• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas & Georgia Tech to B1G rumors

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual, WRONG ON ALL COUNTS.

You can't rewrite history, clown.

FACT: The TSU-Tech game was not televised. Tech wasn't offered a DIME for that game, because they don't HAVE ANY RIGHTS TO THE GAME DUMBASS.

they were offered a shitload of money + massive perks to play a game on the LHN and tech TURNED IT DOWN. (this wasnt the TSU game) thats when espn went after the TSU game and FORCED them on the LHN. WHAT PART OF THAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!!!! just because texas tech doesnt have any rights to that game doesnt mean that TSU, espn,or UT were right in doing what they did. trying to defend what they did is like trying to defend what wall street did to cause the economic crisis because they didnt break any laws. its one of those cases where they knew exactly what they were doing, they knew it was wrong & they knew therewould be serious consequences to it

TSU owned ALL RIGHTS to the game.

JESUS you're dumb.

And once again.....ESPN is making the LHN part of the ESPN package. ALL carriers that have ESPN will have LHN, along with ESPN2, ESPNU, etc.

they tried to do this, that was their plan to get the network to launch and guess what????? every major carrier balked at that notion. its been 3 years since the network has gotten launched and they have yet to bundle it......do you ever ask yourself why that is???? the LHN is no espn3 or espnU where it has a national appeal. its a 1 fanbase network with limited programing and no network is gonna be bullied into taking a network thats that bad. at the end of the day the LHN is not viable enough to even be bundled on a major carrier. if it were it woulda been bundled by now.

This is not opinion, it's fact. Deal with it. I'm not even sure I know why I respond to you, its clear you don't have clue 1. It's also clear reality is not something you have figured out yet.

you wouldnt know fact if it slapped you silly across the face

:L

Tech was offered NOTHING for the TSU game, clown.

And NO, ESPN has not attempted to put the LHN as a bundle, because their deal with carriers HAS NOT BEEN UP FOR RENEGOTIATION, FOOL

You see, every few years, the contracts ESPN has with ALL the carriers ends.....and they negotiate a new deal. WHEN that occurs, the LHN will be part of the channel lineup. Can you COMPREHEND this, or are you going to post more drivel?

You know what, never mind. You've proven nothing gets through your thick skull. I don't know why I even bother anymore.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if you guys insult each other more we may get to a resolution.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if you guys insult each other more we may get to a resolution.

There is no resolution. He's too stupid to read his own links, or has a clue about anything that he posts. There's no point even talking to that clown.

Demo-D

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just another Texas/LHN hater. People hate what they can't have.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tech @ Texas State was broadcast on one of the ESPNs. So john is either a liar or just dumb as a rock.
Texas State Athletics ESPN To Televise Two Texas State Football Games

no you are just one dumb dumb dumb fuck you cant even read what i post. i specifically stated & mentioned it several times that the game was originally slated to be broadcasted on the LHN and after texas tech threatened to cancel the game did espn finally reconsider.

you are one big fucken dumbass dude. i dont know how i could of been any more clear on that

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Tech was offered NOTHING for the TSU game, clown.
-i already mentioned this. you are too stupid to read apparently

And NO, ESPN has not attempted to put the LHN as a bundle, because their deal with carriers HAS NOT BEEN UP FOR RENEGOTIATION, FOOL

You see, every few years, the contracts ESPN has with ALL the carriers ends.....and they negotiate a new deal. WHEN that occurs, the LHN will be part of the channel lineup. Can you COMPREHEND this, or are you going to post more drivel?

this whole scenario has been a major concern for the cable providers. they were worried about the exact scenario you mentioned and wont let it happen. why? because that sets a precedent for plenty of other espn channels that these networks dont want to also be forced on them. these major carriers already balked at every LHN subscriber fee offer ESPN tried to get and stood firm ground against espn on this very issue. and considering that these networks have gone to war with multiple channels over these very same debates its pretty obvious who runs the show.

dish dropped AMC one of the hottest channels right now. time warner dropped the MSG channel (sabres, rangers, knicks) in all of new york state. these networks will certainly play hardball and they will drop a popular channel if they are told to take it or leave it (they always choose leave it). these are two 800 lb gorilla's going to war. it gets brutal & ugly and theres no way one completely gives in to the other. and at the end of the day both sides always lose so they try to avoid these types of things.

and you are way overestimating espn's willingness to do this. espn will save this sort of fight for a major channel like espn2 or espnU. theres no way that espn a channel that gets $5.06 per subscriber will not renew because a network wont take the LHN which gets just 40 cents* per subscriber.

this is what a major ESPN network said about bundling the LHN with the sec network:
“These are two different networks,” said Connolly, who became head of college network programming in December. “They stand alone. We talk about them alone. When we do big renewals with distributors — I mean the ESPN portfolio — both of these networks will be in that conversation. But we don’t look at it as tying these networks together.”

translation: they are not gonna bundle them

*thats espns value on the LHN which the cable networks think is overpriced so in reality the LHN is worth a lot less. the BTN gets 70 cents per subscriber and they have 14x the teams, & 50x the amount of ncaa sports programing. so in reality the LHN's value is close to nothing

You know what, never mind. You've proven nothing gets through your thick skull. I don't know why I even bother anymore.

i think i just proved that nothing ever gets through your skull, if direct quotes & stats are not enough for you, then i dont know how you can pull the "nothing gets through your skull" card

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the subscriber fee per channel

1. ESPN ($5.06)
2. ESPN 3D ($2.71)
3. 3net ($1.29)
4. TNT ($1.21)
5. Disney Channel ($0.97)
6. NFL Network ($0.84)
7. Fox News ($0.82)
8. ESPN2 ($0.67)
9. USA Network ($0.62)
10. TBS ($0.59)
11(t). MGM HD ($0.58)
11(t). CNN en Espanol ($0.58)
13. CNN/HLN ($0.57)
14. Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite ($0.52)
15. HDNet ($0.47)
16. FX ($0.46)
17(t). Fox College Sports ($0.39)
17(t). MTV ($0.39)
19. HDNet Movies ($0.38)
20(t). Big Ten Network ($0.37)
20(t). Discovery Channel ($0.37)

whats crazy to note is that.....
-espn has 3 channels in the top 8 as well as 2 massive leads in the 1 & 2 spots. even more interesting is that a disney channel (who owns espn) is also in the top 8

-the big ten network is tied at 20. a lot of texas homers like to dismiss this as just a regional network but this proves just how national it is and how much demand it gets.

to put numbers out there: these are just averages among all the deals espn/cnn/btn have with the respective carriers. the btn asked $1.10 from comcast and had to settle on just 70 cents, but their average is only 37 cents. thats negotiating that proves just how little of a chance espn has of getting 40 cents for the LHN

Last edited by a moderator:

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and im gonna rest my case because im pretty sure i just made 1 or 2 texas fans cry

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry but its my duty to educate home texas fans about all the lies they spit out about the LHN

Maybe you should be educating the Missouri, A&M, Colorado and Nebraska fan bases on why/how the LHN doesn't work since that seems to be what had their panties bunched.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should be educating the Missouri, A&M, Colorado and Nebraska fan bases on why/how the LHN doesn't work since that seems to be what had their panties bunched.

Or you could have just said, "I don't know why Nebraska left the BXII."...

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah cuz texas fans only want to hear everything about how good the LHN and nothing about how bad it is

you should ask those 4 schools about their new massive tv contracts & conference stability....that seems to have all the b12 posters panties in a bunch

Demo-D

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey dumbass, did you ever consider the fact that no matter what happens with the LHN Texas will get it's 15 mil a year. Any problems with programing, producing or exposure of the LHN is an ESPN problem. They own it. They run it. Texas gets paid for being the content, not for providing it, producing it and promoting it.

BTW: you keep posting stuff that is 100% untrue. What do you exepct to accomplish by this? You think convincing a couple of message board forum losers that you are right is going to do anything? You have a small mind with small goals.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What had Oklahoma's panties bunched up in September 2011? Please enlighten me oh wise one.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey dumbass, did you ever consider the fact that no matter what happens with the LHN Texas will get it's 15 mil a year. Any problems with programing, producing or exposure of the LHN is an ESPN problem. They own it. They run it. Texas gets paid for being the content, not for providing it, producing it and promoting it.

BTW: you keep posting stuff that is 100% untrue. What do you exepct to accomplish by this? You think convincing a couple of message board forum losers that you are right is going to do anything? You have a small mind with small goals.

Texas has not achieved 15 million per year from the LHN yet.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah cuz texas fans only want to hear everything about how good the LHN and nothing about how bad it is

you should ask those 4 schools about their new massive tv contracts & conference stability....that seems to have all the b12 posters panties in a bunch

Sorry, but I'm a life long Texas fan and I could give two shits about LHN or why somebody left the conference. Haven't lost a minutes sleep over either and I doubt many other Texas fans have. It seems to be a bigger deal to you than any Texas fans that I know. However, if you are a fan of Michigan, Syracuse and Colorado then that may explain your pre occupation with TV networks rather than what's on the field.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and thats the problem.....

college sports are all about promoting your brand rather than making money. thats why all the money a school makes in football gets pumped back into the non-revenue sports. these are universities with billion dollar endowments and you think 15 mill a year is a difference maker for them money wise????

the very fact is that because the LHN is such a failure it....
1) looks bad on texas
2) limit the amount of people who can see texas games
3) the level of failure we have seen with this network is so vast that 1 of the 2 sides could easily give up & throw in the towel

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but I'm a life long Texas fan and I could give two shits about LHN or why somebody left the conference. Haven't lost a minutes sleep over either and I doubt many other Texas fans have. It seems to be a bigger deal to you than any Texas fans that I know. However, if you are a fan of Michigan, Syracuse and Colorado then that may explain your pre occupation with TV networks rather than what's on the field.

-i see a lot of butthurt from your end too buddy. a lot of b12 homers try to dismiss these moves as irrelevant when that couldnt be further from the truth.

-if you dont care about the state of texas's tv contracts then call me in 15 years when those decisions about tv contracts that texas made lead to the inevitable collapse of the b12.

-it was other texas fans who started talking about how great the LHN is, sorry but im just educating them on that myth