• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Pick for Biggest Bust in all 11 Conferences

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week was Sleeper picks, this week is who do you think will disappoint?

AAC: Temple - I know they're not expected to compete for a conference title or anything but they're expected to still be one of the better teams in the East. I don't think they made a great hire in Rod Carey, a lot of his success is because he was with a steady program at Northern Illinois and even then he still had some bad seasons there. Temple falls apart and only wins 4 games.

ACC: Virginia Tech - I don't know what's going on here, so many players have transferred out of the program the past two years. Has Fuente lost the locker room? Or is he recruiting the wrong guys? Lack of depth is going to prevent Virginia Tech from contending for the Coastal division, if Fuente has lost the locker room this season could be the end of their bowl streak.

Big 10: Michigan - The playoff contender hype might be a little too much for them. They will once again have a solid season but not one that lives up to expectations. They end up losing 3 regular season games and once again have a bowl letdown against a SEC team.

Big 12: Texas - Texas is not entirely back, would be fun to see them back as it would rustle the jimmies of almost everyone on this board. They have a lot more to replace on their defense than folks realize, they face a tough schedule and their offense currently doesn't have any big play capability. They still have a solid season but end up behind Oklahoma State, Iowa State and of course Oklahoma in the Big 12 standings.

Conference USA: Marshall - Marshall loses a lot from a great defense that kept the team afloat last year, the offense meanwhile had an issue turning the ball over. They face a tough non-conference schedule that includes perhaps the best teams from the MWC, MAC and American in Boise State, Ohio and Cincinnati respectively. The turnovers remain an issue and their defense doesn't bail them out this season, instead of competing for a conference title they barely make a bowl.

MAC: Western Michigan - They bring a lot of experience back from last year and are the overall favorite to win the Mac. Injuries plagued them down the stretch to end last season which caused a downswing but of course gave more players experience. One problem, the 6 toughest games on their schedule are ALL ON THE ROAD, that's an unusual and unfortunate split you don't see often. They have a soft home schedule to get them 6 wins, but that might be all.

MWC: Fresno State - Fresno State had a much better team than people realize last year, Tedford has done an amazing job so far here. However, people also don't realize they lost a lot from last year's excellent team. They take a small step back this year finishing 3rd in the West division behind Hawai'i and San Diego State.

Pac-12: Oregon - I will open this up by mentioning I'm not high on Justin Herbert like everyone else is. I think a lot of his hype is around his size but he's really not that great of a QB. He surprisingly came back and it could be a big mistake. Oregon won't live up to expectations, they take a season opening loss to Auburn and finish behind Washington, Stanford and Washington State in the division.

SEC: Auburn - So yes Oregon/Auburn will be the overhyped season opener that doesn't turn out to be much. This could be the season it all goes wrong for Gus. Auburn's schedule is extremely difficult with the aforementioned opener against Oregon and they play the two good teams from the SEC East in Florida and Georgia. Auburn stumbles to another disappointing season.

Sun Belt: Troy - Honestly this was the toughest one, the Sun Belt has 5 teams that are much better than the rest. Troy lost an excellent coach in Neal Brown. That coaching change causes them to drop off a bit and finish 3rd in the division behind Appalachian State and Georgia Southern.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pac-12: Oregon - I will open this up by mentioning I'm not high on Justin Herbert like everyone else is. I think a lot of his hype is around his size but he's really not that great of a QB. He surprisingly came back and it could be a big mistake. Oregon won't live up to expectations, they take a season opening loss to Auburn and finish behind Washington, Stanford and Washington State in the division.
giphy.gif

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC: Virginia Tech - I don't know what's going on here, so many players have transferred out of the program the past two years. Has Fuente lost the locker room? Or is he recruiting the wrong guys? Lack of depth is going to prevent Virginia Tech from contending for the Coastal division, if Fuente has lost the locker room this season could be the end of their bowl streak.

Big 10: Michigan - The playoff contender hype might be a little too much for them. They will once again have a solid season but not one that lives up to expectations. They end up losing 3 regular season games and once again have a bowl letdown against a SEC team.

Big 12: Texas - Texas is not entirely back, would be fun to see them back as it would rustle the jimmies of almost everyone on this board. They have a lot more to replace on their defense than folks realize, they face a tough schedule and their offense currently doesn't have any big play capability. They still have a solid season but end up behind Oklahoma State, Iowa State and of course Oklahoma in the Big 12 standings.

These 3 had grand expectations to begin with? Lol.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These 3 had grand expectations to begin with? Lol.

Texas and Michigan might start off in the top 10. I’d call that high expectations. Supposedly Michigan is the conference favorite. I’ll believe that when I finally see it. You could say the same for Texas. Gotta prove it first.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference USA: Marshall - Marshall loses a lot from a great defense that kept the team afloat last year, the offense meanwhile had an issue turning the ball over. They face a tough non-conference schedule that includes perhaps the best teams from the MWC, MAC and American in Boise State, Ohio and Cincinnati respectively. The turnovers remain an issue and their defense doesn't bail them out this season, instead of competing for a conference title they barely make a bowl.
I guess expectations have to be higher than one win to be considered a bust, huh? :pout:

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAC: Memphis

ACC: Miami (FL)

B1G: Northwestern

Big 12: Baylor

C-USA: North Texas

MAC: Buffalo

MWC: Utah St.

PAC: Colorado

SEC: Florida

Sun Belt: Louisiana Lafayette

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAC: Memphis

ACC: Miami (FL)

B1G: Northwestern

C-USA: North Texas

MAC: Buffalo

MWC: Utah St.

PAC: Colorado

SEC: Florida

Sun Belt: Louisiana Lafayette
Colorado is already picked to finish dead last in the PAC South by most media and analyst.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAC - Cincinnati
ACC - NC State
B1G - Nebraska - I like Frost and do think he will turn the program around, just not yet.
Big 12 - West Virginia
MAC - Ohio
MWC - Utah State
Pac 12 - Utah
SEC - Kentucky
Sun Belt - Georgia Southern

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say A&M for the SEC. I mean some people think they're gonna challenge bama. Don't see it

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC: Virginia Tech
SEC: Tennessee
Big 10: Michigan
PAC: USC

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not real high on Oregon this year either but even I don't have them THAT low lol.

Losing to Auburn would be bad given I don't see but maybe 2 wins max in the rest of their road games. OD is going to lose his mind several times this year.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B1G - Nebraska - I like Frost and do think he will turn the program around, just not yet.

Totally agree.
Nothing better than 11-3 this year.
Next year is 16-0.

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn and Tennessee just have to high expectations every year. The biggest bust in theSEC every year is Georgia. In orser to make the playoff Georgia is going to have to finally beat Bama and thats something they cant do. UGA always loses one game then loses to Bama and then their season is over and its back to the Outback Bowl again. Outback should give Kirby Smart lifetime free steaks.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan
Miami
Oklahoma
USC
Tennessee

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn and Tennessee just have to high expectations every year. The biggest bust in theSEC every year is Georgia. In orser to make the playoff Georgia is going to have to finally beat Bama and thats something they cant do. UGA always loses one game then loses to Bama and then their season is over and its back to the Outback Bowl again. Outback should give Kirby Smart lifetime free steaks.
Georgia never plays in the outback bowl