• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams That Can Still Make The Playoff

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. ok........ When did OSU piss on your cheerios? Did some OSU dude steal your girlfriend back in the day? spill....
My two older brothers are both Ohio State fans and they were super annoying about it when I was younger. And I've met several others since then that are still super annoying about it, lol.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. ok........ When did OSU piss on your cheerios? Did some OSU dude steal your girlfriend back in the day? spill....
OSU fans are probably the only B1G fans with enough mojo from their team's recent accomplishments to inspire some of them to talk alot of shit to SEC fans?

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brothers no less? I see, that makes sense.
Haha, right? Funny part is I'm super close to both of them and always have been. But I don't think a single meeting occurs between us without plenty of smack-talk amongst all of our favorite teams, lol.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, right? Funny part is I'm super close to both of them and always have been. But I don't think a single meeting occurs between us without plenty of smack-talk amongst all of our favorite teams, lol.
How did members of the same family end up OSU and Georgia fans? I didn't go to UMn, just grew up in Minnesota and my parents were Gopher fans and my sister married a big Gopher fan, so my whole family are all Gopher fans.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did members of the same family end up OSU and Georgia fans? I didn't go to UMn, just grew up in Minnesota and my parents were Gopher fans and my sister married a big Gopher fan, so my whole family are all Gopher fans.
Nice! We're from Ohio, that's why they're OSU fans and why I run into so many of them. I became a Georgia fan for a fairly random reason actually. When I was 8 or 9 in the late '90's I discovered their brand and liked it and it just took off from there. 20+ years later I've just become a bigger fan with each passing year.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My two older brothers are both Ohio State fans and they were super annoying about it when I was younger. And I've met several others since then that are still super annoying about it, lol.
ok......:thumb: Winning program fans who rub it in have that effect......

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice! We're from Ohio, that's why they're OSU fans and why I run into so many of them. I became a Georgia fan for a fairly random reason actually. When I was 8 or 9 in the late '90's I discovered their brand and liked it and it just took off from there. 20+ years later I've just become a bigger fan with each passing year.
It can be kind of fun to be on the outside, to be the only fan of team X while everyone around hates your team.

I experienced that while living in Seattle. UW fans were very arrogant towards me in my Gopher sweatshirts/jacket.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can be kind of fun to be on the outside, to be the only fan of team X while everyone around hates your team.

I experienced that while living in Seattle. UW fans were very arrogant towards me in my Gopher sweatshirts/jacket.
Haha, exactly! And it's fun when you do occasionally run into another fan of your team far away like that. After all these years the place I work at hired a guy here in Ohio that is also a Georgia fan about two years ago. He and I get along very well now! Haha

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, exactly! And it's fun when you do occasionally run into another fan of your team far away like that. After all these years the place I work at hired a guy here in Ohio that is also a Georgia fan about two years ago. He and I get along very well now! Haha
Where I work, they kind of like the Gophers, but most are NDSU fans(many went to NDSU), so I both get razzed when they lose, and they're all also happy when the Gophers win.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a time when ND's SOS was something to lean on, that time has passed. With that said, I humbly invite you guys to join the SEC. I think it would be fun. You still have an all-time winning record against SEC teams, although you've went 5-6 over the past 2 decades. Still, not bad.
Notre Dame does not schedule patsies at any time. NO FCS teams, ever. Historically, Stanford, Southern Cal, 2 Big Tens (usually MSU, Mich, Purdue, Northwestern and this year Wisc. a few years ago Ohio State), two Group 5 teams (always Navy and one other) a Big 12 or an Independent, or a third Pac 12 or Big 12, and now 5 ACC on a rotating basis.
Schedules are made 5 years or more in advance and are against with historically good programs. Wisconsin was not scheduled with an easy win in mind. I will say that all FCS teams are scheduled with easy wins in mind regardless of when the schedule is confirmed. Doubtful that any SEC team will be scheduling North Dakota State to an home and home anytime soon.

Strength of schedule is a crap shoot. Somewhere in the early 2000s , Southern Cal missed out on one of the early CF playoffs because their strength of schedule was hurt because ND was 3 and 9. Either the year before or the year after, their strength of schedule took a big jump because ND was either 10-2 or 9-3. So in neither case did SC schedule ND as an easy win, but was penalized for NDs out of the norm poor season.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame does not schedule patsies at any time. NO FCS teams, ever. Historically, Stanford, Southern Cal, 2 Big Tens (usually MSU, Mich, Purdue, Northwestern and this year Wisc. a few years ago Ohio State), two Group 5 teams (always Navy and one other) a Big 12 or an Independent, or a third Pac 12 or Big 12, and now 5 ACC on a rotating basis.
Schedules are made 5 years or more in advance and are against with historically good programs. Wisconsin was not scheduled with an easy win in mind. I will say that all FCS teams are scheduled with easy wins in mind regardless of when the schedule is confirmed. Doubtful that any SEC team will be scheduling North Dakota State to an home and home anytime soon.

Strength of schedule is a crap shoot. Somewhere in the early 2000s , Southern Cal missed out on one of the early CF playoffs because their strength of schedule was hurt because ND was 3 and 9. Either the year before or the year after, their strength of schedule took a big jump because ND was either 10-2 or 9-3. So in neither case did SC schedule ND as an easy win, but was penalized for NDs out of the norm poor season.
Yeah. This year and some others ND's SOS has taken a big hit with numerous teams being down. USC would normally be a huge feather in their hat, but not for many years. same with playing mich., msu some years they've been way down. NW is down again.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all honesty there's a few reasons we schedule lower level FBS teams and yeah part of it is an easy win. I have two views of this, though. As a fan of a Sun Belt team I'm glad SEC teams with lower tier opponents. It provides us with $$$ and attention we wouldn't ordinarily get and is exhilarating when we (LSU, Mississippi State, Mizzou lol@u) pull the upset. The other side of me wants to see a great matchup every week, so I'm conflicted.

- One way you could sure up your SOS is to join the most dominant conference in America. Look at the top 10 in most SOS rankings, it's dominated by the SEC. Come play with us! We want you.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty there's a few reasons we schedule lower level FBS teams and yeah part of it is an easy win. I have two views of this, though. As a fan of a Sun Belt team I'm glad SEC teams with lower tier opponents. It provides us with $$$ and attention we wouldn't ordinarily get and is exhilarating when we (LSU, Mississippi State, Mizzou lol@u) pull the upset. The other side of me wants to see a great matchup every week, so I'm conflicted.

- One way you could sure up your SOS is to join the most dominant conference in America. Look at the top 10 in most SOS rankings, it's dominated by the SEC. Come play with us! We want you.
When they moved up the first official AP poll to before the season even started, compared to when it started several weeks into the season, it allowed media bias to influence future rankings. Rank tons of SEC teams pre-season, most of them will finish ranked as the ones that were overrated will just be replaced the teams that beat them. Or if they get beat by a higher rated team, it's considered an acceptable loss.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they moved up the first official AP poll to before the season even started, compared to when it started several weeks into the season, it allowed media bias to influence future rankings. Rank tons of SEC teams pre-season, most of them will finish ranked as the ones that were overrated will just be replaced the teams that beat them. Or if they get beat by a higher rated team, it's considered an acceptable loss.

Full preseason AP top 25: (Teams in bold were overrated compared to the current CFB playoff standings.)

1. Alabama
2. Oklahoma
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State

5. Georgia
6. Texas A&M
7. Iowa State

8. Cincinnati
9. Notre Dame
10. North Carolina

11. Oregon
12. Wisconsin
13. Florida
14. Miami (FL)
15. USC
16. LSU
17. Indiana
18. Iowa
19. Penn State
20. Washington
21. Texas
22. Coastal Carolina
23. Louisiana Lafayette
24. Utah
25. Arizona State

# of Overrated Teams per Conference:
SEC - 3, B1G - 5, ACC - 3, PAC - 4, Big 12 - 3, G5 - 2

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Full preseason AP top 25: (Teams in bold were overrated compared to the current CFB playoff standings.)

1. Alabama
2. Oklahoma
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State

5. Georgia
6. Texas A&M
7. Iowa State

8. Cincinnati
9. Notre Dame
10. North Carolina

11. Oregon
12. Wisconsin
13. Florida
14. Miami (FL)
15. USC
16. LSU
17. Indiana
18. Iowa
19. Penn State
20. Washington
21. Texas
22. Coastal Carolina
23. Louisiana Lafayette
24. Utah
25. Arizona State

# of Overrated Teams per Conference:
SEC - 3, B1G - 5, ACC - 3, PAC - 4, Big 12 - 3, G5 - 2

This is meaningless, right now especially, as many SEC teams STILL ARE overrated.

Only way they'll get exposed is in bowl games. So let's resume this discussion then.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is meaningless, right now especially, as many SEC teams STILL ARE overrated.

Only way they'll get exposed is in bowl games. So let's resume this discussion then.
SEC isn't going to get exposed in bowl games.

They are 67-37 the last 10 years in bowl games and have claimed 6 of the last 10 National Championships.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC isn't going to get exposed in bowl games.

They are 67-37 the last 10 years in bowl games and have claimed 6 of the last 10 National Championships.
You don't get it, their bowl record alone with no CONTEXT, means nothing. If those 104 teams were favored to win 80% of those games, then it's arguable that 14 of them were overrated.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get it, their bowl record alone with no CONTEXT, means nothing. If those 104 teams were favored to win 80% of those games, then it's arguable that 14 of them were overrated.
They play in the toughest bowl games every year, and they typically kick the shit out of the B10 year in and year out.