVU and TCU were added, the Big 12 members voted in favor of sharing revenue on an equal basis (all Big 12 members receive a $20M payout), so I don't understand what you mean about Texas never agreeing to revenue sharing. Again, if you think Texas should share their 3rd tier revenue with other conference members, then Nebraska, tOSU, Wisconsin, UF, Arkansas, FSU, KU, KSU, OU, WVU etc, etc all should split their 3rd tier revenue with their conference members as well.
-------
You didn't even consider equal splits in revenue until the Big 12 almost imploded. You had snooped around the B1G, the ACc, almost bolted to the Pac, all of which rebuffed you mainly because all of those conferences either were already splitting revenue or were about to thanks to the success of the B1G Network. Were it not for Oklahoma and a couple of other schools from the Big 12 that leaned on you the then status quo would still reign.

Now as to the LHN? You pretty well showed your true colors in allowing ESPN to attmt to showcase things that even the NCAA said no to. All for the almighty dollar. You may have a 30 deal with ESPN but I won't give it ten years before the network buys you out. Few if any major cable outlets have picked up the LHN and that's what you need for ESPN to make money. Espn isn't making money because quite frankly other than Texas alums NO ONE CARE about the LHN. The only way ESPN would make money is if Texas went independant and then ESPN could show all your football games and other sports as well. But from what I've read about the current Big 12 contract, you'd pay a pretty steep price to get out of that not to mention years of litigation from the Big 12 and by the ESPN won't have anything to do with you regardless.

As I've said before, by your own misdeeds, you've boxed your school into a corner. Either stay in the Big 12 or go indie after the Big 12 contract expires. And if you do go indie it will be too little too late.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
There's too much revenue sharing on different levels for Texas to gree to joing the B1G.

Per the Big XII agreement all teams in the Big XII share TV revenue equally. 26 million each. Prior to the current agreement TV revenues were shared according to TV appearances with Texas, Oklahoma, and NEBRASKA getting the biggest share.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the previous Texas poster said, you are full of bullshit. 1st and foremost, Texas never started snooping around at other conferences. The Big 10 asked Texas and Notre Dame to join. Texas did not contact the Big 10 at all. The Big 10 was all over Texas's nutsack. Once Texas and ND told the Big 10 no, they then had to settle for sloppy thirds and extended an invite to their 3rd choice
-------
I want some of waht you're smokin' Texasexes. You've never fully understood some of the deep ties Nebraska had with the Big 10. It was those ties that lead to Nebraska finding out that the Longhorns were sniffing around the B1G. We (as in the school) got warned about this from B1G sources and then it ultimately got to Nebraska papers. Of course, Texas denied it but the damage was already done. Get off your high horse if you think you can lie about something like that. YOU did the snooping because YOU were after more money (the thing you always accuse Nebraska of you were in fact the guilty party).

2nd, the Big 12 shares all 1st and 2nd tier revenue equally, like all the conferences. Basically, once Nebraska ran away from the problem they created in the 1st place (NU was always in favor of unequal revenue sharing), and the other 3 schools left and WVU and TCU were added, the Big 12 members voted in favor of sharing revenue on an equal basis (all Big 12 members receive a $20M payout), so I don't understand what you mean about Texas never agreeing to revenue sharing. Again, if you think Texas should share their 3rd tier revenue with other conference members, then Nebraska, tOSU, Wisconsin, UF, Arkansas, FSU, KU, KSU, OU, WVU etc, etc all should split their 3rd tier revenue with their conference members as well.
-------
You didn't even consider equal splits in revenue until the Big 12 almost imploded. You had snooped around the B1G, the ACc, almost bolted to the Pac, all of which rebuffed you mainly because all of those conferences either were already splitting revenue or were about to thanks to the success of the B1G Network. Were it not for Oklahoma and a couple of other schools from the Big 12 that leaned on you the then status quo would still reign.

Now as to the LHN? You pretty well showed your true colors in allowing ESPN to attmt to showcase things that even the NCAA said no to. All for the almighty dollar. You may have a 30 deal with ESPN but I won't give it ten years before the network buys you out. Few if any major cable outlets have picked up the LHN and that's what you need for ESPN to make money. Espn isn't making money because quite frankly other than Texas alums NO ONE CARE about the LHN. The only way ESPN would make money is if Texas went independant and then ESPN could show all your football games and other sports as well. But from what I've read about the current Big 12 contract, you'd pay a pretty steep price to get out of that not to mention years of litigation from the Big 12 and by the ESPN won't have anything to do with you regardless.

As I've said before, by your own misdeeds, you've boxed your school into a corner. Either stay in the Big 12 or go indie after the Big 12 contract expires. And if you do go indie it will be too little too late.

Dude, here's some reality for you. Your little bitty state is in the middle of nowhere and the days of Osborne plucking some 300 lb. dummy that can't spell cat out of the cornfields and putting him on scholarship are over. Nebraska is on an island and is destined to be just another Big 10 team.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, here's some reality for you. Your little bitty state is in the middle of nowhere and the days of Osborne plucking some 300 lb. dummy that can't spell cat out of the cornfields and putting him on scholarship are over. Nebraska is on an island and is destined to be just another Big 10 team.
-------
Says the guy whose football team couldn't even beat BYU or Ol' Moss er Miss this year. BTW we are in the middle of nowhere & our weather sucks as well but we've been ranked more weeks this year than Texas has.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per the Big XII agreement all teams in the Big XII share TV revenue equally. 26 million each. Prior to the current agreement TV revenues were shared according to TV appearances with Texas, Oklahoma, and NEBRASKA getting the biggest share.
-------
They do now but that was pretty much forced on Texas when every other major conference strted doing it. Also, other conferences share other monies that according to Texas fans is stupid. So, again, you're stuck where you are or else go independant.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Gotta respond to this one again. Notice this clown never adresses what someone posts (could it be it's the truth?) all he does is deflect by piss poor logic.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The arrogant fan base...the last resort of the run and done bunch.
What happens in the Pac 12 and the BIG 10 doesn't matter. The Big 10 got Nebraska, the left coast conference got Colorado and the SEC got A&M and Missouri. Losing any four of them is no big loss. Colorado and Nebraska have seen their better days and will never be what they once were. Missouri will be what they have always been as well as A&M...have a couple of good years, crow about it then settle in to a decade of mediocre football. The SEC, the BIG 10 and the Pac 12 are still two team conferences just like the Big 12.
--------
Except the B1G, the Pac the SEC even the ACC pull in more monies due to their own conference network which is something the Big 12 lacks.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas can still pluck players that can't spell cat though.

Exhibit A: 2005 Texas's Vince Young.
Evidence: Wonderlic score of 6 out of 50. A score of 20 represents an IQ of 100.

NFL Tight End, Benjamin Watson from Georgia scored a 48

Sample questions for Wonderlic

1. Paper sells for 21 cents a pad. What will four pads cost?
2. The ninth month of the year is? October, January, June, September, or May.
3. Which number is the following group of numbers represents the smallest number? 7, .8, 31, .33, or 2

Other QB wonderlic scores

Blaine Gabbert 42
Alex Smtih 40
Eli Manning 39
Colin Kaepernink 38
Ryan Tannehill 34
Tom Brady 33
Matt Ryan 32
Matt Schaub 31
Phillip Rivers 30
Andy Dalton 29

Michael Vick 20, the lowest score of the starting QBs in the NFL

The University of Texas with its high academic standards continues to lag the rest of the Big 12 in graduating success rates for its athletes(we wont even call Texas players student athletes). If it were not for Oklahoma, Texas would be last.

Nebraska has the highest amount of Academic All Americans.

You would think that Texas, that enrolls more students each year than the University of Nebraska has total students, would just by SHEER numbers lead the nation in Academic All Americans. A school that is four times the size, and supposedly STRESSES academics, should easily lead the nation in Academic All Americans. BTW, Academic All Americans includes all athletes, even Texas's underwater basketweaving team.

Last edited by a moderator:

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The arrogant fan base...the last resort of the run and done bunch.
What happens in the Pac 12 and the BIG 10 doesn't matter. The Big 10 got Nebraska, the left coast conference got Colorado and the SEC got A&M and Missouri. Losing any four of them is no big loss. Colorado and Nebraska have seen their better days and will never be what they once were. Missouri will be what they have always been as well as A&M...have a couple of good years, crow about it then settle in to a decade of mediocre football. The SEC, the BIG 10 and the Pac 12 are still two team conferences just like the Big 12.

yeah....texas fans try to deny that their fanbase is arrogant.....

but this board debunks that notion

and the underlined part just shows their stupidity

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what? For two reasons the SEC, Big 10 or Pac 12 would take Texas in their conferences in a heart beat. One being a massive TV market and the other is the recruiting base that the market reaches.

obviously not because texas isnt in those conferences right now.......

they will all take texas.....but by no means will they take texas on "texas terms" same with notre dame

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except the B1G, the Pac the SEC even the ACC pull in more monies due to their
own conference network which is something the Big 12 lacks.

The SEC Network doesn't even start until 2014.

The SEC was the leader in using 3rd tier networks AND it worked fantastic for them.
Florida, UK, and ALabama had nearly a decade headstart on Texas for the private network money.
Heck Texas was only the 3rd Big 12 team to do it.

The SEC dominated football while being the unquestioned leader in private networks.
Expansion to 14 (and the planned 16) is the only reason they adopted the SEC Network.

If they stayed at 12, they don't unanimously agree to an SEC Network.

Florida and UK were making over 10 million a year on their private networks.
14 or 16 teams is the only way the footprint and available programming would be enough......

Arkansas and Miss State were making ZERO.
Uf and UK were not sharing a damn penny until they were guaranteed at least 10 million from an SEC Network.

The Big 12 only has 10 teams.
A Big 12 network makes little sense for a 10 team league.
Texas, Kansas, OU, and WVU would take insane pay cuts.

Why should the Mountaineers, Sooners, Jayhawks, and Longhorns take pay cuts?
Nobody else in the conference network era took pay cuts in other leagues.

if the Big 12 expands into Florida, I imagine they will create a network.
But for now, it works just fine without one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if someone has already mentioned this but I think the strongest variable in the future will be how we watch sporting events.
15-years ago, the majority of sporting events were on broadcast TV, now most are on cable, how will we be watching in 5, 10 or 15 years? I personally believe the majority will be a la carte, some sort of pay-per-view or seasonal package deal, drastically changing the way contracts are made with conferences.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if someone has already mentioned this but I think the strongest variable in the future will be how we watch sporting events.
15-years ago, the majority of sporting events were on broadcast TV, now most are on cable, how will we be watching in 5, 10 or 15 years? I personally believe the majority will be a la carte, some sort of pay-per-view or seasonal package deal, drastically changing the way contracts are made with conferences.
I'm pissed at you ... here we had about 5 pages of posts running between Texas and Nebraska morons about which team sucks less, and whether Texas is responsible for all the world's ills (or course, duh), and you have to go and post something that it actually interesting and worthy of discussion. Way to go ... nice job.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hadn't really followed the TV stuff much till a couple of days ago, but as I started reading about the LHN I came across an article about Google wanting to get involved with it. And it makes sense from a marketing stand point when you can go from a possible 12 million viewers to 230 million. And I believe you're right. It's not going to be free.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pissed at you ... here we had about 5 pages of posts running between Texas and Nebraska morons about which team sucks less, and whether Texas is responsible for all the world's ills (or course, duh), and you have to go and post something that it actually interesting and worthy of discussion. Way to go ... nice job.

I'm kinda new on here, my sincerest apologies.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC Network doesn't even start until 2014.

The SEC was the leader in using 3rd tier networks AND it worked fantastic for them.
Florida, UK, and ALabama had nearly a decade headstart on Texas for the private network money.
Heck Texas was only the 3rd Big 12 team to do it.

The SEC dominated football while being the unquestioned leader in private networks.
Expansion to 14 (and the planned 16) is the only reason they adopted the SEC Network.

If they stayed at 12, they don't unanimously agree to an SEC Network.

Florida and UK were making over 10 million a year on their private networks.
14 or 16 teams is the only way the footprint and available programming would be enough......

Arkansas and Miss State were making ZERO.
Uf and UK were not sharing a damn penny until they were guaranteed at least 10 million from an SEC Network.

The Big 12 only has 10 teams.
A Big 12 network makes little sense for a 10 team league.
Texas, Kansas, OU, and WVU would take insane pay cuts.

Why should the Mountaineers, Sooners, Jayhawks, and Longhorns take pay cuts?
Nobody else in the conference network era took pay cuts in other leagues.

if the Big 12 expands into Florida, I imagine they will create a network.
But for now, it works just fine without one.
-------
You have contracts with the major networks and then you have the conference networks. Now the major networks pay out so much to the conference (which I believe for the Big 12 depending on who you believe here) is somewhere between 20-26 million. Most of the other major conferences are in that ballpark as well. But, for example, by the time Nebraska gets to full membership in the B1G, do you know what that network (the B1G network) payout will be per school? A cool 60 million per school per year. Now you tell me why anyone in the Big 12 would want to stay there when eveyone else is getting big money from the networks and big money from a conference network. Basically the B1G network is for 3rd tier rights for the whole conference in every sport. Revenue sharing even on that level. What a concept.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
You have contracts with the major networks and then you have the conference networks. Now the major networks pay out so much to the conference (which I believe for the Big 12 depending on who you believe here) is somewhere between 20-26 million. Most of the other major conferences are in that ballpark as well. But, for example, by the time Nebraska gets to full membership in the B1G, do you know what that network (the B1G network) payout will be per school? A cool 60 million per school per year. Now you tell me why anyone in the Big 12 would want to stay there when eveyone else is getting big money from the networks and big money from a conference network. Basically the B1G network is for 3rd tier rights for the whole conference in every sport. Revenue sharing even on that level. What a concept.

LMAO. Even Nebraska voted AGAINST a conference network and equal revenue sharing in the Big12 100% of the time they voted.

Please, stop posting about this nonsense now. NU is not innocent in this, they contributed to it by their own voting record. Can we end this drivel now???

snakeelix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation and masturbation

Which is worse, endless speculation by folks who have no power, insight and/or influence as to the subject of said speculation or masturbation? Well at least with masturbation you get some result

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heres the TRUTH about the b12s tier 3 rights

ive seen a lot of stats posted by big 12 proponents about how they have such massive tier 3 deals. (for example wvu has one of the highest tier 3 deals)

ive seen a lot of figures for some other b12 deals that look really impressive however.......

i was researching ohio states tier 3 and found that they sold tier 3 for 11 million a year to IMG, however that doesnt include a single televised game of any kind. that 11 million a year figure includes only branding, marketing, an urben meyer tv show, & radio (which all teams retain anyways regardless of where they play) in otherwords not a single thing included in that tier 3 deal with IMG was produced with the help of another school.

and to top it off, this is just one of SEVEN sponsorship deals that osu has. others include campus signage (as opposed to stadium signage) publishing rights etc. that account for a couple more million a year

meanwhile wvu has (and their fans love to brag about) their 6.6 mill a year tier 3 deal which also is with IMG, however IMG gets.....
-television rights to one ooc football game
-television rights to mens & womens BB games not selected by networks
-radio rights
-coaches television shows
-advertising opportunities
-signage
-sponsorships

the disparity in "bang for buck" is absolutely mindblowing and this just shows how unfair it is to compare the dollar figure between schools tier 3 deals. osu gves up nothing to img while wvu gives up pretty much everything.

meanwhile up until 2008 michigan (and what a lot of major programs still do) didnt even sell these sponsorship & signage rights at all. they managed them in house retaining that money on their own. when UM finally did sell them to IMG they got 7.1 mill a year which included only corporate sponsorships, hospitality and coaches endorsements, as well as manage coaches TV and radio shows. they retained the rights to local tv coverage & apparel rights all while without giving up the tv rights to a single game. (michigan gets 7.5 mill a year on apparel rights)

and to put the final nail in the coffin as to how these individual tier 3 rights really work in the big picture.....

texas gets 11 mill a year for the LHN, a deal that includes pretty much everything texas has to give tier 3 wise (espn gets everything UT down to even the mack browns tv shows). and you wanna know what the kicker is to the LHN deal??? that 15 mill a year is inaccurate because 4 mill of it has to go to IMG each year because texas sold part of its tier 3 rights to IMG a couple of years ago which ESPN/texas had to buy back from IMG

meanwhile osu gets their 11 mill tier 3 from img & 8.1 mill from the btn for a total of 19.1 mill per year on an equal revenue sharing model.

so in reality....which school gets more for tier 3? because texas sure has been pushing this myth that they have the largest tier 3 income

this really makes me suspect of all those other mega tier 3 deals that we have seen particularly out of the b12. it gives a false appearance that all the money they make on corporate sponsorships, signage etc. to look like it came from TV money from tier 3. and give a false sense that by not having a conference network they are making a lot more money by selling off these tier 3 tv rights individually. when thats not the case at all

its really just a white lie by the schools to make them appear that they are making a lot more money than they really are. and for now on anytime i hear a "fsu can make more money in the b12 because of tier 3" comment im gonna call BS.

snakeelix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow

heres the TRUTH about the b12s tier 3 rights

ive seen a lot of stats posted by big 12 proponents about how they have such massive tier 3 deals. (for example wvu has one of the highest tier 3 deals)

ive seen a lot of figures for some other b12 deals that look really impressive however.......

i was researching ohio states tier 3 and found that they sold tier 3 for 11 million a year to IMG, however that doesnt include a single televised game of any kind. that 11 million a year figure includes only branding, marketing, an urben meyer tv show, & radio (which all teams retain anyways regardless of where they play) in otherwords not a single thing included in that tier 3 deal with IMG was produced with the help of another school.

and to top it off, this is just one of SEVEN sponsorship deals that osu has. others include campus signage (as opposed to stadium signage) publishing rights etc. that account for a couple more million a year

meanwhile wvu has (and their fans love to brag about) their 6.6 mill a year tier 3 deal which also is with IMG, however IMG gets.....
-television rights to one ooc football game
-television rights to mens & womens BB games not selected by networks
-radio rights
-coaches television shows
-advertising opportunities
-signage
-sponsorships

the disparity in "bang for buck" is absolutely mindblowing and this just shows how unfair it is to compare the dollar figure between schools tier 3 deals. osu gves up nothing to img while wvu gives up pretty much everything.

meanwhile up until 2008 michigan (and what a lot of major programs still do) didnt even sell these sponsorship & signage rights at all. they managed them in house retaining that money on their own. when UM finally did sell them to IMG they got 7.1 mill a year which included only corporate sponsorships, hospitality and coaches endorsements, as well as manage coaches TV and radio shows. they retained the rights to local tv coverage & apparel rights all while without giving up the tv rights to a single game. (michigan gets 7.5 mill a year on apparel rights)

and to put the final nail in the coffin as to how these individual tier 3 rights really work in the big picture.....

texas gets 11 mill a year for the LHN, a deal that includes pretty much everything texas has to give tier 3 wise (espn gets everything UT down to even the mack browns tv shows). and you wanna know what the kicker is to the LHN deal??? that 15 mill a year is inaccurate because 4 mill of it has to go to IMG each year because texas sold part of its tier 3 rights to IMG a couple of years ago which ESPN/texas had to buy back from IMG

meanwhile osu gets their 11 mill tier 3 from img & 8.1 mill from the btn for a total of 19.1 mill per year on an equal revenue sharing model.

so in reality....which school gets more for tier 3? because texas sure has been pushing this myth that they have the largest tier 3 income

this really makes me suspect of all those other mega tier 3 deals that we have seen particularly out of the b12. it gives a false appearance that all the money they make on corporate sponsorships, signage etc. to look like it came from TV money from tier 3. and give a false sense that by not having a conference network they are making a lot more money by selling off these tier 3 tv rights individually. when thats not the case at all

its really just a white lie by the schools to make them appear that they are making a lot more money than they really are. and for now on anytime i hear a "fsu can make more money in the b12 because of tier 3" comment im gonna call BS.

Never has so much precious bandwidth been killed for so little result