• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams That Can Still Make The Playoff

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss's big wins are Louisville and Arkansas, neither team anywhere near the rankings.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn's big wins are Arkansas and Ole Miss. Nothing ooc worthy of respect.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miss St"s big wins are NCSU and Kentucky, but they lost to Memphis.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky"s big wins are UF and LSU, nothing out of conference worthy of mention

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone name me a single Top 25 out of conference win by an SEC team?

Even a team getting votes? lol

Last edited:

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Cinci is out. Playoff committee made that wildly clear last night. Wake might be out too.
If Cincy finishes undefeated, and does not get in, then they should no longer be considered a Division 1 FBS team nor should any Group of 5 be.
They need their own championship tourney, as they will never be allowed to play for the Division 1 championship.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cincy finishes undefeated, and does not get in, then they should no longer be considered a Division 1 FBS team nor should any Group of 5 be.
They need their own championship tourney, as they will never be allowed to play for the Division 1 championship.
I could see them letting it happen for Cincinnati this year, in part because UC's going to be P5 going forward.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn lost to PSU who has since fallen out of the rankings. Not sure who they beat outside of the SEC that is any good?

Same can be said of basically every single SEC team.
Other than Auburn, who you apparently think stinks, who has any Big Ten team beaten outside of it's own conference that is any good either?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Auburn, who you apparently think stinks, who has any Big Ten team beaten outside of it's own conference that is any good either?
Penn St, hardly a top team in the B1G this season, beat Auburn.

Purdue beat Oregon State

Maryland beat WVU.

Rutgers beat Syracuse.

Iowa beat Iowa St.

And it's also that the B1G's lesser teams like Nebraska gave Oklahoma a good game, while Texas A&M was barely beating a crappy Colorado team the Gophers pummeled 30-0.

Wisc and IU played top teams Notre Dame and Cincinnati. And there losing those games is part of why they are not ranked. SEC teams get to lose games to unranked teams and remain among the ranked.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn St, hardly a top team in the B1G this season, beat Auburn.

Purdue beat Oregon State

Maryland beat WVU.

Rutgers beat Syracuse.

Iowa beat Iowa St.

And it's also that the B1G's lesser teams like Nebraska gave Oklahoma a good game, while Texas A&M was barely beating a crappy Colorado team the Gophers pummeled 30-0.

Wisc and IU played top teams Notre Dame and Cincinnati. And there losing those games is part of why they are not ranked. SEC teams get to lose games to unranked teams and remain among the ranked.
If Oregon State, WVU, Syracuse and Iowa State are noteworthy then the SEC has beat Clemson, Miami (FL), Texas, Louisville, UAB and NC State. Not a fantastic group but far superior to the four teams you just mentioned the Big Ten has beaten OOC. Haha, and you realize that even if Indiana had beaten Cincy they'd still be 3-5, right?? That single game is hardly the reason that they're not ranked. Also, I wouldn't brag too much about Minnesota since they lost to a 3-6 team from the MAC.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oregon State, WVU, Syracuse and Iowa State are noteworthy then the SEC has beat Clemson, Miami (FL), Texas, Louisville, UAB and NC State. Not a fantastic group but far superior to the four teams you just mentioned the Big Ten has beaten OOC. Haha, and you realize that even if Indiana had beaten Cincy they'd still be 3-5, right?? That single game is hardly the reason that they're not ranked. Also, I wouldn't brag too much about Minnesota since they lost to a 3-6 team from the MAC.
How do you figure "far superior"???

UAB is a cusa loser team. No 5-3 cusa team should EVER get mentioned, lol, you should be embarrassed. And funny how you left Auburn off the B1G's list

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the other or the MORE true significance of each list is that none of those B1G teams got rated high for beating those teams whereas all of those SEC wins garnered those SEC teams high rankings.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to start claiming shit victories like wins over 5-3 cusa teams, let me go back and check, I'm sure the B1G could claim a few of those, since I never thought to claim such shit wins. But we know you SEC types rarely play anyone out of conference other than shit programs, lol.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do they base they ratings on?

I ask because it seems like they base them on rankings that have SEC teams all ranked too high.

It's simple, they started the season with a ton of SEC teams ranked high as well as a couple of their ooc opponents, namely Clemson, Miami and Louisville. Since figuring out that all three of those teams were very overrated, they never adjusted their attitudes towards the SEC teams that beat those 3 overrated teams, now anyone who beats Bama or Auburn gets too much credit and whoever beats the teams that beat Bama and Auburn or any other overrated SEC team also get too much credit, and so on and so forth. It even affects the B1G as PSU got overrated, which helped get Iowa overrated for beating PSU. But since then PSU and Iowa have been exposed, and likewise Arkansas and Kentucky, etc..

Makes me look forward to the conference championships and bowl and cfp part of the season even more as I look forward to watching overrated SEC teams losing their bowl games to teams like Wake Forest, Pitt, Wisconsin, Purdue, Oregon State, Cincinnati, etc..

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do they base they ratings on?

I ask because it seems like they base them on rankings that have SEC teams all ranked too high.

It's simple, they started the season with a ton of SEC teams ranked high as well as a couple of their ooc opponents, namely Clemson, Miami and Louisville. Since figuring out that all three of those teams were very overrated, they never adjusted their attitudes towards the SEC teams that beat those 3 overrated teams, now anyone who beats Bama or Auburn gets too much credit and whoever beats the teams that beat Bama and Auburn or any other overrated SEC team also get too much credit, and so on and so forth. It even affects the B1G as PSU got overrated, which helped get Iowa overrated for beating PSU. But since then PSU and Iowa have been exposed, and likewise Arkansas and Kentucky, etc..

Makes me look forward to the conference championships and bowl and cfp part of the season even more as I look forward to watching overrated SEC teams losing their bowl games to teams like Wake Forest, Pitt, Wisconsin, Purdue, Oregon State, Cincinnati, etc..

:lou:

The SEC has the highest bowl win % of any conference the past decade. But you're right, a top 15 non-sec school will beat a team like Tennessee and the celebrating will begin. Some folks are sensitive about that, but personally I think that reaction confirms what we all know....We just do it better down here.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to start claiming shit victories like wins over 5-3 cusa teams, let me go back and check, I'm sure the B1G could claim a few of those, since I never thought to claim such shit wins. But we know you SEC types rarely play anyone out of conference other than shit programs, lol.
Haha. Yeah, we don't play juggernauts like Syracuse and Oregon State! LOL

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lou:

The SEC has the highest bowl win % of any conference the past decade. But you're right, a top 15 non-sec school will beat a team like Tennessee and the celebrating will begin. Some folks are sensitive about that, but personally I think that reaction confirms what we all know....We just do it better down here.
And yet the B1G still matches the SEC in both # of Top 25 teams and # of Top Ten teams the last 7 years(did the figuring last before Tuesdays cfp rankings, so B1G added 2, not sure about the SEC?

Vast majority of bowl games are virtual home games for most SEC teams and more often than not the SEC team in a bowl matchup is rated higher so for other teams to have to beat them it almost always has to be an upset.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. Yeah, we don't play juggernauts like Syracuse and Oregon State! LOL
PSU, hardly the BIG's best this year, beat Auburn, remember. You keep trying to ignore that fact?

Less than the best B1G teams whooping up on Auburn is getting to be a habit, lol.