• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suh says Dolphins D > Lions D

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal.

Whoever finishes with the better run D at the end of the year wins.

Sounds good. I'll say this. I think it will be pretty close this year, though I still think Detroit finishes with the better run defense.

If the teams were to flip flop schedules -- Detroit would win in a land slide, IMO.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt Suh really saying the Phins D is better than what the Lions were last year? Doesn't that mean they have to be numer 1 against the run and 2 overall?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt Suh really saying the Phins D is better than what the Lions were last year? Doesn't that mean they have to be numer 1 against the run and 2 overall?

No. But it's certainly possible. Just look how awful the Lions D looks without Suh now. That's the kind of impact he's bringing to Miami. Worth every penny.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami vs Atlanta tonight will be interesting.

Despite not showing anything they'll bring to the regular season, the Dolphins starting defense has given up 0 points in the first two pre season games.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. But it's certainly possible. Just look how awful the Lions D looks without Suh now. That's the kind of impact he's bringing to Miami. Worth every penny.

I do realize the front four was out, as was Levy. Do you? The run defense was decent with backups. The pass rush flat out sucked though. I still can't judge until we see them play as a full unit.

Seeing what the 1st team offense has done without CJ changing the way they cover. The offense may carry the team a little more this year.

Can't wait for my rainbow...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do realize the front four was out, as was Levy. Do you? The run defense was decent with backups. The pass rush flat out sucked though. I still can't judge until we see them play as a full unit.

Can't wait for my rainbow...

Please. Who was out? A guy who hasn't played since week 12 last season for another team and another guy who didn't even play last year due to injury? Walker and Reid were in. Ziggy wasn't. Love Ziggy, but he won't be able to do it alone.

The starting MLB and entire starting secondary got torched by Blane Bortles. If you want to wait until Phillip Rivers throws 4 TDs week one to judge them, that's your business.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please. Who was out? A guy who hasn't played since week 12 last season for another team and another guy who didn't even play last year due to injury? Walker and Reid were in. Ziggy wasn't. Love Ziggy, but he won't be able to do it alone.

The starting MLB and entire starting secondary got torched by Blane Bortles. If you want to wait until Phillip Rivers throws 4 TDs week one to judge them, that's your business.

DeAndre Levy was out. Ziggy Ansah was out. Caruan Reid was out. Jason Jones was out. Haloti Ngata was out.

Detroit had 3 of their front 7 starters on the field and only one DL starter. Bortles had all day and without Levy to cover the TE -- they torched whatever LB was forced to cover their TE. Jax TE's had almost 150 yards receiving.

About the only thing that worried me about last night's game was the play of Mathis. When your starting DL consists of Devin Taylor and Darryl Tapp at DE and Cudjo and Walker at DT -- getting pressure isn't going to happen too often.

It is hilarious to watch you troll on here and then say, I don't want the Lions to fail. In my favor -- even without the majority of the starting front 7 playing -- Detroit held Jacksonville running backs to 30 yards on 23 carries. I'm like our wager more and more, as I think Detroit scheme is built to completely shut down the run. :)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami vs Atlanta tonight will be interesting.

Despite not showing anything they'll bring to the regular season, the Dolphins starting defense has given up 0 points in the first two pre season games.

Miami has a team message board -- you should go over there. :)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hilarious to watch you troll on here . I'm like our wager more and more, as I think Detroit scheme is built to completely shut down the run. :)

Ya, you're nuts.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just look how awful the Lions D looks without Suh now.

not against the J-E-T-S and that was without Ngata. Then, in the Skins game both Reid and Ansah went out pretty early and yet still without Nagata, not to mention J. Jones as well in all three games to date. Once again, all four starting DL were out in the Jags game.

I'll throw some more in there as I truly believe T. Lewis permanently belongs on the international space station with only the Russians. On the flip side of disdain for T. Lewis, he had no business playing WLB, EVER. You might use him as a stand-up rush LB once in a Blue moon and we are done with those for this year and quite a few more (not talking about two full moons in the same month as there is a difference).

I'm a HUGE advocate for keeping players that excel in ST's but not enough to keep said player on the roster if he can't perform better than what I saw, that's prolly my problem right there, last night.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gonna cry to the mods again?

I'm going out on a limb and guessing you are thinking of someone else. I don't have any clue how to even contact a moderator and I quit being a tattle tail when I was about 5 years old.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, you're nuts.

I realize Detroit success defensively was based solely on Suh, especially against the run. But 23 carries for 30 yards for any teams running backs and pretty good. Not Miami Dolphins good, but still pretty good. :)

Especially when the defense consisted of mostly backups in the front 7.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not against the J-E-T-S and that was without Ngata. Then, in the Skins game both Reid and Ansah went out pretty early and yet still without Nagata, not to mention J. Jones as well in all three games to date. Once again, all four starting DL were out in the Jags game.

I'll throw some more in there as I truly believe T. Lewis permanently belongs on the international space station with only the Russians. On the flip side of disdain for T. Lewis, he had no business playing WLB, EVER. You might use him as a stand-up rush LB once in a Blue moon and we are done with those for this year and quite a few more (not talking about two full moons in the same month as there is a difference).

I'm a HUGE advocate for keeping players that excel in ST's but not enough to keep said player on the roster if he can't perform better than what I saw, that's prolly my problem right there, last night.
The Jets did pound it right down the field on the first drive. Starters vs starters the run D was not impressive in Game 1.

That's all I've seen of the starters this preseason though.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just curious as to how this BB_72 bet with Swarm is going to work out when Swarm loses that bet, then you add in TrustmeIamRight wins his bet against Swarm.

So, TrustMe, how do you and I work together on changing his AVI for lifetime.

Flip a coin ?

Odd years, Even Years ?

bart-scott-can-t-wait-o.gif

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets did pound it right down the field on the first drive. Starters vs starters the run D was not impressive in Game 1.

minus Starters Jason Jones and Ngata up in here.

I'll wait two, three, four games into reg season games with those two above in the line-up combined with Caraun Reid earning the other DT spot not to mention starting DE, I'm the Ansah to UR problem.

I'll be patient. many others won't from the very first drive of the opponents offense.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
minus Starters Jason Jones and Ngata up in here.

Two guys who haven't played in forever. Ngata and Reid both currently questionable for week 1.

Keep counting on injured players who haven't played to come in and put out this dumpster fire.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize Detroit success defensively was based solely on Suh, especially against the run. But 23 carries for 30 yards for any teams running backs and pretty good. Not Miami Dolphins good, but still pretty good. :)

Especially when the defense consisted of mostly backups in the front 7.

Well, when the starting secondary is getting shredded like lettuce, there's really no reason to run the ball.

You might win our bet simply because the Lions secondary is so bad without an elite pass rush that teams will just throw on them for 60 minutes each week.