• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Suh says Dolphins D > Lions D

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, this is in the same lines as Joique Bell saying he will rush for 1200 or Ngata saying he has never been a part of a defense like the Lions. Players talk before the season starts, this is nothing new.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I don’t have a problem saying this, but I think personally that we have more talent[in Miami] than we had in the No. 1 defense last year in Detroit,” Suh said.

Why do you keep posting this non-sense? Newsflash -- players make ridiculous claims after signing elsewhere, getting traded or before the season starts, in general.

Ngata has anchored some of the best defenses in the history of the NFL -- yet in Detroit, after a couple weeks, he says has never played on a defense like this.

Suh leaves Detroit to go to Miami and after a few months and no live game action -- they have more talent than Detroit.

A few other quotes throughout the NFL:

Oakland expects to win their division
Adrian Peterson is going to rush for 2500 yards
Jordy Nelson would have walked off the ACL tear and kept playing during the regular season
Bell is going to rush for 1200 yards

Should I keep going?

Every team is tied with the best record in the NFL right now. It is what makes the NFL great. Everyone is an All-Star and every team is going to the Super Bowl, until the teams actually take the field in the regular season and reality smacks them in the face.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To give you an ulcer.

Thankfully I've never had an ulcer, though I'm thinking with a 2 year old banging his head and face off anything and everything -- that will give me an ulcer before a chat room message board.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I don’t have a problem saying this, but I think personally that we have more talent[in Miami] than we had in the No. 1 defense last year in Detroit,” Suh said.

Wanted to add to this. Since Miami's defense with the addition of Suh is more talented than Detroit's defense and Detroit's defense with the addition of Ngata is like nothing Ngata has ever been a part of.

This means -- Detroit's defense is greater than Miami's defense, because Ngata's Baltimore defense was better than any defense the Lions ever had, with or without Suh, and Detroit's defense this year is better than those Baltimore teams.:nod:

Oh yeah -- Ebron is going to win the MVP, Bell is going to be the Offensive Player of the Year, Abdullah is going to be the Rookie of the Year and all 11 players for the Lions defense will be 1st team All-Pro.

Can't wait for the Lions undefeated season to get started.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's you and Kreton in the Nemo's parking lot.
:puke:

Interesting (and a bit disturbing) that you can be so specific when it comes to that sort of thing.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was all over the news.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, this is in the same lines as Joique Bell saying he will rush for 1200 or Ngata saying he has never been a part of a defense like the Lions. Players talk before the season starts, this is nothing new.

I think it's different. Suh isn't being ridiculous when he says it. I liked his follow up too, saying talent doesn't mean anything unless it all comes together on the field. Possibly a veiled compliment to Austin?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's different. Suh isn't being ridiculous when he says it. I liked his follow up too, saying talent doesn't mean anything unless it all comes together on the field. Possibly a veiled compliment to Austin?

It is possible, but I think your view is skewed by you being such a big fan of Suh. I think Dolphins defense will be awesome this year, but I think Lions had better talent on every level then the Dolphins. Although Wake is better then anyone one else on the Lions line. Ansah has a higher potential, but is not as good of a player yet I think.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You see it as a veiled compliment to Austin -- I see it as a built in excuse he is making if Miami's defense struggles. :)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see it as a veiled compliment to Austin -- I see it as a built in excuse he is making if Miami's defense struggles. :)

Ya, a lot of Lions fans want to see Miami fail more than see the Lions succeed it seems.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the SUHper Bowl be sudden death when it goes to OT, tied 0-0?

Or do they just play quarter by quarter?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is possible, but I think your view is skewed by you being such a big fan of Suh. I think Dolphins defense will be awesome this year, but I think Lions had better talent on every level then the Dolphins. Although Wake is better then anyone one else on the Lions line. Ansah has a higher potential, but is not as good of a player yet I think.

It's possible your view is skewed by being such a big fan of Austin, and the Lions. I know the Miami defense will be better with Suh. I don't know what the Lions D will be without him. I'm guessing Miami finishes w a top 10 D, with a top 5 run D. I don't think the Lions have a top 15 defense in any category. And that's coming from a Lions fan.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible your view is skewed by being such a big fan of Austin, and the Lions. I know the Miami defense will be better with Suh. I don't know what the Lions D will be without him. I'm guessing Miami finishes w a top 10 D, with a top 5 run D. I don't think the Lions have a top 15 defense in any category. And that's coming from a Lions fan.

I don't think Detroit will have a better defense then Miami this year. Suh's statement that the Dolphins defense this year is better than any he was on in Detroit is what I am arguing. By your own numbers you put up (top 5 run, top 10 overall) you don't agree with Suh's statement either. Lions had a top 3 defense with the #1 run defense last year.

I think the Lions will slide to the 10-15 range on defense this year myself. The secondary is top 5 I think, but without depth so there is risk there. Dline is still top 15 IMO, with a higher potential if Reid or Wright are better than expected in the middle.