• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suh says he wants to play for Seattle

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Suh would be asking for too much. His signing would essentially affect the depth that much more. I think Seattle needs to ink a deal on Russel Wildon and work on Marshawn Lynch first.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By posting on this subject, I demonstrate that I am just delusional enough to believe that anyone actually gives a rats ass what I have to say.

I don't have a high opinion of Suh other than as a football player. I think his emotions get the best of him sometimes and he loses control. I don't make the decisions but if he became a Seahawk, I don't want to be here defending his next transgression.

Seattle has some holes to fill on both sides of the ball and Suh doesn't play tight end or wide receiver. And he doesn't play offensive line.

A couple of extremely high priced players means you need a bunch of cheap ones. Just how much better would he make the defense? And is that going to be worth shorting the team in other areas? I don't know. I am not a GM and I didn't stay at the Holiday Inn last night.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wants to play in Seattle, you guys will have to trade for him. No way the Lions let him go anywhere. They'll tag him if that becomes their last and only option. Guaranteed.

That could be an expensive move. The Lions would have to account for how many millions to do that? $26M or something like that?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They tag Suh and will they be able to resign Megatron? Can't see that happening.

All said and done, Suh knows what his negotiating position is. I'm not completely buying his, "I want to play in Seattle" thing because he know we don't have the cap space to sign him to a max deal.
Teams like the Raiders do, won't even blink since they have so much cap room, and a new coach looking to make a splash with the fanbase.

These are always negotiating tactics to drive up the final terms of wherever they sign. Suh would be amazing fit for the Seahawks, but we all know we don't have the space to make the deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin has been signed longterm for several years.

It's an accepted reality by most Lions fans that he will be cut prior to his current contract expiring after 2020. (Possibly released as soon as after 2016.). It's an awful contract. Stupid, stupid, stupid money for a receiver that's already dealing with injury after injury.