• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday vs NYG

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a game we should win easily but of course, nothing in the NFL is guaranteed. The NYG secondary may be the only one in worse shape than ours. Thurmond is gone and they lost Amukamara (sp?) last week.

I don't know who else watched the Giants game last week but the big issue with their defense was in the middle of the field. They've been getting torched there all season and it continued week 9. Problem is that's easily our weakest offensive threat, throwing over the middle. It would be comforting if we had some confidence going against our opponent's big weakness. I'm hoping running up the gut is still effective Sunday because I'm on board with feeding the beast 25+ times but it seems like there's a huge opportunity there that this team is not equipped to take advantage of.

Good news is we're getting some NFL bodies back. Okung (still playing hurt) and Unger (most importantly) will be back for the line. Jeremy Lane should be back which is great for the special teams coverage that has been lacking.

Let's hope the secondary abuses Eli again and we get a comfortable win at home and ride through without injuries while we keep getting healthy.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coughlin was asked about his secondary during his phone call in with our local media this week and he said they were going to bring in no names guys and that not having film on them would hopefully confuse the offense on what they were doing. He of course was saying it tongue in cheek and was met with laughter.

While the team very much needs a victory here as the slate only gets tougher moving forward, it's just as important to not get any more injuries or reinjuries. This team needs to be a lot more healthy going into that last 7 games.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hopeful we can get the passing game going this weekend. Hopefully with another week under the belt for Norwood/ P Rich and the return Unger/Okung they can start clicking. I like what I have seen from the defense lately and some guys like KPL and Simon have got good experience. I am hopeful this week we turn a corner because we will need to play better in the coming weeks.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The number of touchdowns for Seattle running back Marshawn Lynch (40 rushing and seven receiving) since the start of the 2011 season, the most in the NFL over that 3 1/2-year span. He already has eight TDs this season, which puts him on pace for a career high 16. Lynch had a career high 14 TDs last year. His three receiving TDs this season already are a career best.

Hope he reaches 50 on Sunday.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The number of touchdowns for Seattle running back Marshawn Lynch (40 rushing and seven receiving) since the start of the 2011 season, the most in the NFL over that 3 1/2-year span. He already has eight TDs this season, which puts him on pace for a career high 16. Lynch had a career high 14 TDs last year. His three receiving TDs this season already are a career best.

I love Lynch scoring TDs but I think the real story there is the obvious lack of weapons in the red zone. Guys just can't seem to get open in the endzone so it's always up to Lynch.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having Zach Miller or NFL caliber TEs in general I think has what stalled the offense. In the last 3 years (RW era), the offense was clicking the most at the end of 2012 era when they had two legitimate TES (Miller/McCoy). Its too bad McCoy hasn't been able to stay healthy because Willson doesn't seem like the answer.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To quote Al Davis..."Just win baby" That's what I want, with starters coming back the team will get better, what's important is to weather the storm. I'm still very high on the Seahawks chances this season to go all the way.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks win BIG, RW has huge "game manager" game and

LEADS

Seattle to a 6-3 record.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be no contest for the hawks. With that said.....go G-Men.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope Seattle can establish the run early, get some play action to open up the field and pressure Eli all day. It's been a while since Seattle has played a full 60 mins of good quality football, but this game would be the right time to do it.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the subject of Beast Mode, Barry Sanders was quoted as saying that Lynch is the running back he'd start a team with if he was a GM and could build a team from scratch. That's high praise coming from one of the all-time greats.

theScore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+Unger, +Okung. Place odds RW's performance improves?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will the story line be after this game?

If RW doesn't get at least 300y in the air we should be talking about that phase of the game, even if they do win big. Giants have nobody in their secondary and if this WR crew can't get open all day long there is no other team they will face that they can find holes in.

I'd rather be talking about those issues than more injuries. Let's just hope we have no more issues on the line.

Last edited by a moderator:

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sill the story line be after this game?

If RW doesn't get at least 300y in the air we should be talking about that phase of the game, even if they do win big. Giants have nobody in their secondary and if this WR crew can't get open all day long there is no other team they will face that they can find holes in.

I'd rather be talking about those issues than more injuries. Let's just hope we have no more issues on the line.

For me he doesn't have to have over 300 yards passing because that's not how this team is built to win, run the football, and if seattle gets turnovers on thier side of the ball and we turn those into TDs the passing yards will not be there. What I want to see from Wilson are clean pockets, having the ball with touch ie floaters/speed passes when needed and most important no more high passes. The last three weeks all of his balls including those stupid bubble screens, his passes have been high and off the mark. Creating tough catches (that Wilson TE is not catching). I want to see passes hitting the numbers or in-strive with our WR for first downs or big plays like we saw last year.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson didn't have a good passing day, but he didn't have to since he ran the ball for over 100 yards and the team collectively ran for 350. The interceptions were irritating because they were avoidable, so he'll need to fix that. What I liked about this game is that, for the most part, when they got to the red zone, they didn't try to get cute and throw a bunch of passes. They knew they could run on the Giants and they dared New York to stop them on the ground once they got to the red zone. For all the talk about trying to pick New York's secondary apart before the game, I thought it was good that they saw it wasn't going to happen in the first half and didn't try to force it in the second half. We had the second best rushing attack in the league for good reason and it was good of Bevell to remember that in the second half.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is easy to focus on the skill positions. The difference in this game, the reason we could run the hell over the Giants, was the O line being healthier. Anyone see the number of false starts? The procedure penalties on offense? No? Because there weren't any, or hardly any. At least part of that is due to having a calm veteran in the middle making the line calls, instead of having a UDFA 4th-string emergency fuckup, err, backup in there.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tukuafu is looking good opening up holes for Lynch. I'm thinkin Coleman might need to earn his job back when he returns.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will the story line be after this game?

Less than an 80 passer rating against the worst secondary they will see all of the rest of the season. Something is not right with Wilson at this time. It didn't cost them this week, but he has been off his game for a few weeks now. If he doesn't find answers to this slump soon these last 7 games are not going to turn out well for us.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less than an 80 passer rating against the worst secondary they will see all of the rest of the season. Something is not right with Wilson at this time. It didn't cost them this week, but he has been off his game for a few weeks now. If he doesn't find answers to this slump soon these last 7 games are not going to turn out well for us.

Not gonna put too much stock in his rating this game for a few reasons. 1, the run was working so well that there was no need to attempt more passes in the rain. But, more significantly, it was Marshawn Lynch.

Let me explain. Wilson threw 36 red zone TDs his first 2 seasons (18 in each) and this year 8 of his 11 TD passes have come from the red zone. 70% of his TD passes come in the red zone, and going into the game, half of all of the teams red zone scores this season have been Wilson passes (Wilson had run in 3 more). Yesterday, they just pounded Lynch in the red zone, where in games past they would have thrown the ball quite a bit. Lynch had nearly as many red zone rushing TDs in this game (4) as he had the entire season coming in (5). Who knows if Wilson gets a couple TDs (as stats would have suggested he would have) had they called for him to, which would have increased his rating, especially if he hadn't overthrown Kearse.

The Giants' secondary gives up yards, but they are second in the NFL in INTs (13) and allow the 11th fewest TDs (14). They allow QBs a rating of 83.2, which in this day and age is impressive. Wilson made mistakes, and sure wasn't close to his best game, but the Giants have been getting turnovers all season and deserve some credit.

Wilson has never been the most accurate QB. He puts the ball where his receivers can get it (most of the time) but he has always tended to sail his balls a little. He's struggling for sure, but I think it's a credit to him that he is willing to do other things to win and not just get himself passing numbers (i.e. only 17 attempts and 100 yards rushing).

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked much better yesterday in the pouring rain than he had in the previous 2 games. In those games he was really missing open passes but against the Giants, his accuracy was much better for the most part. There was a great pass to Baldwin inside the 5, down low to keep him from getting hit, and the pass into the endzone to Richardson should have been caught for a TD. It hit him right in the hands.