• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas & Georgia Tech to B1G rumors

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think this "they were butthurt that we owned them" routine is just butthurt from texas fans that these schols left. there were a number of factors but this clearly wasnt one of them

cu, the poster child for mediocrity, especially in Colorado where there are other teams much more enjoyable to watch.

truth hurts, don't it johnny boy :laugh3:

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sure it was. More often than not we owned them. They couldn't stand it and ran off to the Big 10.

How's that working out for them?

no matter what conf cu is in, they still suck. you can put all the lipstick you want on a pig, cu in this instance, but it is still a pig....

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I am ignoring it. I'm ignoring it because most of those games were played by two mediocre teams who were both looking up at someone else. To pretend that Texas stood in Nebraska's way all those years, when Nebraska fans were dying to renew an annual rivalry with THE REAL dominant team in the conference, is pretty ridiculous. Head to head is nice and all, but it had nothing to do with Nebraska's failure to dominate. Any more than Nebraska has to do with Texas' failure to dominate.

Texas and Nebraska played 10 times while in the Big12. Nebby was ranked in 7 of those games and only won 1 game. You have an odd understanding of the word, "most".

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas and Nebraska played 10 times while in the Big12. Nebby was ranked in 7 of those games and only won 1 game. You have an odd understanding of the word, "most".

Yes. They were ranked. And ended with 3-5 losses. You played them, for the most part, in their decline. And once again, try my argument as a whole on for size. Texas fans get all stupid about this shit. You really think the results in your head to head have everything(or much at all) to do with Nebraska leaving? Get a clue.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. They were ranked. And ended with 3-5 losses. You played them, for the most part, in their decline. And once again, try my argument as a whole on for size. Texas fans get all stupid about this shit. You really think the results in your head to head have everything(or much at all) to do with Nebraska leaving? Get a clue.

Really?

1996 #3 Nebby lost to Texas finished 11-2 EOS ranked #6
1998 #7 Nebby lost at home to Texas finished 9-4 EOS ranked #20/#19
1999 #3 Nebby lost 24-20 to Texas finished 12-1 EOS ranked #2/#3
2003 #12/#9 Nebby lost 31-7 to Texas finished 10-3 EOS ranked #18/#19
2006 #17/#16 Nebby lost 22-10 to Texas at home finished 9-5 EOS unranked
2009 #21/#20 Nebby lost 13-12 to Texas in the Big 12 Title game finished 10-4 EOS ranked #14
2010 #7/#6 Nebby lost 20-13 to Texas at home finished 10-4 EOS ranked #19/#20

If these teams were the worst in Nebby history, you have an odd understanding of 'worst'. :lame:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Neb. was dominating the Big 12, do you think they would have left?

Here we go, the thread is about Texas and GT to the B1G and a Texas Poster asks about Nebraska.

No mention whatsoever of the topic. My opinion only.

if you are only talking about football, maybe.

Osborne was unhappy from day -365 in the Big 12. That is one year earlier than day one, when some of the teams in the Big 8 decided to side with the four Texas Schools in the voting.

At that point, the writing was on the wall.

What was funny, some of these same schools were MAD that Nebraska wanted to leave, even though they continually voted against whatever Nebraska voted for.

Midnight, if you do not include football then how do you measure it? If you go by conference championships in all sports, then Texas was #1 and Nebraska was #2 in the Big 12.

Texas has four times the student body, better weather, and better recruits.

I think Nebraska and Texas were actually tied head to head in baseball. Yup, tied head to head in the series on wins and losses. Texas which had won national baseball championships was being tied by lowly Nebraska where you can only play baseball for about five months. Texas won six Big 12 Conference Championships and somehow Nebraska won three Big 12 Conference Championships. But this is not a baseball board.

Do you go by money? Lowly populated Nebraska somehow actually makes money in the athletic department.

Do you go by Academic All Americans? In that case, Nebraska dominated the Big 12.

Do you go by Nobel Peace Prizes? OK, no clue on this one, but chances are Texas which has the second largest alumni base in America(Michigan #1, but I am guessing on this) probably has this one just because of the Law of Probability.

Do you go by wealthiest alumni?

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking to see if I could find who won and lost the most between UNL and OU since the Big 12 was formed and couldn't find it.

Thread is about Texas and Georgia Tech to B1G.

Why worry about OU and Nebraska? Not to mention, if you could not find it, your internet saviness is not very good.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go, the thread is about Texas and GT to the B1G and a Texas Poster asks about Nebraska.

No mention whatsoever of the topic. My opinion only.

if you are only talking about football, maybe.

Osborne was unhappy from day -365 in the Big 12. That is one year earlier than day one, when some of the teams in the Big 8 decided to side with the four Texas Schools in the voting.

At that point, the writing was on the wall.

What was funny, some of these same schools were MAD that Nebraska wanted to leave, even though they continually voted against whatever Nebraska voted for.

Midnight, if you do not include football then how do you measure it? If you go by conference championships in all sports, then Texas was #1 and Nebraska was #2 in the Big 12.

Texas has four times the student body, better weather, and better recruits.

I think Nebraska and Texas were actually tied head to head in baseball. Yup, tied head to head in the series on wins and losses. Texas which had won national baseball championships was being tied by lowly Nebraska where you can only play baseball for about five months. Texas won six Big 12 Conference Championships and somehow Nebraska won three Big 12 Conference Championships. But this is not a baseball board.

Do you go by money? Lowly populated Nebraska somehow actually makes money in the athletic department.

Do you go by Academic All Americans? In that case, Nebraska dominated the Big 12.

Do you go by Nobel Peace Prizes? OK, no clue on this one, but chances are Texas which has the second largest alumni base in America(Michigan #1, but I am guessing on this) probably has this one just because of the Law of Probability.

Do you go by wealthiest alumni?

Apologies but on the previous page I DID comment that Texas will not leave the Big 12.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I am ignoring it. I'm ignoring it because most of those games were played by two mediocre teams who were both looking up at someone else. To pretend that Texas stood in Nebraska's way all those years, when Nebraska fans were dying to renew an annual rivalry with THE REAL dominant team in the conference, is pretty ridiculous. Head to head is nice and all, but it had nothing to do with Nebraska's failure to dominate. Any more than Nebraska has to do with Texas' failure to dominate.

And you get an asterisk for one of those rare games when you actually met in the CCG.

Polish that turd, Husker.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Polish that turd, Husker.

Are you allergic to lemon pledge? Do you like a good firm polish or are you sensitive? Cotton or paper?

Also... Look a little more closely, Einstein?

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Nebraska fans will ever get over Texas?
-------
I've gotten over Texas except for all the lies you tell (fotball-wise). Do as you see fit, just don't lie about Nebraska.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
I've gotten over Texas except for all the lies you tell (fotball-wise). Do as you see fit, just don't lie about Nebraska.

That would clear be a "not yet"

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would clear be a "not yet"
-------
Aslong as Texas fans keep up with the bullshit lies I'll counter the. You forget I already said I wouldn't be against Texas in the B1G. But Texas would/will never accept the B1G's terms.