• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stafford the stud!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to break the news to you guys but right now, Stafford is among the elite QB's, no matter how you slice it. Go look at the numbers. Peyton Manning is clearly running the show, but Stafford is right in there with the likes of Rodgers, Rivers and Brees. Here's some of Stafford's stats right now (these are only among the guys that start every week, not a couple of games):

7th in QB ratings
2nd yards per game
2nd in total yards
12th in completion percentage (area where fans criticize the most)
2nd in least sacked QB
4th in TD passes
3rd in 20+ passes
3 forth quarter comebacks (I think thats right)
11th in picks

Through eight games, Stafford is proving to be an elite QB in the NFL. On top of that, he still has a broken wr core but still manages to put up huge numbers. I could just imagine his stat line with a line-up like Manning's.

Again, call me a huge Stafford fan but the numbers are there. I understand why some would like Luck over him, but I don't see anywhere that proves Luck is the better QB right now. I think it's Manning, Rodgers, Brees and I'd argue over who takes the next spot between Rivers and Staff. Brady is in there but he's struggling without his wrs.
You're a HUGE Stafford fan. :lol:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also a HUGE Stafford fan.

He's a great young QB and a future Hall of Famer.

He's putting up passing stats at a rate that no other QB ever has. Ever.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to break the news to you guys but right now, Stafford is among the elite QB's, no matter how you slice it. Go look at the numbers. Peyton Manning is clearly running the show, but Stafford is right in there with the likes of Rodgers, Rivers and Brees. Here's some of Stafford's stats right now (these are only among the guys that start every week, not a couple of games):

7th in QB ratings
2nd yards per game
2nd in total yards
2nd in least sacked QB
4th in TD passes
3rd in 20+ passes
11th in picks

Through eight games, Stafford is proving to be an elite QB in the NFL. On top of that, he still has a broken wr core but still manages to put up huge numbers. I could just imagine his stat line with a line-up like Manning's.

Again, call me a huge Stafford fan but the numbers are there. I understand why some would like Luck over him, but I don't see anywhere that proves Luck is the better QB right now. I think it's Manning, Rodgers, Brees and I'd argue over who takes the next spot between Rivers and Staff. Brady is in there but he's struggling without his wrs.

When I look at who other Quarterbacks are throwing to, I definitely don't see how Staff has a disadvantage. Calvin Johnson is the best receiver in football, by a significant margin. (Im not being going to get into where some people are willing to put him historically.). Nobody as an option like that in today's NFL. Take away CJs numbers and take away the top option for any other team and see how the numbers stack up.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his draft class he was yes. But that is an annual thing for the top QB on the board IMO. I dont think it was special for Luck. The staggering amount the Redskins gave up to get the #2 QB in that draft resulted in both of them getting a lot more press attention.

I personally would not trade Stafford for Luck. I simply think he is a better fit for our offense.

I can only assume this got added into that post because you got shown up for not having done the research before making that earlier post about being younger. If not then :doh:. One year difference?? Come on. I watched 48 year old Bernard Hopkins beat up on a guy that had to be at least 20 years his junior in a fight last weekend and you think one year gives Luck a plus over Stafford. I'd say that its one year in age but two years less experience. I give that edge to Stafford.

If they were all in the same draft class I think they would have gone Luck, Stafford, Bradford. Now that they are in the NFL I would want them on my team as Stafford, Luck, Bradford. That's my opinion anyway.

Dan Snyder is a classic overspender.

I stated I'd prefer Stafford.

Luck was more than "annual thing" coming out. People have been raving about kid like no QB I have ever seen.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm also a HUGE Stafford fan.

He's a great young QB and a future Hall of Famer.

He's putting up passing stats at a rate that no other QB ever has. Ever.

Future Hall of Famer is laughable TPaul, at this point. And isn't much but another of your Lions homer bias examples. He hasn't won a playoff game. He hasn't won a division title. There can't be 7 or 8 different HOFers playing the same position in the league at the same time. And there are a few QBs who've already punched their ticket.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I look at who other Quarterbacks are throwing to, I definitely don't see how Staff has a disadvantage. Calvin Johnson is the best receiver in football, by a significant margin. (Im not being going to get into where some people are willing to put him historically.). Nobody as an option like that in today's NFL. Take away CJs numbers and take away the top option for any other team and see how the numbers stack up.

I don't think you are valuing the importance of a #2 WR.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7th in QB ratings
2nd yards per game
2nd in total yards
2nd in least sacked QB
4th in TD passes
3rd in 20+ passes
11th in picks

He's off to a great start this season but unless your group of elites changes from month to month don't you think the sample size is a bit small.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's off to a great start this season but unless your group of elites changes from month to month don't you think the sample size is a bit small.

Not if "this season" is the premise. Halfway point is a fair sample size for the season. It's not as though the list was made a game or two in.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those that think Luck is better is basing that off preference, I think. I think the Lions are better on paper but not on the field. The Colts beat S.F, Seattle and Denver and it wasn't all because of Luck, that's for sure. Dont get me wrong, I think he a really good qb but Stafford is better in my mind.

They beat all of those teams this season? Holy shit. Yeah the colts are definitely better than the lions. Is luck better than stafford currently? I think its a toss up, but if theres a qb that has more potential to be elite than stafford I think its luck. But it doesnt matter both staff and luck will be top five qbs for many years.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if "this season" is the premise. Halfway point is a fair sample size for the season. It's not as though the list was made a game or two in.

Ok. Fair enough. I think a QB, or any player really, has to prove himself consistently over a longer period of time to be considered elite. Staff has never made a pro bowl, though he probably will this year if he maintains his current pace. Rodgers & Brees are the only 2 in the NFC I'd put above him... and the only 2 QBs in the NFC I'd consider elite fwiw.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Luck is a more polished QB, and is more athletically gifted. But I dont want that trade. He's just the only guy(other than ARodg) who Id consider straight up in a deal. The guy replaced Peyton Manning almost seamlessly Yao.(he did to us what Staff did to the Cowboys) The forehead got cut because he's so good... (I was a nonbeliever in the hype. And pretty emphatically tbh. But I was wrong. ).... The Forehead!!! I mean would anyone have ever believed Peyton Manning could get cut and that it would be a good football decision? (Other than Swarm)

Haha, other than swarm, love it.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do Smitty. Especially if it was still the Lions drafting. Look, I know I'm a huge Stafford fan and all but I promise that has nothing to do with why I think he's better. People kept saying if Bradford wouldve came out, he wouldve went first. I doubt it. Luck is a really good qb but you're not going to find a Stafford type qb for a long time. All Stafford wouldve had to prove against Luck if they would've came out at the same time is the ability to show he can read defenses well and such.

I think both bradford and luck wouldve been drafted over stafford.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. Fair enough. I think a QB, or any player really, has to prove himself consistently over a longer period of time to be considered elite. Staff has never made a pro bowl, though he probably will this year if he maintains his current pace. Rodgers & Brees are the only 2 in the NFC I'd put above him... and the only 2 QBs in the NFC I'd consider elite fwiw.

I'd agree with that.

I don't put Stafford in the elite for his career. This season though he surely deserves to be considered as such.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smitty, sure he has Calvin, but I don't think he has much else than that. We know this story. Rodgers has a hell of a line-up, obviously. Plus he has a great coach and a perfect system. Nelson, Cobb, Jones, Finley and he used to have Jennings too. That's not even fair to have those guys available. Same with Manning. Both Tomas', Welker and Decker. Brees has the best TE in Graham, Colston and Sporles and their slot guys are pretty good. Rivers has seen most of his guys leave or get injured, but he's making use of his weapons right now (something good QBs do). Romo is playing pretty well because he has some weapons.

Stafford has Calvin and everyone else is pretty average-not real difference makers. Bush is legit, but Staff was putting up numbers even before him. Lions still need a #2.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not small, it's what's there. We can possibly throw about eight names in here, but I will stay with the top five in my mind at the current time.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right. It's very fair when it's eight games into a season. Stafford's numbers might even increase given the remaining schedule and the time he's had recently with all the added guys.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree hes not elite but dont get me started on the pro bowl, im still pissed eli made it over him in 2011.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When peyton got cut I figured he was done, washed up. I just couldnt imagine a team cutting arguably the best qb of all time just to avoid a huge bonus unless he was done.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but they had to make the move for Luck because they knew they couldn't hold on to Manning forever. I'm not sure if his numbers would be the same if he had stayed with the Colts.