• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And with the Seventh pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions.....?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss was never all that athletic, he is good because his contact balance was elite, and he was a powerful back. His number ended lower than I expected, but he at no point was elite. Also he is a heck of a reciever.

IDK anything about Jermar Jefferson but maybe he has some on-field running skills that are similar - somewhere

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40's and 3-cones and short shuttles etc., only show so much.

There could be instances where a real football player plays lights out on field and tests poorly or the flip side a players plays good but has skyrocket numbers and doesn't show that on field and GM's/Coaches want to get that athleticism out of those players on-field.
You want to see something hilarious, watch some highlight of Moss on a break-away run. Something about it just seems hilarious.

I always felt bad for a lone DB that met him in the open field though.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK anything about Jermar Jefferson but maybe he has some on-field running skills that are similar - somewhere
I have no idea either, I hope he is a real value add. Holmes seemed very surprised he was still there.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Testing numbers can be misleading versus on-field production

LinkHunter RenfrowWRClemson5149Raiders2.94

LinkKeeSean JohnsonWRFresno State6174Cardinals3.21

LinkDiontae JohnsonWRToledo366Steelers4.21

LinkRiley RidleyWRGeorgia4126Bears4.57

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea either, I hope he is a real value add. Holmes seemed very surprised he was still there.

Should he fail to make it in the NFL, it's not a big deal as he was a 7th round pick.

While we fans want all draft picks to succeed those late picks in the 6th and 7th round are mostly hope that player becomes successful and the team gets great value. - kind of like Penisini last year even though he plays a position that doesn't receive a lot of accolades and also Penisini wasn't anywhere near top 25% at his position. He is still a valued pick.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I am falling behind on work because I am watching Moss runs in college and being all sad he is gone.

LOL, wanted him so bad last year

Oh well

Can't always get what you want

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to see something hilarious, watch some highlight of Moss on a break-away run. Something about it just seems hilarious.

I always felt bad for a lone DB that met him in the open field though.

I remember you posting the play on the board last year but for the life of me I don't truly recall "the play".

You always stated his running style was his belly leading the way first and foremost

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember you posting the play on the board last year but for the life of me I don't truly recall "the play".

You always stated his running style was his belly leading the way first and foremost
2:10 mark here, but I recommend you watch his first few runs in that video.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2:10 mark here, but I recommend you watch his first few runs in that video.

LOL that Moss doesn't possess any athleticism. Okay, elite or even great long speed ? Nope. But he has tremendous burst and explosiveness in the short to intermediate areas and his patience, vision and frickin' ankle tendons that only "Gumby the cartoon character would have" are awesome. Elite contact balance ? Check Power to bull through players ? Ask Vince Biegel - at least it looked like him at the end zone run pushing his ass back 5 yards to score.

Perfect example as why a low RAS isn't always the "The Truth".

Maybe, just maybe, Jermar has some quality that is unbeknownst to the regular fan - ya know - the ones that don't watch much of West Coast late, late night CFB

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No confirmation, at least Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is denying any truth to late rumors swirling prior to draft night 1.

The main reason for his fall was a heart condition he reportedly had. But Owusu-Koramoah wants to make it clear that no such problem exists.

In an interview with Mary Kay Cabot of The Cleveland Plain Dealer, Owusu-Koramoah stated that he’s never had any heart issues.

“You get news,” Owusu-Koramoah said. “You get a lot of news within the draft and the process you’re going through. There was something that came up in terms of what guys were saying, but in terms of me, in terms of the personal aspect there were no really heart issues at all. There was nothing that was too ticked off and we went back to Notre Dame and looked at the medical records and everything. I never really had any heart issues or anything going on there. You know, you hear a lot of things, but you’ve got to get it from the source.”

Owusu-Koramoah said that teams should have gotten their information on his medicals “from the source” – i.e. him – if they wanted the truth. Browns general manager Andrew Berry certainly seemed convinced that there weren’t any problems.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL that Moss doesn't possess any athleticism. Okay, elite or even great long speed ? Nope. But he has tremendous burst and explosiveness in the short to intermediate areas and his patience, vision and frickin' ankle tendons that only "Gumby the cartoon character would have" are awesome. Elite contact balance ? Check Power to bull through players ? Ask Vince Biegel - at least it looked like him at the end zone run pushing his ass back 5 yards to score.

Perfect example as why a low RAS isn't always the "The Truth".

Maybe, just maybe, Jermar has some quality that is unbeknownst to the regular fan - ya know - the ones that don't watch much of West Coast late, late night CFB
He destroys arm tackles. initiates crushing contact and then spins out. His replacement was also looking elite. He was dominating as a freshman last year, damn shame we will never see what could have been.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Campbell joined the Sirius XM NFL show “Movin’ the Chains” on Tuesday and gave his thoughts on Detroit’s entire draft class, pick-by-pick.

On Amon-Ra St. Brown:

“Is he a guy that’s going to run a 4.3? No, he’s not a 4.3 guy, but he plays fast, man. We just felt like he was an excellent addition. We think he can go in there and compete at slot receiver”
On Barnes:

“Look, he’ll have a little bit of growing pains, but we all think he can develop into something special. There again, his character just reeks of success.”

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to read this. McNeil was a former RB, LB and Baseball player even the latter while at college. He has a lot of athletic qualities.

NC-ST played him as the only DT on their in 2020 after switching from a 4-man front in 2019 to a 3-man front in 2020

taking on two offensive linemen (at least) on every play in 2020

McNeill would not be a bad player to consider using offensively in heavy sets. In an I-formation on the goal line, he would not have many problems clearing a path.”

5. Can McNeil have an immediate impact in the NFL?

“Alim McNeill can have an immediate impact, but he likely will hit his true stride somewhere between year two and three. A good way to gauge his impact will be to see what type of numbers the Detroit edge players put up. If the Lions have quality defensive ends, utilizing them beside McNeill should show it.

If he stays healthy, has competent talent around him, and is coached to his strengths, the Lions have a future All-Pro in Alim McNeill. His work rate and demeanor will resonate with both the city and fan base. He will make Detroit a better team.”
There is no doubting his ability. I am glad to hear he lots of other distractions that may have contributed to his occasional lethargy. Without them maybe he will be all in of football and it will show on the field.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Old Lion

Just so you're aware, Sage Surratt had a scholarship offer from Roy to play for the Tar Heels.
dead serious.
He chose foosball instead.

that's athleticism/versatility all swaddled in one blanket

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad to hear he lots of other distractions that may have contributed to his occasional lethargy.

even Suh has had bouts of lethargy throughout his career (just like the greater % of players show at one time or another) but don't let @RobBase read this because he'll tell me I'm crazy and go back to hibernation until February 2, 2022.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, how frickin' crazy is it to see the high % amount of defensive snaps Suh takes on a per year basis.
Rarely do you see an iDL like that

SUH
Capture - Suh.PNG

Donald
Capture - Donald.PNG

Richardson
Capture - Richardson.PNG

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1