• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Campbell crying his way to the #1 overall pick.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when we used to say the key to winning and scoring points is a solid O-line?
What about a decade of blowing picks on a WR to then have the worst WR core in NFL history?

Surprisingly, the defense has shown glimpses of promise.

Unsurprisingly, the Lions traded away their franchise QB with no replacement. Only to be awarded the #1 pick in a draft with no future franchise QB's.

Plan is to draft the DE from Oregon #1 since the defense is already respectable. No reason to trade down when there is only 1 elite prospect in this draft and this team has the least amount of talent in the NFL.

QB position is simple. Wait for some dumb ass team like the Dolphins to trade for Deshaun "Rub and Tug" Watson. Throw a couple 3rd rounders in return for Tua or some other team like the Eagles for Jalen Hurts.

Hopefully land a couple bullseyes on WR and LB with your other 2 top selections and this team could be competitive.

Otherwise, go get a couple quality, veteran WR's in free agency (if anyone would decide to play here). Let Goff run one more year and just load up on defense and maybe a run mauling OG in the draft and see what we got in Goff. I would prefer to go with the former plan as Goff and Campbell already look LIONIZED.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when we used to say the key to winning and scoring points is a solid O-line?
What about a decade of blowing picks on a WR to then have the worst WR core in NFL history?

Unsurprisingly, the Lions traded away their franchise QB with no replacement. Only to be awarded the #1 pick in a draft with no future franchise QB's.

Plan is to draft the DE from Oregon #1 since the defense is already respectable. No reason to trade down when there is only 1 elite prospect in this draft and this team has the least amount of talent in the NFL.

QB position is simple. Wait for some dumb ass team like the Dolphins to trade for Deshaun "Rub and Tug" Watson. Throw a couple 3rd rounders in return for Tua or some other team like the Eagles for Jalen Hurts.

Hopefully land a couple bullseyes on WR and LB with your other 2 top selections and this team could be competitive.

Otherwise, go get a couple quality, veteran WR's in free agency (if anyone would decide to play here). Let Goff run one more year and just load up on defense and maybe a run mauling OG in the draft and see what we got in Goff. I would prefer to go with the former plan as Goff and Campbell already look LIONIZED.
Lions will be top 3 the following draft as well, and 2 elite qb prospects should be available

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions will be top 3 the following draft as well, and 2 elite qb prospects should be available

I don't think so. These guys play hard for Campbell, despite his tears. Defense is pretty impressive and almost won them a few games alone.
Add that guy from Oregon and another talented rookie or 2 on defense and it should be pretty formidable.

Fastest way to fix the offense is to just add veterans in free agency. I don't understand why they didn't sign Golladay (unless it was injury concerns). We would of probably won a few games already if we just kept him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why they didn't sign Golladay (unless it was injury concerns).

TBH, He was literally most other teams No.2 WR and wasn't worthy of retaining. He was the Lions WR1 by default. He wouldn't be TB WR1 or Chicago's WR1 or the Rams WR1. I could go on. Plus, they didn't have the money to re-sign him. It would've been a waste of money during this re-build, imo.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. These guys play hard for Campbell, despite his tears. Defense is pretty impressive and almost won them a few games alone.
Add that guy from Oregon and another talented rookie or 2 on defense and it should be pretty formidable.

Fastest way to fix the offense is to just add veterans in free agency. I don't understand why they didn't sign Golladay (unless it was injury concerns). We would of probably won a few games already if we just kept him.
Not paying Golladay is one of my favorite Lions moves in years.

Just a guy. Nothing spectacular about him, besides being the #1 target for a better than average QB for a few years.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expedition games is a glimpse of promise? The Lions are almost at the bottom of the barrel in Offense AND Defense. The only way the Lions can win is if their opponents beat themselves. Their opponents don't need to try very hard to beat them. The Lions Special Teams, Offense and Defense has only gotten over 19 points once.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems like Utah LB Devin Lloyd and Bama WR Jameson Williams would be perfect for these two slots.
Simply putting down my :2cents:

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBH, He was literally most other teams No.2 WR and wasn't worthy of retaining. He was the Lions WR1 by default. He wouldn't be TB WR1 or Chicago's WR1 or the Rams WR1. I could go on. Plus, they didn't have the money to re-sign him. It would've been a waste of money during this re-build, imo.

So you rate him in the 20-30 range in the league?

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a guy. Nothing spectacular about him, besides being the #1 target for a better than average QB for a few years.

When I think of "just a guy". I look to our WR core now. Those guys are "just a guy" you could get in any round of any year's draft.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Utah LB Devin Lloyd and Bama WR Jameson Williams would be perfect for these two slots.
Simply putting down my :2cents:

I am totally fine as long as we go defense with one of those 2 selections.
Remember the last time we had a good defense we actually made the playoffs? Fairley, Tulloch, Suh.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expedition games is a glimpse of promise? The Lions are almost at the bottom of the barrel in Offense AND Defense. The only way the Lions can win is if their opponents beat themselves. Their opponents don't need to try very hard to beat them. The Lions Special Teams, Offense and Defense has only gotten over 19 points once.

Defense didn't show glimpses?
  • Held Ravens to 19 points
  • Vikings to 19
  • Steelers to 16
  • Browns to 13
  • Bears to 16
5 out of 11 games. They held their opponents under 20 points. (45%)
That's pretty promising to me.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I think of "just a guy". I look to our WR core now. Those guys are "just a guy" you could get in any round of any year's draft.
I don’t think you’d need to draft most of them tbh.

But that doesn’t stop the Lions from trading multiple picks for a former UDFA in Trinity Benson. That was fucking retarded.

St. Brown is only behind Golladay by about 140 receptions on the Lions all time list. I don’t think he’s a long term answer as a 1 or 2 option, but I’d rather have him than KG.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you rate him in the 20-30 range in the league?
I would say there are probably at least 20-30 guys who are clearly better than Golladay, but there are probably another 30+ who are roughly equal to him. Maybe some of those guys are slightly better or slightly worse in certain areas with different strengths and weaknesses. He wanted star top 5 WR money and because of the way the NFL is structured and FA and the win now and what have you done for me lately attitud of the league he was able to get that kind of money. But I don't think it was a good investment for a team that was rebuilding to pay top dollar for a league average (at best) WR1 with no compliments to him and nobody to get him the ball. You can afford to overspend on a guy like that if you have a young QB and you want to boost his confidence or if you're just a step or two away from winning. You can't overspend as a rebuilding team. He's by no means a building block type of guy.

IMO.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golladays value comes from out muscling DB on deep throws, he has no real route tree. With Stafford launching to him he looked a lot better than he is. Daniel Jones has shown what he is with a qb with regular arm strength

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense didn't show glimpses?
  • Held Ravens to 19 points
  • Vikings to 19
  • Steelers to 16
  • Browns to 13
  • Bears to 16
5 out of 11 games. They held their opponents under 20 points. (45%)
That's pretty promising to me.
Laughable... Nothing much to write home about!!!
Ravens ... average 23.5 points a game.
Steelers ... Big Ben took the day off, but average 20.3 points a game.
Browns ... average 21.2 points a game.
Vikings/Bears ... Division games are played differently.
2008 Lions vs (10-7) Vikings ... Lions 10 - 12 Vikings ---- Lions 16 - 20 Vikings
2008 Lions vs (9-7) Bears ... Lions 7 - 34 Bears ----- Lions 23 - 27 Bears

2008 Lions ... 30 Sacks, 4 INT's and 22 Forced Fumbles... 16 games
2021 Lions ... 16 Sacks, 8 INT's and 06 Forced Fumbles... 11 games

Last edited:

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laughable... Nothing much to write home about!!!
Ravens ... average 23.5 points a game.
Steelers ... Big Ben took the day off, but average 20.3 points a game.
Browns ... average 21.2 points a game.
Vikings/Bears ... Division games are played differently.
2008 Lions vs (10-7) Vikings ... Lions 10 - 12 Vikings ---- Lions 16 - 20 Vikings
2008 Lions vs (9-7) Bears ... Lions 7 - 34 Bears ----- Lions 23 - 27 Bears

2008 Lions ... 30 Sacks, 4 INT's and 22 Forced Fumbles... 16 games
2021 Lions ... 16 Sacks, 8 INT's and 06 Forced Fumbles... 11 games

Bet you're going to say they suck today again too right? lol

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that doesn’t stop the Lions from trading multiple picks for a former UDFA in Trinity Benson.

Should we be jumping to conclusions?
Dude is bad ass based on his name "Trinity" alone.