• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas & Georgia Tech to B1G rumors

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the acc doesnt share gate revenue, the whole reason why the b10 does it is because they want to make their bottom as strong as possible. they dont have this mentality where the stronger members get fed with a golden spoon just for being in the conference

The B1G bottom dwellers will always suck and will never be contenders. Unequal revenue sharing actually makes your bottom dwellers better b/c it forces them to make the effort to make their program better. If you're Minnesota, why bother making your program better when you're just going to get the same amount of revenue as Ohio State does? Don't believe me, just look to KU going 12-1 and playing and winning a BCS bowl back in '07. Hell, Okie jr finally stepped up and started spending money to make their program better and they were an ass hair away from playing for the BCS title a couple of years ago. Even MIZZOU was close to playing for a BCS title in '07. YOU WILL NEVER, EVER SEE THE BOTTOM DWELLERS IN THE B1G EVER WIN A CONFERENCE TITLE OR PLAY IN A BCS BOWL. The Big 10 has been a one team conference 98% of the time during the BCS era and is back to being a one team conference with tOSU ruling it again. Your example is a massive failure.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JohnO,

Come on. Texas is a HUGE get for any conference. Texas knows it, and Texas negotiates from a position of strength. If any other school could do it, they would. Notre Dame does it. Ohio State would to it. Florida State is doing it. UCLA and USC would do it if they wanted. Stanford might not because they march to a different drummer.

Notre Dame has continuously bargained from their strength to the Big East(GONE) and now to the ACC.

35% of Gate Revenue

B1G shares 35% of gate revenue up to a maximum of $1,000,000 per B1G HOME game and a minimum of $300,000 per B1G HOME game.

What that means is

Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State and Nebraska pay the B1G $1,000,000 per home game of football. or $4,000,000 each to the B1G. This changes in 2016 when the league goes to a NINE game B1G schedule. One year a team plays FIVE home games, the next year that team plays four home games.
-
That is not as bad. I believe the ACC splits it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're telling me Nebraska splits the $9M they get every year from their 3rd tier deal with IMG with B1G conference members? They sure as hell didn't share a dime with Big 12 members when they closed that deal in 2008. Please name me one school in the country who shares their 3rd tier revenue with any conference members. Just give me one, that's all I'm asking for. Why the fuck would Texas share their 3rd tier revenue with conference members? NOBODY DOES THAT! You = :L

For fuck's sake some of you people need to research and learn what Tier 3 is before running your mouths.....

That's just it. Now that Nebraska is in the Big 10 they no longer has PPV games. If their game against Shit St is not televised by ABC, any of the ESPN's, or Fox, they are on BTN.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are their buckeye & spartan networks????

is their a pooled group of b10 games that gets broadcasted on the BTN.......

get a grip you dumbass homer

You dumbfuck, for the umpteenth time, research what tier 3 means, you fucking dumbass!!!!! tOSU makes $11M a year off of their 3rd tier contract, why aren't you crying about the Buckeyes not sharing a penny with conference members. Doesn't mean shit if they don't have their personal networks like an LHN, tOSU still has a 3rd tier contract with IMG that is paying the Buckeyes $11M a year. What fucking pool of games are you talking about, shit for brains?! Are you really that upset you're not able to watch Texas vs. KU? Before you respond to anything else, study up on what Tier 3 means. You're trolling and hate is getting old. I'm surprised the MOD's haven't banned your dumbass.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JohnO,

Come on. Texas is a HUGE get for any conference. Texas knows it, and Texas negotiates from a position of strength. If any other school could do it, they would. Notre Dame does it. Ohio State would to it. Florida State is doing it. UCLA and USC would do it if they wanted. Stanford might not because they march to a different drummer.

they would be huge, but the b10 has a zero tolerance policy when it comes to schools bringing side baggage. the b10 wont bend over just a little bit for anybody. we saw how they turned psu from one of the worst athletic programs to be conference-mates programs with and turned them into the ideal role model for how big name programs should abide by the same standard as smaller schools

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it. Now that Nebraska is in the Big 10 they no longer has PPV games. If their game against Shit St is not televised by ABC, any of the ESPN's, or Fox, they are on BTN.

You didn't answer my question. Name me one school that splits their 3rd tier revenue money with conference members. With your scenario, you said the B1G would allow Texas in if they split their 3rd tier revenue from the LHN with B1G members. It is a FACT that Nebraska and tOSU do not share a penny of their 3rd tier revenue with any conference members, so why in the hell would Texas agree to do that? Keep in mind NU's payout with IMG averages $9M a year and tOSU's payout averages to $11M a year. In fact, tOSU set the record for 3rd tier revenue before ESPN signed Texas to a $15M a year 3rd tier contract. I'll wait for you to list one school who shares their 3rd tier revenue money with conference members.......Oh, and FYI, since Texas signed their deal with ESPN, we no longer have games on PPV as well. It was guaranteed that their would be at least 1 to 2 games on PPV before UT signed that deal with ESPN. FYI, before that deal was signed, you do realize Texas was only making a little over $300K a year in 3rd tier revenue, right?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dumbfuck, for the umpteenth time, research what tier 3 means, you fucking dumbass!!!!! tOSU makes $11M a year off of their 3rd tier contract, why aren't you crying about the Buckeyes not sharing a penny with conference members. Doesn't mean shit if they don't have their personal networks like an LHN, tOSU still has a 3rd tier contract with IMG that is paying the Buckeyes $11M a year. What fucking pool of games are you talking about, shit for brains?! Are you really that upset you're not able to watch Texas vs. KU? Before you respond to anything else, study up on what Tier 3 means. You're trolling and hate is getting old. I'm surprised the MOD's haven't banned your dumbass.

i keep hearing about these tier 3 mega contracts, but i have yet to see any evidence of them. I searched in google and after quite a few searches the only figures i found for UNL & osu are significantly lower than you claim. im not saying that i dont believe you but i want a link to this stuff

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and exes.....its not so much a case of the amount of money texas gets....but HOW THEY GET IT (a school network)

school networks are bad news for a conference....period, and your dumbass doesnt understand that. you had texas tech threaten to cancel a game over it texas a&m left the conference over it....and you really think it isnt causing problems????

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i keep hearing about these tier 3 mega contracts, but i have yet to see any evidence of them. I searched in google and after quite a few searches the only figures i found for UNL & osu are significantly lower than you claim. im not saying that i dont believe you but i want a link to this stuff

Read this, this link will also school you on what 3rd tier means as well:

WV MetroNews ? How IMG?s third-tier deal impacts fans

I'm trying to find my other links that talks about tOSU and NU's 3rd tier deal in detail. HuskerinBig10 probably has more information regarding NU's 3rd tier deal.....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and exes.....its not so much a case of the amount of money texas gets....but HOW THEY GET IT (a school network)

school networks are bad news for a conference....period, and your dumbass doesnt understand that. you had texas tech threaten to cancel a game over it texas a&m left the conference over it....and you really think it isnt causing problems????

A&M did not leave b/c of the LHN, that is such a fucking myth. In fact, Aggy wanted to join Texas in creating a joint network when Texas was close to signing their deal, however, Dodds told Byrne to go fuck himself after Texas spent all the money and research to get this going. Dodds had approached Byrne back in '06 about creating a joint network with Aggy and Byrne said no. All you do is spout opinion. If school networks are bad news for a conference, then explain to me why KSU, KU, WVU and OU have taken advantage of creating their own networks. Again, why do you give a shit if you can't watch Tier 3 level games that the major networks aren't carrying? Why the fuck do you give a shit if you can't watch Texas vs. KU, KSU vs. UMASS, OU vs. Chattanooga, etc? 1st tier and 2nd tier will always be shown on national TV. Does your dumbass really think Texas playing KU on the LHN hurt our brand? If you do, you're just hating, plain and simple. But again, why do you even give a shit? All 10 of your teams aren't even in the Big 12, why give a fuck? Also notice, you are the only poster on this board who trolls Texas and the Big 12 about this. Nobody else gives a shit. Were you turned down by Texas on your application? Did some UT students kick the ever living shit out of you? Did some wealthy UT alum bang your GF? What's the deal? Your obsession with Texas and the Big 12 is of psychotic proportions and pretty disturbing. Grow the fuck up.....

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't answer my question. Name me one school that splits their 3rd tier revenue money with conference members. With your scenario, you said the B1G would allow Texas in if they split their 3rd tier revenue from the LHN with B1G members. It is a FACT that Nebraska and tOSU do not share a penny of their 3rd tier revenue with any conference members, so why in the hell would Texas agree to do that? Keep in mind NU's payout with IMG averages $9M a year and tOSU's payout averages to $11M a year. In fact, tOSU set the record for 3rd tier revenue before ESPN signed Texas to a $15M a year 3rd tier contract. I'll wait for you to list one school who shares their 3rd tier revenue money with conference members.......Oh, and FYI, since Texas signed their deal with ESPN, we no longer have games on PPV as well. It was guaranteed that their would be at least 1 to 2 games on PPV before UT signed that deal with ESPN. FYI, before that deal was signed, you do realize Texas was only making a little over $300K a year in 3rd tier revenue, right?

I'm not the one who said the Big 10 would allow anything.

IMG has nothing to do with Nebraska football televised games now that Nebraska's former PPV games are televised on BTN. IMG only handles local radio broadcasts.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this, this link will also school you on what 3rd tier means as well:

WV MetroNews ? How IMG?s third-tier deal impacts fans

I'm trying to find my other links that talks about tOSU and NU's 3rd tier deal in detail. HuskerinBig10 probably has more information regarding NU's 3rd tier deal.....

now that i actually know the details of the deal....a quick google search

IMG’s guarantee is even more robust considering that there are practically no TV rights included in the deal, except for coaches’ shows. Ohio State’s local TV rights for live events are tied up by the Big Ten Network, for which the Buckeyes will receive an additional $6.4 million this year.

how does that 10 mill a year sound anything like the LHN?

and aggie totally left because of the LHN, you really think its just a coincidence that they were 100% committed to the b12 up until the LHN details came out & they suddenly left??????

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the one who said the Big 10 would allow anything.

IMG has nothing to do with Nebraska football televised games now that Nebraska's former PPV games are televised on BTN. IMG only handles local radio broadcasts.

IMG signed NU to their 3rd tier contract. ESPN signed Texas to their 3rd tier contract. What I'm saying is, there isn't one school in the country that shares their 3rd tier revenue with conference members. All I'm asking you is, why would/should Texas share their 3rd tier revenue with conference members when no other school does?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just find the UT homers funny.....look everyone else does this....but....but.....ku & ou have their networks.....

sorry that reality hurts

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG signed NU to their 3rd tier contract. ESPN signed Texas to their 3rd tier contract. What I'm saying is, there isn't one school in the country that shares their 3rd tier revenue with conference members. All I'm asking you is, why would/should Texas share their 3rd tier revenue with conference members when no other school does?

because the only tier 3 b10 schools are giving away are entirely things they produce on their own. coaches show, marketing, & branding. all the TV broadcasts (stuff that the schools collectively produced) go to the b10 network

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just find the UT homers funny.....look everyone else does this....but....but.....ku & ou have their networks.....

sorry that reality hurts

We find you funny b/c you constantly get bitch slapped with facts and can only come back with opinion. Keep in mind, everyone else is doing it in the Big 12 b/c we set the standard. Believe me, if ESPN approached CU's weak as fuck athletic program about doing a 3rd tier deal that would pay them $15M a year, CU's broke ass would have jumped all over that in a heartbeat. Kind of like throwing a homeless person a biscuit.....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because the only tier 3 b10 schools are giving away are entirely things they produce on their own. coaches show, marketing, & branding. all the TV broadcasts (stuff that the schools collectively produced) go to the b10 network

And that's exactly what the LHN does. All the LHN features is 3rd tier games that the networks wont' carry and would have been on PPV in previous years. There is no conference network b/c the Big 12 voted down a conference network 12-0 back in 2006. All conference members voted unanimously to allow conference members to create their own networks, including Aggy. Do some research and you won't be a fucking moron all of the time.....

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's exactly what the LHN does. All the LHN features is 3rd tier games that the networks wont' carry and would have been on PPV in previous years. There is no conference network b/c the Big 12 voted down a conference network 12-0 back in 2006. All conference members voted unanimously to allow conference members to create their own networks, including Aggy. Do some research and you won't be a fucking moron all of the time.....

NO....NO....NO.....

i just explained this and you were too stupid to understand it

the LHN broadcasts football games & baseball games & basketball games & even b12 conference games......

what osu sells on its own as tier 3 is just its marketing branding & coaches tv shows. by no means does IMG get to broadcast ohio state games

how many times do i have to explain this too you.....

you are so fucking stupid, i even copied & pasted this from an article just so you can understand it

i can 100% guarantee you the ole miss game would never have been on ppv last year.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Does Nebraska get a vote? Are you still 3/5s of a human being according to Big 10 or did you finally graduate?
-------
Nebraska never graduates anyone, bcause we still use partial qualifiers according to Horns
Stampede (he doesn't actually say this but he is a broken record about the issue)

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Ahh. I get it. You think everyone is entitled to the same things, despite putting in less work. Different rewards for different people, that sounds totally fair.
-------
And Texas putting in more work has gotten them what (in recent years)?