• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And with the Seventh pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions.....?

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here's why-

That stat is impressive. But it's dubious that he went undrafted in spite of it.

Adams lead the entire FBS in drops last year. Eleven. Ouch. 12.4% drop rate.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were the days. I still miss you, Suh. Greatest Lion ever since Barry.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
way too early but CFB players being on notice to look out for in the 2021 season

Devin Lloyd was All-Pac 12 1st team, All-American 2nd team, and a finalist for the Butkus award. Not only does he not make an honorable mention for either linebacker spot, but they also give the top spot to a different Pac-12 Player who has been worse than him every year.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin Lloyd was All-Pac 12 1st team, All-American 2nd team, and a finalist for the Butkus award. Not only does he not make an honorable mention for either linebacker spot, but they also give the top spot to a different Pac-12 Player who has been worse than him every year.
Well it is PFF so...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is PFF so...

and yet every NFL team uses their stats to whatever degree deemed necessary

not that I agree with PFF ratings and rankings as there appears to be some bias and different people are analyzing/grading each teams/players performance

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waaaaay tooooo early for CFB player talk and 2022 draft BUTTTTT...... Here are some teasers

@Mebert your boy's Kuithe and Lloyd get 1st team mentions. I didn't pay attention to other names listed

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Mebert your boy's Kuithe and Lloyd get 1st team mentions. I didn't pay attention to other names listed
I was never sure if Kuithe was the real deal, I just know when you watch the utes he shows up a lot and for good reasons.

Lloyd is a badass

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As mentioned in our interior defensive line piece in this series, Lions coaches have confirmed their base defense will be a 3-4 scheme and have indicated that their front-seven will be strongly influenced by the Los Angeles Rams’ top-rated defense from 2020.

When projecting roles for players transitioning from the previous scheme, any player who played down defensive end (Trey Flowers and Romeo Okwara) or JACK linebacker (Julian Okwara and Austin Bryant) in Matt Patricia’s scheme, will now be an outside linebacker in the new 2021 Lions’ scheme. These outside linebacker roles carry traditional linebacker labels (WILL and SAM) but make no mistake, they are EDGE rushers.

These EDGE rushers will see a shift in their pre-snap alignment and will be asked to expand their skill sets, but in the grand scheme of things, their assignments will still include two basic things all edge rushers do: Create pressure and set the edge.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions_Base_34.PNG

The two big changes from the last scheme are that the EDGE rushers are attacking from a standing position and are set up wider along the line, typically shifting between the 5, 7, and 9-techniques.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The next picture highlights a subpackage look and the front is adjusted to a technical 2-4 look, even though it operates like a 4-2 with the EDGE players rushing from the line of scrimmage.

Lions_34_sub_1.PNG

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, as many fans have asked, the Lions’ EDGE players will rush from a traditional hand in the dirt look in subpackages, further illustrating that it is indeed more of a 4-2 concept.

Lions_34_sub_2.PNG

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
And yes, as many fans have asked, the Lions’ EDGE players will rush from a traditional hand in the dirt look in subpackages, further illustrating that it is indeed more of a 4-2 concept.

Lions_34_sub_2.PNG
I am still skeptical. This type of Defense requires some real good LBs and I am not sure Lions are up to the task. Maybe a pre season pick up might get us there. I am thinking this is going to be hard to watch this year.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

I am still skeptical. This type of Defense requires some real good LBs and I am not sure Lions are up to the task. Maybe a pre season pick up might get us there. I am thinking this is going to be hard to watch this year.
With the length of the contract the coaches got I don't think they worried about players fitting a scheme. I think the implemented the scheme they want first, and plan to fill out the roster with right players over the next 3 years.

We are in for more than just one year of rough watching I think.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This type of Defense requires some real good LBs and I am not sure Lions are up to the task. Maybe a pre season pick up might get us there.

maybe they have one already on the roster as a pre-season pick-up

then again maybe not

who knows

It's extremely early in camp and as far as I'm concerned all the camp hype means nada until you bring that hype and prove it when the real games start and consistency is displayed.

Here are five players I believed have helped their stock through three practices.

LB Shaun Dion Hamilton

With Jalen Reeves-Maybin still on the reserve/COVID-19 list, the Lions have used the opportunity to see who among their off-ball linebacker depth can roll with the second-team defense. Hamilton has regularly been in that rotation, and on Friday, he showed that he belongs there.

Early in practice, Hamilton knifed into the backfield and caught the running back for a tackle for loss. Later during 7-on-7s, when D’Andre Swift ran a wheel route out of the backfield, Hamilton stayed on his hip, forcing an incompletion.

There have been bumps along the way—he had a false start during a special teams rep on Friday—but he has separated himself from the rest of the reserves and used Reeves-Maybin’s absence to his advantage.

BB_72: and a former Bama Player :boink:

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no different than watching the absolute "shit show BQ/MP" displayed for 3 years.

It should be better with the new coaching staff. Lots of former players so there wont be much dissention. By the time the BQ teams had a complete coaching staff, Patricia had already lost the team so it was too late. We wont have to worry about that with this group.

I only expect it to be tough for 1 year.