• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suh says Dolphins D > Lions D

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said the Miami D this year has better overall talent than the Lions had last year. He's not predicting they'll finish better. In fact, he questions it himself, emphasizing that's it takes all 11 guys working together to become great. Thats what Austin was able to accomplish where Gunther and Schwartz failed.

It's possible this is his way of challenging his teammates.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said the Miami D this year has better overall talent than the Lions had last year. He's not predicting they'll finish better. In fact, he questions it himself, emphasizing that's it takes all 11 guys working together to become great. Thats what Austin was able to accomplish where Gunther and Schwartz failed.

It's possible this is his way of challenging his teammates.

I don't know. I think it is close enough to have the discussion for sure, but I think I would take Detroit's 10 over Dolphins 10. Dolphins with Suh over Lions with out though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, a lot of Lions fans want to see Miami fail more than see the Lions succeed it seems.

Just as a lot of Suh fans want to see the Lions defense fail. Personally -- Suh was my favorite player on the Lions, but I couldn't care less about him anymore. He showed his true colors when he decided to raffle off his services in FA to the highest bidder.

Anyone who believes his comments about Miami being more talented defensively are being foolish, as you could have inserted any team who would have paid him more and he'd say the same thing about them. If Oakland would have offered 20 million a year -- he'd be in Oakland saying the same thing. That is why teams weren't lining up for him.

I think he is one of the best DT's in the NFL right now, but his salary is a joke for his position. I will say -- I don't blame him one bit for going to the highest bidder. NFL players have a select few chances to do so. The fact he signed the largest contract for a DT before playing a down in the NFL, I thought maybe he'd take less to play with teammates he has built a bond with over the last 5 years. We all know now though -- money was the only reason for leaving.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I think it is close enough to have the discussion for sure, but I think I would take Detroit's 10 over Dolphins 10. Dolphins with Suh over Lions with out though.

Dolphins D line is stronger on paper. That's automatically going to improve their back 7. I really think the Lions run stopping D will be a problem this year. I don't think Ngata will play all 16 games. Without him in there we could have absolutely nothing. Huge question mark.

Much as I like Slay, he can't cover guys forever. And how long can Mathis really play at a high level? We have no proven slot corner. Tulloch is coming off a big injury. Levy will be playing for the first time in his career without Suh eating up blockers in front of him. LE is a rotating door. Only guy I feel really sure about is Ansah. Everyone else is a question mark. I gotta see it to believe it. I already know what Suh brings to a defense.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many valid points. No issue with Suh taking as much as he can get. Just do not think I would risk that much on that position for anyone. Cant marry your investments. Best way to financial ruin. Just my philosophy.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let bet a case of Red Bull on it. Regular, no sugar free stuff.

I don't drink red bull, with or without sugar. I will also say this -- it wouldn't surprise to see the Dolphins ending up with a better ranked defense overall. They have a very favorable schedule to do so. These are the QBs they face the 1st 6 weeks -- RG III, Blake Bortles, Tyron Thomas, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Marcus Mariotta and Brian Hoyer.

The best of the bunch is RG III and we saw first hand how bad Washington's OL is. :)

That is why I offered to wager on the rush defenses of the two teams. Detroit faces the much tougher RB's, but they are much better against the run than Miami -- that is a big IF, Ngata is playing.

Without Ngata -- I'm not sure what to expect. He will eat the same double teams Suh faced when he is in there. When he isn't -- I don't know who will do what or how Austin will scheme to stop the run and pressure the QB.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't drink red bull, with or without sugar. I will also say this -- it wouldn't surprise to see the Dolphins ending up with a better ranked defense overall. They have a very favorable schedule to do so. These are the QBs they face the 1st 6 weeks -- RG III, Blake Bortles, Tyron Thomas, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Marcus Mariotta and Brian Hoyer.

The best of the bunch is RG III and we saw first hand how bad Washington's OL is. :)

That is why I offered to wager on the rush defenses of the two teams. Detroit faces the much tougher RB's, but they are much better against the run than Miami -- that is a big IF, Ngata is playing.

Without Ngata -- I'm not sure what to expect. He will eat the same double teams Suh faced when he is in there. When he isn't -- I don't know who will do what or how Austin will scheme to stop the run and pressure the QB.
Who does Tyron Thomas play QB for? (I'm honestly not being a smartass.)

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL are we talking about Tyrod Taylor here? He might be the best of the bunch.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL are we talking about Tyrod Taylor here? He might be the best of the bunch.
Swore I heard EJ was starting their third game. (KWRP is Sacremento.)

He and Taylor were both impressive in college. Don't remember Cassel though. (It'd be better to be third than second up on Buffalo, I think.)

We don't have a backup option and the Bills have three.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok I'll bet you that Miami finishes w a better run D than Detroit. Is that the bet? What's at stake?

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for both the Lions and Dolphins.

Lions got this guy to save the day.....
kellen-moore-nfl-preseason-detroit-lions-oakland-raiders-850x560.jpg

Dolphins got this guy.......
JayDolphins.jpeg
:dhd:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'll bet you that Miami finishes w a better run D than Detroit. Is that the bet? What's at stake?

Whatever works for me. I don't drink red bull, so I guess we could come up with something comparable monetary wise (i drink water or diet coke from mcdonald's)

Or we can make a lifetime avatar bet. Meaning whoever wins gets to pick the others avatar and can change it whenever they feel like it. :)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who does Tyron Thomas play QB for? (I'm honestly not being a smartass.)

My bad -- I meant Tyron Taylor. It honestly doesn't matter -- Buffalo is going to run the ball 50 times a game, as none of their QBs are any good. Rex Ryan is on record saying -- Bills playbook will have the most running plays in the history of man. :)

Swore I heard EJ was starting their third game. (KWRP is Sacremento.)

He and Taylor were both impressive in college

Tim Tebow and Kellen Moore were impressive in college (WKRP in Cincinnati) :)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we can make a lifetime avatar bet. Meaning whoever wins gets to pick the others avatar and can change it whenever they feel like it. :)

Deal.

Whoever finishes with the better run D at the end of the year wins.