• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas & Georgia Tech to B1G rumors

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Nebraska fans will ever get over Texas?

Do you think Texas fans will ever get over Nebraska leaving for the stability and $$ of the Big 10?

With all it's resources and fertile recruiting advantages over it's remaining Big XII bretheren, do you think Texas will ever live up to expectations in being a nationally elite program?

Is beating Nebraska's worst teams in 4 decades, that were also beaten by much smaller programs, Texas' greatest accomplishment?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3, 2, 1...

"We fucking raped you 12-10 !!!!!"

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this, I would love to see Texas join the B1G just so we can watch the massive meltdown from the Corn Hole fan base as they have to endure daddy being back :laugh3:

Texasexes pretty much started getting the thread off track with, from Page 4.

The thread was about Texas and G Tech to the B1G.

Texasexes throws in the insults and daddy.

When he does that, I will gladly take my gloves off and throw some mud on Texas.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vote would be 13-1 with NU voting no, just like it always was in the Big 12. The meltdown would be of epic proportions and would look like this: :bawling::gaah::doh::wtf2:

Here we have Texasexes confirming that all votes were always one sided when Nebraska voted.

Yet, somehow, during the vote for Revenue sharing, since Nebraska has been proven to be the team that voted against it, that would imply that the other 11 teams in the Big 12 voted for it.

But, revenue sharing never passed in the Big 12 while Nebraska was in it. Not to mention, even after Nebraska left it was voted down. hmmmm........

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By strings, I assume you forgot how Nebraska demanded for unequal revenue sharing when the conference was born?

The usual drivel from TexasExes. if TexasExes brings up stuff that is a lie, I am going to counter his statements. If you don't want comebacks, stay on thread topic and it starts with a Texas Poster posting stuff about Nebraska in Texas and GT to B1G thread.

Right here he states Nebraska demanded unequal revenue sharing. but above he states that the votes were always Nebraska with one vote. Since Nebraska always voted by themselves, he is implying that the Equal Revenue Sharing was obviously passed in the Big 12.

Even in the Spring of 2011, Texas voted against Revenue Sharing. Just like it did in every other vote. Just like Texas demanded unequal revenue sharing when the Big 12 was formed. The Unequal Revenue Sharing Plan was based on the Southwest Conference Plan. Not the Big 8s, the Southwest Conference. Just as Texas demanded.

I already shot down that argument by TexasExes numerous times.

Now, how come he can claim that Nebraska demanded unequal revenue sharing, which has NOTHING to do with Texas and GT to the B1G but we are not allowed to counter his statements?

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Texas fans will ever get over Nebraska leaving for the stability and $$ of the Big 10?

With all it's resources and fertile recruiting advantages over it's remaining Big XII bretheren, do you think Texas will ever live up to expectations in being a nationally elite program?

Is beating Nebraska's worst teams in 4 decades, that were also beaten by much smaller programs, Texas' greatest accomplishment?

So, the 1996 #3 Nebby team that lost the first Big 12 Title was one of the worst teams in 4 decades?
The 1998 #7 Nebby team that lost at home to Texas was one of the worst teams in 4 decades?
The 1999 #3 Nebby team that lost 24-20 to Texas was ...?
The 2003 #12/#9 Nebby team that lost 31-7 to Texas was...?
The 2006 #17/#16 Nebby team that lost 22-10 to Texas at home was ...?
The 2009 #21/#20 Nebby team that lost 13-12 to Texas in the Big 12 Title game was ...?
The 2010 #7/#6 Nebby team that lost 20-13 to Texas at home was ...?

Wow, I didn't realize that Nebby had that many teams all those other seasons that were ranked #2 or higher.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Neb. was dominating the Big 12, do you think they would have left?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Neb. was dominating the Big 12, do you think they would have left?

yep.....

because at the end of the day it was texas's ego that killed the conference not texas's athletic dominance.

why do you think the pac sec & b10 never got hit with defections

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see butt hurt texans everywhere

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
serious question longhorns.........

how many of you knew that the LHN pays out less than 11 mill a year to texas and not the 15 mill figure that most have thought it was??????????

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep.....

because at the end of the day it was texas's ego that killed the conference not texas's athletic dominance.

why do you think the pac sec & b10 never got hit with defections

I don't.

I think if Nebraska were owning the Big 12 they'd have stayed because they'd be conference champs, thus giving them a shot at more championships.

Not saying it was the only reason they left but to pretend that their being owned by Texas every year didn't play into it just isn't seeing the whole picture.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it in the other thread, and I guess I'll say it here. Through the brief history of the Big 12, Texas didn't "dominate" the conference any more than Nebraska did. Both had national titles in a year when they didn't play each other. Both had a couple of big romps through the conference. But all in all..... Somebody else dominated the conference. So this whole argument that Nebraska left the Big 12 because they had to play Texas is pretty fucking funny when you really think about it. Because....

Big 12 Championships

1996: Texas
1997: Nebraska
1998: A&M
1999: Nebraska
2000: Oklahoma
2001: Colorado
2002: Oklahoma
2003: Kansas State
2004: Oklahoma
2005: Texas
2006: Oklahoma
2007: Oklahoma
2008: Oklahoma
2009: Texas*
2010: Oklahoma

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're ignoring the record between the two teams, Texas beat Nebraska 9 out of 10 times they played.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're ignoring the record between the two teams, Texas beat Nebraska 9 out of 10 times they played.

Yea I am ignoring it. I'm ignoring it because most of those games were played by two mediocre teams who were both looking up at someone else. To pretend that Texas stood in Nebraska's way all those years, when Nebraska fans were dying to renew an annual rivalry with THE REAL dominant team in the conference, is pretty ridiculous. Head to head is nice and all, but it had nothing to do with Nebraska's failure to dominate. Any more than Nebraska has to do with Texas' failure to dominate.

And you get an asterisk for one of those rare games when you actually met in the CCG.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I am ignoring it. I'm ignoring it because most of those games were played by two mediocre teams who were both looking up at someone else. To pretend that Texas stood in Nebraska's way all those years, when Nebraska fans were dying to renew an annual rivalry with THE REAL dominant team in the conference, is pretty ridiculous. Head to head is nice and all, but it had nothing to do with Nebraska's failure to dominate. Any more than Nebraska has to do with Texas' failure to dominate.

And you get an asterisk for one of those rare games when you actually met in the CCG.

You could have stopped there.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't.

I think if Nebraska were owning the Big 12 they'd have stayed because they'd be conference champs, thus giving them a shot at more championships.

Not saying it was the only reason they left but to pretend that their being owned by Texas every year didn't play into it just isn't seeing the whole picture.

i think this "they were butthurt that we owned them" routine is just butthurt from texas fans that these schols left. there were a number of factors but this clearly wasnt one of them

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think this "they were butthurt that we owned them" routine is just butthurt from texas fans that these schols left. there were a number of factors but this clearly wasnt one of them

Oh sure it was. More often than not we owned them. They couldn't stand it and ran off to the Big 10.

How's that working out for them?