• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams That Can Still Make The Playoff

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet the B1G still matches the SEC in both # of Top 25 teams and # of Top Ten teams the last 7 years(did the figuring last before Tuesdays cfp rankings, so B1G added 2, not sure about the SEC?

Vast majority of bowl games are virtual home games for most SEC teams and more often than not the SEC team in a bowl matchup is rated higher so for other teams to have to beat them it almost always has to be an upset.
How'd the B1G get those teams in with the SEC bias? 2 teams in the top 5 and 3 teams in the top 10 as well. WTF?

Bawahaha. A two hour flight vs a 3 hour flight is what you're leaning on?

This is when you complain about it being cold. Brrr makes us lose.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How'd the B1G get those teams in with the SEC bias? 2 teams in the top 5 and 3 teams in the top 10 as well. WTF?

Bawahaha. A two hour flight vs a 3 hour flight is what you're leaning on?

This is when you complain about it being cold. Brrr makes us lose.
We don't have a problem with cold dude, that is you all. I dare an SEC team to venture north after September, lol. Bunch of pussies, you'd never consider it.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That happened despite the obvious bias. The very only people not willing to admit that there is a bias is SEC fans or networks like ESPN who makes more money when the SEC does well.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU, hardly the BIG's best this year, beat Auburn, remember. You keep trying to ignore that fact?

Less than the best B1G teams whooping up on Auburn is getting to be a habit, lol.
No, I didn't forget. I actually mentioned it in my very first comment and you just keep claiming otherwise. Sounds like something a Big Ten fan will do. If you're going down that path then maybe you should mention that one of your best team's, Minnesota (4th-highest ranked Big Ten team) lost at home to a 3-6 MAC team? But you don't like that part I'm sure. Also, it's hilarious that you keep saying I'm bragging about beating mediocre teams but you're the one that started talking about the OOC teams that each conference beat and hilariously used Syracuse and Oregon State as part of the highlights! Come on.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That happened despite the obvious bias. The very only people not willing to admit that there is a bias is SEC fans or networks like ESPN who makes more money when the SEC does well.

Don't forget the scoreboard. That ahole likewise has an SEC bias.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I didn't forget. I actually mentioned it in my very first comment and you just keep claiming otherwise. Sounds like something a Big Ten fan will do. If you're going down that path then maybe you should mention that one of your best team's, Minnesota (4th-highest ranked Big Ten team) lost at home to a 3-6 MAC team? But you don't like that part I'm sure. Also, it's hilarious that you keep saying I'm bragging about beating mediocre teams but you're the one that started talking about the OOC teams that each conference beat and hilariously used Syracuse and Oregon State as part of the highlights! Come on.
Thanks for claiming UMn is one of the B1G's best, I hope you are right about that.

As for their losing to Bowling Green, you might not be aware of the fact UMns had to deal with the loss of ALL FOUR of it's RBs that they started the season with. 3 to injury, one to transfer before the 2nd got injured.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for claiming UMn is one of the B1G's best, I hope you are right about that.

As for their losing to Bowling Green, you might not be aware of the fact UMns had to deal with the loss of ALL FOUR of it's RBs that they started the season with. 3 to injury, one to transfer before the 2nd got injured.
I have nothing against Minnesota. It's Ohio State that I don't like from the Big Ten. I'd love for Minny to beat them if they get a chance at a rematch in the title game. But if beating Syracuse and Oregon State makes the conference so elite then one of the Big Ten's best teams probably should've still beat a 3-6 MAC team at home, even without all four of it's RB's they started with.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not a response, that's a lame attempt to avoid a proper response.

Go on, admit it, you SECers rarely venture away from home, cept to play other SEC teams, and when you do, it's most likely before Oct 1st

It's because we don't have to. We're good enough teams will come to us. If Minnesota keeps improving you might earn that status one day too.

giphy (6).gif

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have nothing against Minnesota. It's Ohio State that I don't like from the Big Ten. I'd love for Minny to beat them if they get a chance at a rematch in the title game. But if beating Syracuse and Oregon State makes the conference so elite then one of the Big Ten's best teams probably should've still beat a 3-6 MAC team at home, even without all four of it's RB's they started with.
Has Georgia EVER had to play without it's 4 best players at ANY position, much less an important position like RB???

I doubt it. But if you have, I'm VERY confident Georgia fans everywhere used that as an excuse for losing games.

BTW, UMn's still ranked Top 15 in rushing despite losing our top 4 RBs. They've had 5 different RBs rush for over 100 so far this season.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Georgia EVER had to play without it's 4 best players at ANY position, much less an important position like RB???

I doubt it. But if you have, I'm VERY confident Georgia fans everywhere used that as an excuse for losing games.

BTW, UMn's still ranked Top 15 in rushing despite losing our top 4 RBs. They've had 5 different RBs rush for over 100 so far this season.
I'm quite confident Georgia would beat Bowling Green without their top-4 RB's, especially at home in Athens!

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's because we don't have to. We're good enough teams will come to us. If Minnesota keeps improving you might earn that status one day too.

View attachment 282629
You mean like the Citadel and Mercer on a regular basis. My ND bias shows when I laugh ay the argument that SEC teams have to play 13 games vs ND who only plays 12 games to have a chance at the Playoff. Of course, one of those 13 games is against the teams the caliber of the aforementioned Citadel and Mercer, so there is that.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like the Citadel and Mercer on a regular basis. My ND bias shows when I laugh ay the argument that SEC teams have to play 13 games vs ND who only plays 12 games to have a chance at the Playoff. Of course, one of those 13 games is against the teams the caliber of the aforementioned Citadel and Mercer, so there is that.

There was a time when ND's SOS was something to lean on, that time has passed. With that said, I humbly invite you guys to join the SEC. I think it would be fun. You still have an all-time winning record against SEC teams, although you've went 5-6 over the past 2 decades. Still, not bad.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite confident Georgia would beat Bowling Green without their top-4 RB's, especially at home in Athens!
Well, Georgia's probably a little better than Minnesota is this year. So I was referring to other games.

But BG's pass defense is rated top 15 in the nation(their only strong suit this season just happened to be what they specifically needed that day to beat the Gophers specifically) and the Gophers struggled in the passing game that day as well, I believe our #1 receiver was also out that game, and more than in any other game. Combine that with both Fleck's tendency to play early ooc games with a more vanilla offense and our giving up 4 first downs via penalties, one that led directly to a score vs getting the ball back and it was just an everything that could go wrong, did go wrong kind of day.

Regardless, we're all by ourselves in first in our Division and ranked top 20 and playing better all around.

Last edited:

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Georgia's probably a little better than Minnesota is this year. So I was referring to other games.

But BG's pass defense is rated top 15 in the nation, and the Gophers struggled in the passing game that day as well, more than in any other game. Combine that with both Fleck's tendency to play early ooc games with a more vanilla offense and our giving up 4 first downs via penalties, one that led directly to a score vs getting the ball back and it was just an everything that could go wrong, did go wrong kind of day.

Regardless, we're all by ourselves in first in our Division and ranked top 20 and playing better all around.
Fleck is a good coach. Definitely has Minnesota headed in the right direction. I think they have a very good shot at representing the Big Ten West in their title game this year. In which case I'm sure that I would be rooting for them to pull it off.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fleck is a good coach. Definitely has Minnesota headed in the right direction. I think they have a very good shot at representing the Big Ten West in their title game this year. In which case I'm sure that I would be rooting for them to pull it off.
I also am pleased to see someone other than Alabama on top of the SEC, and a school I actually respect, too. Georgia has a good coach as well and shouldn't fall off too much going forward. Might be a good time for Saban to retire? lol

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. ok........ When did OSU piss on your cheerios? Did some OSU dude steal your girlfriend back in the day? spill....