• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suh says Dolphins D > Lions D

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two guys who haven't played in forever. Ngata and Reid both currently questionable for week 1.

Keep counting on injured players who haven't played to come in and put out this dumpster fire.

I do and I will.

that's what casual fans do that never played any sport and doesn't know any of the intricacies involved.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
minus Starters Jason Jones and Ngata up in here.

I'll wait two, three, four games into reg season games with those two above in the line-up combined with Caraun Reid earning the other DT spot not to mention starting DE, I'm the Ansah to UR problem.

I'll be patient. many others won't from the very first drive of the opponents offense.
Aren't we exempt from judging most units, on most teams, if all the starters aren't out there?

I'm not screaming aboot the defenses performance, just saying what I've seen from the 1's wasn't impressive. But, like I said, haven't really watched much of the 1's.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't we exempt from judging most units, on most teams, if all the starters aren't out there?

I'm not screaming aboot the defenses performance, just saying what I've seen from the 1's wasn't impressive. But, like I said, haven't really watched much of the 1's.

I'll plead my case as being temporarily incapable of proper or correct comprehension with a former post due to the rather thick, billowing haze that currently surrounds me. :noidea: (using the excuse that I may currently reside in any states from the Pacific Northwest would not be factual. they're all burning. so am i, just not while being there)

you are correct regarding what you or I or any others have seen from some of the 1's as not being impressive.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll plead my case as being temporarily incapable of proper or correct comprehension with a former post due to the rather thick, billowing haze that currently surrounds me. :noidea: (using the excuse that I may currently reside in any states from the Pacific Northwest would not be factual. they're all burning. so am i, just not while being there)

you are correct regarding what you or I or any others have seen from some of the 1's as not being impressive.
Washington's weed has been the best imo. Tied with Oregon. But I brought washington weed with me to Oregon, so it doesn't count.

Cali weed, also good. Assuming Colorado will be more of the same.

Our DT's don't get the benefit of the doubt like that though, with me.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our DT's don't get the benefit of the doubt like that though, with me.

if they all played in Mendocino County Cali, they just might.

you're soooo Blunt.....

never had the pleasure of oregon or washington leafs.... colorado, si si...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, when the starting secondary is getting shredded like lettuce, there's really no reason to run the ball.

You might win our bet simply because the Lions secondary is so bad without an elite pass rush that teams will just throw on them for 60 minutes each week.

I'll take the win any way I can get it. :)

That being said -- when a team's running backs have 30 yards on 23 carries, while facing mostly backups. I think Detroit's run D is going to be just fine without Suh (which is what I said).

As far as the pass rush -- I'm fine with Austin making decisions on how to pressure the QB. If he can turn a mediocre Suh-led defense and turn it into a one of the top 2 defenses in the league. We will be just fine. Getting to the QB is my only concern, but once Ngata is back, he will eat the doubles Suh faced and open it up for everyone else.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami D starters shut down the Falcons, only giving up 3 pts on a drive that started on their own 30 after a botched punt.

The back ups in Detroit will play as much, maybe more than the starters with all these injuries hitting them. Word is Ngata and Reid might not even play week 1.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The back ups in Detroit will play as much, maybe more than the starters with all these injuries hitting them. Word is Ngata and Reid might not even play week 1.

Backups or not -- it won't change our wager. we had all backups and held Jax to 30 yards on 23 carries. :)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way you are talking about Miami -- they should finish 16-0 on their way to a Super Bowl. :)

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami D starters shut down the Falcons, only giving up 3 pts on a drive that started on their own 30 after a botched punt.

Falcons have the worst O-line in football. They are still trying to recruit players.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons have the worst O-line in football. They are still trying to recruit players.

Sucks for Matt Ryan and Tevin Coleman.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your perception is whack.

How is Suh going to be effective against the run when he has to deal with, not only double teams, but you swinging from his nuts? :)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh was right.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hurt: They are not even better than Detroits defense this year, never mind last year.

I really thought Detroit could plug just anyone in at DT and still be a top D. Oh wait, no I didn't. That was someone else.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought Detroit could plug just anyone in at DT and still be a top D. Oh wait, no I didn't. That was someone else.

Top half was what I said. And not just anyone, but any average one. The defense went from almost last in the first half of the season to almost top 10 in the second half of the season with DTs noone can even name besides fatass NGata.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was obvious neither Miami or Detroit could do that.

Last edited:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hurt: They are not even better than Detroits defense this year, never mind last year.

I give you they have improved second half. Not like they're head and shoulders above them though. Middle of the pack at best is all I will give you. Just my opinion.

The one big reason you stated the Lions got better on defense was because of the offense. You paid attention to Miami's this year. Putrid display of offense all season. Arguements go both ways. They've played like the Lions did against KC a bunch this year.