• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Surging Rangers hosting the Chicago White Sox

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it was all unnecessary. he went full bore on that 9th inning hit on Sunday and it was totally unnecessary

Hustle is always appreciated. Playing hard, every play is a hard thing to do, so he'll get no criticism from me for going 100%, regardless of score or inning.

Now what he did earlier in life, that was TOTALLY unnecessary.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it was all unnecessary. he went full bore on that 9th inning hit on Sunday and it was totally unnecessary

He had no way of knowing that Fielder would score on that play, b/c Fielder scored after he reached 2nd, If he had been dogging it to 2nd you probably would've been bashing that decision too

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He tweaked it before that. It's why he wasn't in the lineup.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mock draft roundup: Expert predictions for Rangers' pick at No. 4 in MLB draft | Dallas Morning News

Here are 5 of the "experts" mock draft picks for the Rangers at #4. Three are going with one of two shortstops, with an outfielder, and with a right handed pitcher.

Alex Bregman (twice) and Brendan Rogers are the picks at SS. Dillon Tate is the pitcher and Daz Cameron is the OF.

"There is one school of thought that they will go upside as they’ve tended to in the past and take Tucker, Tate or Cameron. The louder buzz is that GM Jon Daniels is a little more involved this year and would like them to take a college player. I’m told Daniels has met with Bregman and, if the rumors are to be believed, he is the guy they want here. Texas was also tied to some college arms here that have since faded (Harris, Buehler Kaprielian), another (Tate) that makes a lot of sense and if they’re looking for quick impact, you have to believe Fulmer and Jay have been looked at here. Texas was also tied to prep LHP Kolby Allard before his back injury and is still monitoring him, but he’s a longshot to get this high, even if proven healthy before the draft. Daniels was at the Rangers’ Florida workout, which included Tucker and Rodgers, and Rodgers is the dream pick for Texas at 4."--Kiley McDaniel

"Assuming the two shortstops are unavailable, the Rangers could turn to high school outfielders over college pitchers. Cameron seems to be in play for every team in the top five, though his reported $5 million price tag could affect where he goes. Texas also likes Plant High (Tampa, Fla.) outfielder Kyle Tucker and could opt for Tate if it wants an arm." — Jim Callis

"Scouts will bemoan Bregman's lack of big physical tools or his position uncertainty moving forward in pro ball, but the fact remains that he is the best amateur baseball player in the country. He's been a dominant performer for USA Baseball since he was 16 years old and, with a .330 average, nine home runs and 47 RBIs as a junior this season, has been the key player for the nation's No.1-ranked team. He'll play in the big leagues quickly and for a long time." — David Rawnsley

"The Rangers were on Walker Buehler of Vanderbilt and might still take him, but he has limped to the finish line after a strong start to the season. They'd consider Brendan Rodgers here if he gets this far, but have concerns about his long-term outlook as a hitter" — Keith Law

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chirinos could be back in the lineup as early as today as the swelling in his hand has subsided.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I say you take the best player with the highest upside regardless of position and need.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that affect if Gallo stays longer or not?
I was just commenting on the DMN site about that very topic. Evan Grant seems to think it could because he assumes Beltre will be back sooner than Hamilton, but I don't think that is a given. I wasn't going to be surprised if Beltre missed close to 4 weeks to begin with. I think Gallo is here at least 3 weeks and probably 4, but I don't know if Hamilton's injury will affect that or not. That being said I wouldn't mind Joey getting a day or two in the OF at some point.

Choo is playing through an injury himself(stop me if you have heard that before). He has an injured pinky that needs a pin in it, but if he gets the surgery he will miss a month. It didn't seem to bother him much Tuesday night, but who knows if it gets worse or not.

Between injuries to Choo, Hamilton, Beltre, and a possible Moreland injury Joey may be here for quite some time.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I say you take the best player with the highest upside regardless of position and need.
Sometimes highest upside equals Donald Harris though. No more of those kind of picks please.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just commenting on the DMN site about that very topic. Evan Grant seems to think it could because he assumes Beltre will be back sooner than Hamilton, but I don't think that is a given. I wasn't going to be surprised if Beltre missed close to 4 weeks to begin with. I think Gallo is here at least 3 weeks and probably 4, but I don't know if Hamilton's injury will affect that or not. That being said I wouldn't mind Joey getting a day or two in the OF at some point.

Choo is playing through an injury himself(stop me if you have heard that before). He has an injured pinky that needs a pin in it, but if he gets the surgery he will miss a month. It didn't seem to bother him much Tuesday night, but who knows if it gets worse or not.

Between injuries to Choo, Hamilton, Beltre, and a possible Moreland injury Joey may be here for quite some time.

I had not heard that about Choo. Just when we got something good going. :LWhy does baseball hate us? :gaah:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had no way of knowing that Fielder would score on that play, b/c Fielder scored after he reached 2nd, If he had been dogging it to 2nd you probably would've been bashing that decision too

not really because the game would have been tied