• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams That Can Still Make The Playoff

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo

UGA is locked

Teams who are 100% in with a win

Bama
Michigan

Teams who likely get in if they win and Bama or Michiga loses

Cincy
OKST

Teams who need multiple losses by favorites not named Georgia

Notre Dame

After those 6 i can still see very very very narrow paths ( or at least opportunity ) for

Baylor
Iowa
Oregon

All 3 of them would need

A. Win their leagues
B. UGA to absolitely clobber Bama
C. Have OKST, Michigan and Cincy all lose

Then tneyd have

UGA
ND
And 2 open spots for

2 loss Bama
2 Oregon
2 loss Baylor
2 loss Iowa
That 38-7 loss, combined with their earlier loss to a really bad Stanford team, will keep Oregon out of the playoffs, no matter what else happens. Baylor doesn't have a chance. If A, B, & C happen, Iowa might get in; or Ohio St. could crawl back in. Notre Dame would be in there, too. I'm not sure about anyone else.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the world would the committee put two loss Bama in just to face the team they just lost to lol

If Bama loses they're out. I think if it got sorta crazy it would come down to Baylor or OSU with a slight edge to baylor.

Basically if Georgia and Michigan held serve but cincy and okie state lost.. the battle tor the last spot after ND would be interesting.

Last edited:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the world would the committee put two loss Bama in just to face the team they just lost to lol

If Bama loses they're out. I think if it got sorta crazy it would come down to Baylor or OSU with a slight edge to baylor.

Basically if Georgia and Michigan held serve but cincy and okie state lost.. the battle tor the last spot after ND would be interesting.
Why did the BCS give Bams a rematch in 11? Why did Bama get in in 18 despite not winning their iwn division ??

Cuz Bama

If Bama loses a close game tomorrow the vommittee will have zero problem giving them a renatch if any upset happens to Michigan, Cincy or OKST

Say

UGA wins by 3
Cincy wins
Michigan wins
Baylor wins

Last spot comes down to 2 loss Bama
1 loss ND
2 loss Baylor

Id almost guarantee they go Bama

If UGA blows Bama out or its chalk after a close Bama loss theyll be out though

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did the BCS give Bams a rematch in 11? Why did Bama get in in 18 despite not winning their iwn division ??

Cuz Bama

If Bama loses a close game tomorrow the vommittee will have zero problem giving them a renatch if any upset happens to Michigan, Cincy or OKST

Say

UGA wins by 3
Cincy wins
Michigan wins
Baylor wins

Last spot comes down to 2 loss Bama
1 loss ND
2 loss Baylor

Id almost guarantee they go Bama

If UGA blows Bama out or its chalk after a close Bama loss theyll be out though

Nah man. They go ND there. Bama has had so many close calls they ain't getting a rematch against a team that just beat them.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah man. They go ND there. Bama has had so many close calls they ain't getting a rematch against a team that just beat them.
Youve got way more faith un the committee than you should lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Youve got way more faith un the committee than you should lol
I think Kelly bolting and Freeman being hired has raised ND’s profile in terms of intrigue for the committee. They need a Georgia win by 7 or more and one upset among Baylor Houston and Iowa. Read today that there’s a 62% chance that scenario plays out today.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for all those dumb conspiracy theories!

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I did see one from UGA fans where apparently ESPN told UGA to throw the game against Bama so that the SEC could get two teams in the playoff. That was pretty solid.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast my friend. Updated criteria for a G5:

* Have a good showing against an SEC Power in a NY6 bowl game the year prior.

* Go on a 20+ regular season win streak in the span of a couple seasons.

* Have a top 5 true road win.

* Win your conference championship for consecutive seasons.

* Have multiple day 1 or day 2 NFL prospects ( especially at the QB position ).

* Bank on multiple 2 loss P5 teams.

The sport is still broken :heh:

Last edited:

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so fast my friend. Updated criteria for a G5:

* Have a good showing against an SEC Power in a NY6 bowl game the year prior.

* Go on a 20+ regular season win streak in the span of a couple seasons.

* Have a top 5 true road win.

* Win your conference championship for consecutive seasons.

* Have multiple day 1 or day 2 NFL prospects ( especially at the QB position ).

* Bank on multiple 2 loss P5 teams.

The sport is still broken :heh:
Every other sport has made efforts to open up their Championship tournaments in a way that promotes non-blue blood programs being able to rise up. The Cfb powers that be don't want this.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every other sport has made efforts to open up their Championship tournaments in a way that promotes non-blue blood programs being able to rise up. The Cfb powers that be don't want this.
Having two SEC teams in the playoffs at the same time for the second time in 5 years will go a long way towards getting the other leagues on board for expansion. The big hold-up is that they all have to agree on the same format.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having two SEC teams in the playoffs at the same time for the second time in 5 years will go a long way towards getting the other leagues on board for expansion. The big hold-up is that they all have to agree on the same format.
Yeah, that should help. But do you really think it's the other leagues holding things up? I'd figure it's the SEC for sure, and pretty sure the ACC's been ok with the status quo, until this year at least, and outside of one year where OSU/the B1G just barely missed out, I'd believe it if the B1G was ok with the Status Quo as well?! So it would seem to me it was one or all three of those leagues doing the holding up. Unless I'm misreading what you meant?

As for me, I think an 8 team playoff with 5 conf championships, the top rated G5 team and 2 additional teams would keep most everyone happy and with it being guaranteed to get to the playoffs just being a P5 Conf Champ might help spread out the recruiting wealth a little more? Right now, if I'm a super high ranked recruit wanting to play in the cfp, there are only a couple schools I'd consider, Clemson, Ohio St, Bama and Georgia. I might add Michigan after this season, and I'd consider USC as well. Expand the playoffs and I'd add a couple teams to the list.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that should help. But do you really think it's the other leagues holding things up? I'd figure it's the SEC for sure, and pretty sure the ACC's been ok with the status quo, until this year at least, and outside of one year where OSU/the B1G just barely missed out, I'd believe it if the B1G was ok with the Status Quo as well?! So it would seem to me it was one or all three of those leagues doing the holding up. Unless I'm misreading what you meant?
Ha-ha-ha! You think the SEC is the one holding up the playoff expansion? SEC commissioner was one of the ones pushing for the 12-team deal (which I think is excessive). Many leagues were liking the sound of that until it leaked out that Oklahoma & Texas were moving to the SEC - then the Big 10, Pac-12, ACC & Big 12 all said, "wait a minute, let's think this over!"

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha-ha-ha! You think the SEC is the one holding up the playoff expansion? SEC commissioner was one of the ones pushing for the 12-team deal (which I think is excessive). Many leagues were liking the sound of that until it leaked out that Oklahoma & Texas were moving to the SEC - then the Big 10, Pac-12, ACC & Big 12 all said, "wait a minute, let's think this over!"
Well, you could be right?!

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the networks, the 12 team will still happen, but the other conferences will make sure the other networks are involved so they aren’t total slaves to espn.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the networks, the 12 team will still happen, but the other conferences will make sure the other networks are involved so they aren’t total slaves to espn.
Yeah, if the playoffs expand, I do hope more than one network is involved in the telecasts. I get tired of everything being on ESPN.