• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams That Can Still Make The Playoff

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated as of 11/1. Narrowing down the list.

AAC
Cincinnati

ACC
Wake Forest

Big 12
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St

Big 10
Michigan St
Ohio St
Iowa

Independents
Notre Dame

Pac-12
Oregon

SEC
Georgia
Alabama
Notre Dame probably no chance. Three teams in front of them might lose but that is as high as ND can go because those losses would likely be to teams also in front of ND. Everybody is cheering for Georgia because if Alabama beats Georgia then they both go.
However, the logic they will use is ND and Clemson of last year. But that is a false comparison since they lost to each other.

I think the Playoff will include Cincinnati, Georgia, Oklahoma and Alabama. If Georgia beats Alabama then it is either undefeated Michigan State, or Wake Forest, or one loss Oregon. ND as a longshot with everything falling their way. They will be fans of whoever plays Oregon, Wisconsin or Minnesota winning the Big Ten, Georgia, Penn State (to beat Michigan State), maybe a Cincinnati loss. But then they would face the same problem that Ohio State faces with Oregon. How does head to head not count when both teams have the same record.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Playoff will include Cincinnati, Georgia, Oklahoma and Alabama. If Georgia beats Alabama then it is either undefeated Michigan State, or Wake Forest, or one loss Oregon. ND as a longshot with everything falling their way. They will be fans of whoever plays Oregon, Wisconsin or Minnesota winning the Big Ten, Georgia, Penn State (to beat Michigan State), maybe a Cincinnati loss. But then they would face the same problem that Ohio State faces with Oregon. How does head to head not count when both teams have the same record.
?

Cincy needs a ridiculous amount of help. Incredibly unlikely.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about bias. Ohio State lost to Oregon at home in a game Oregon controlled. When comparing the two teams, the H2H tiebreaker is pretty clearcut.
It often is about bias, otherwise how could a 3 loss team end up ranked #3 in the country?

They got that #3 ranked despite having lost 3 times that season because of the name on their jerseys, plain and simple.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And did you know the guy that invented the thing we call a ”list” was a MinnyU grad?
Hey man, I appreciate all your efforts to continue to highlight the FACT that the UMn staff and graduates have, over history, invented a ton of cool shit. ;)

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?

Cincy needs a ridiculous amount of help. Incredibly unlikely.
So the teams ranked ahead of Cincy don't have to play some of the toughest games of the season going forward?

No chance Bama could lose again? No chance OSU and MSU could lose? Etc.?

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Cinci is out. Playoff committee made that wildly clear last night. Wake might be out too.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Cinci is out. Playoff committee made that wildly clear last night. Wake might be out too.
Georgia beats Bama, MSU/OSU loser drops, Cincinnati keeps winning, Cincinnati's in. Not hard to understand.

In addition, Oregon could pull another Stanford. All 4/5 of it's remaining opponents are better than Stanford.

Oklahoma could easily lose one before the playoffs.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame probably no chance. Three teams in front of them might lose but that is as high as ND can go because those losses would likely be to teams also in front of ND. Everybody is cheering for Georgia because if Alabama beats Georgia then they both go.
However, the logic they will use is ND and Clemson of last year. But that is a false comparison since they lost to each other.

.......... because losing another game to a #59 ranked team matters.............

:rolleyes2:

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia beats Bama, MSU/OSU loser drops, Cincinnati keeps winning, Cincinnati's in. Not hard to understand.

In addition, Oregon could pull another Stanford. All 4/5 of it's remaining opponents are better than Stanford.

Oklahoma could easily lose one before the playoffs.
IMHO, bama should not be 2 right now. and what kinda bothers me with the committee ranking them at 2, are they thinking that if GA beats bama that they'll just drop bama to #3 or 4 and let them still be in the playoff? :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

If they do that, I will fund anyone who wants to bomb bama's stadium.......... yes, empty of course..........

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about bias. Ohio State lost to Oregon at home in a game Oregon controlled. When comparing the two teams, the H2H tiebreaker is pretty clearcut.
And it's clear cut that losing to #59 ranked Stanford is a terrible embarrassing loss.............. It has to matter..........

IF the ducks lose another game, will they stay above OSU?????????? because, you know.......... head to head??? :rolleyes2:

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's clear cut that losing to #59 ranked Stanford is a terrible embarrassing loss.............. It has to matter..........

IF the ducks lose another game, will they stay above OSU?????????? because, you know.......... head to head??? :rolleyes2:
Maybe Stanford should be ranked #2, ahead of Oregon, because h2h, you know

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will all shake out in the end.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, bama should not be 2 right now. and what kinda bothers me with the committee ranking them at 2, are they thinking that if GA beats bama that they'll just drop bama to #3 or 4 and let them still be in the playoff? :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

If they do that, I will fund anyone who wants to bomb bama's stadium.......... yes, empty of course..........
I agree, no bigger show of bias towards the SEC maybe EVER???

I mean Auburn at #13? TAM at #14? SEC teams ranked #15-17 as well? Including a 3 loss team?

HUGE sec bias.

Who have these teams beat besides each other??

Clemson?
Miami?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean Auburn at #13? TAM at #14? SEC teams ranked #15-17 as well? Including a 3 loss team?

HUGE sec bias.

Clemson?
Miami?
Auburn lost to PSU who has since fallen out of the rankings. Not sure who they beat outside of the SEC that is any good?

Same can be said of basically every single SEC team.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arkansas' big wins were Texas and Texas A&M. UT isn't even getting votes in the AP poll.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HUGE sec bias.

Clemson?
Miami?
bingo.

and we all know why TAM has jumped so high. (Got to make bama's loss to them look as good as possible!!!!)

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then they would no longer be comparable teams, so the H2H tiebreaker wouldnt come into play.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas A&M? Who the hell have they beat outside of overrated Bama??

They BARELY beat a really bad Colorado team, they lost to the aforementioned Arkansas team now sitting at the bottom of their Division.